PDA

View Full Version : Just Talking About Heaven

Dwight55
06-14-2021, 01:10 AM
Wanted to share 3 definitive facts about heaven.

https://youtu.be/7FI2CJblhvw

May God bless,
Dwight

bigwheel
06-14-2021, 10:26 PM
I cant pull up the video. Can you tell us the facts? What would you think of some ot these speculations
1. Heaven is yet future based on Jesus's Promise to build us a mansion in His House. Dearly departed folks now go to Paradise.
2. Heaven is a city called New Jerusalem and measures 1,500 miles high wide and long. Might be a sphere or a pyramid.
3. Heaven has animals because Jesus is coming back riding on a White Horse.
Did the Preacher in the video mention any of those things? Thanks.

Dwight55
06-15-2021, 09:10 AM
I cant pull up the video. Can you tell us the facts? What would you think of some ot these speculations
1. Heaven is yet future based on Jesus's Promise to build us a mansion in His House. Dearly departed folks now go to Paradise.
2. Heaven is a city called New Jerusalem and measures 1,500 miles high wide and long. Might be a sphere or a pyramid.
3. Heaven has animals because Jesus is coming back riding on a White Horse.
Did the Preacher in the video mention any of those things? Thanks.

Hmm . . . double checked the video . . . it works here. PM me your address . . . I'll get a DVD in the mail to you . . .

As for the questions: The setting is in the large upper room . . . Jesus and the disciples had finished the Last Supper . . . Jesus had washed the feet of all 12 disciples . . . and He had as well sent Judas to do his evil deed. They were preparing to leave . . . go across the book Kidron . . . up to the Mount of Olives . . . and he would be arrested there in the early hours of that Thursday morning.

In St. John, chapter 14 Jesus said there were many mansions (some interpret the Hebrew word to mean places) and that he would go (inference is that He would go THERE ) and prepare a place for His disciples that were with Him that night. He further said that if He went . . . He would come again and receive them unto Himself that where He was . . . they would be also.

Then we find in Romans 8:34 that Jesus sits at the right hand of God . . . in Heaven. That being the case . . . Jesus is in Heaven . . . his disciples are therefore with Him . . . so the answer is a definitive and affirmative "NO" . . . Heaven is not just future . . . but exists today . . . is real . . .

Furthermore . . . Paul assures us the following: 2 Corinthians 5:6-8 Therefore we are always confident, knowing that, whilst we are at home in the body, we are absent from the Lord: (For we walk by faith, not by sight:) We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.

Being absent from this body (as a Christian . . . this promise is to them alone) is to be present with the Lord . . . sitting at the right hand of God . . . so we too go instantly to heaven . . . last breath here . . . fist breath there.

Yes . . . that is a "late Revelation" description . . . actually both are . . . and are some kind of future changes which will be brought about in the beginnings of what we term as "eternity" . . . after the Great White Throne judgment . . . after Satan and his followers are all cast into the lake of fire.

It will be done for "us" . . . and honestly, while I know it is important . . . I cease wondering about things when we hit that thing about our names being written in the book of life. That and that alone affirms my admittance . . . so pyramid, sphere, great city . . . whatever . . . I'm there with my loved ones . . . and honestly, . . . nothing else matters. It will unfold and be all brand new to me . . . and I will love it.

3. Heaven has animals because Jesus is coming back riding on a White Horse. Absolutely . . . as well as lions and lambs . . . and I'm still wondering what to name my horse.

Did the Preacher in the video mention any of those things?

He spent pretty much all the alloted time on the first question. Affirming 3 things:

1) Heaven has God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit . . . and Satan will one day no longer have access to challenge us or charge us or accuse us before God.

2) Heaven has my loved ones there who died as innocents or as Christians

3) Heaven has your loved ones there who died as innocents or as Christians.

Makes a feller glad it is up to us and us only as to whether we go or not. Looking forward to walking in those gates.

May God bless,
Dwight

bigwheel
06-15-2021, 09:29 PM
Some TV preacher likes to say Heaven is where ever God is located. Now did the the residents of Paradise get moved to Heaven? Or are they still in Paradise? Persian word meaning a pleasant park?

Dwight55
06-15-2021, 11:27 PM
Some TV preacher likes to say Heaven is where ever God is located. Now did the the residents of Paradise get moved to Heaven? Or are they still in Paradise? Persian word meaning a pleasant park?

As best I understand it Bigwheel . . . paradise WAS a place between heaven and hell. It was the place all OT saints went . . . awaiting Jesus to come and literally preach to them . . .

The background of it is found in 1st Peter . . . chapters 3 and 4: 1 Peter 3:19 By which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison; and 1 Peter 4:6 For for this cause was the gospel preached also to them that are dead, that they might be judged according to men in the flesh, but live according to God in the spirit.

They could not ascend to heaven upon death because they were not "born again" . . . until Jesus preached to them in the heart of the earth for those 3 days folks assumed Him to be dead. My opinion is that is the only altar call wherein EVERYONE took the challenge . . . accepted Jesus as their savior . . . and shortly thereafter . . . paradise was closed.

I'm not all that familiar with Catholic dogma . . . but I believe this is possibly where they get the doctrine of purgatory.

Anyway that is how I understand and teach it.

May God bless,
Dwight

bigwheel
06-18-2021, 09:11 PM
Thanks very interesting topic and good teaching. Assumed Paradise was still operational..but shows what I know. lol.