PDA

View Full Version : Procharged 700hp Cuda 440 burnout

BucketBack
06-13-2021, 09:10 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFCzqjX_0Ag&t=51s

stevekozak
06-13-2021, 10:39 AM
I am probably in the minority, but I am not a big fan of burnouts. I have never understood the concept of wanting to stress the engine, trans, driveline, and brakes all for the sake of destroying tires and creating toxic smoke. I love horsepower and I love going fast. I just don't really get the burnout thing.

Mad Trapper
06-13-2021, 11:22 AM
I built up the 11:1 motor (69 vette 370/350 LT1) in my Camaro, had the block decked and head surfaced, comp was ~ 12:1.

I run 100LL AV gas in it. Back in the day , I could go to the small local airport and drive right up to the pumps. I'd tell the kid pumping to filler up, then do a good burnout for him when I left. He was always happy to see me. :)

I still have the car, been sitting in the barn.............

Mad Trapper
06-13-2021, 11:25 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFCzqjX_0Ag&t=51s

My best friend had a 1970 440 with the super track pack, he almost cries when he speaks about when he sold it. It was unmolested and worth ~100K now

Big Ken
06-13-2021, 02:10 PM
I am probably in the minority, but I am not a big fan of burnouts. I have never understood the concept of wanting to stress the engine, trans, driveline, and brakes all for the sake of destroying tires and creating toxic smoke. I love horsepower and I love going fast. I just don't really get the burnout thing.

I'm in your group, even when I was younger back then I thought it was a waist of good tires and the smell seemed to stick on you all day.

BucketBack
06-13-2021, 02:30 PM
I'm in your group, even when I was younger back then I thought it was a waist of good tires and the smell seemed to stick on you all day.

Agreed, but I still did it.:thumb:

Mad Trapper
06-13-2021, 08:04 PM

You didn't use your good tires, put those in the trunk with the floor jack. You went to the junkyard so you could burn them up until one went flat.