PDA

View Full Version : GREAT web site!!!

Inor
06-25-2021, 12:05 AM
This is one of the coolest web sites I have found in a long time!

https://usabeef.org/

It is a site for local ranchers to sell directly to the public (without the government or corporate ag/meatpacker intervention). The site does NOT appear to try and get between you and the rancher. They have direct contact info for you to call/e-mail and buy beef in your local area.

Just a suggestion... If you find a guy here and decide to try them out for a purchase, you might want to subtly let them know you will pay cash and do not require a receipt to maybe save a couple dollars too. Even if the rancher does not offer you a discount, it will still deprive the government of tax revenue they will use to further erode your rights.

Mad Trapper
06-25-2021, 12:47 AM
I'm lucky that my cousins raise prime beef breeders, cows and bulls. I'll help them on the farm, and rendering a steer, for a bit for the freezer. I get cow shit for the garden too.

Last time I went to deliver a bull with them, late Feb, younger cousin used google to get a route/directions, had us on muddy/snow mountain roads pulling a trailer, that I told the youngster was trouble.....

I will get them the web link, but family eats up most surplus. It's a small operation, but not tiny for NEngland. I miss grandparents farm and fresh milk......

edited above

Sasquatch
06-25-2021, 12:57 AM
Hot Nursey and I are in the market for a good freezer so we can stuff a cow into it. Thanks for the info.

Mad Trapper
06-25-2021, 01:14 AM
Tried a search. 0 in vermont, 1 in Ma strangley eastern mASShole, a bunch in NY, closest is ~ 50 miles. Not all in NY are Dorks......

Prepared One
06-25-2021, 06:55 AM
Mmmmmm beef. One of 3 of my favorite things.

Any Beastie
06-25-2021, 07:20 AM
BEEF! Always looking for some good local beef, somethin that isn't from a china cow stuffed into 5sq ft and covered in shit. Thanks!

BucketBack
06-25-2021, 09:10 AM
I see cattle all the time around here, but the nearest rancher is 55 miles away

Innkeeper
06-25-2021, 10:33 AM
Nearest to me is about 50 minutes but I will have to look into it.
Thanks, Inor.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

juskom95
06-25-2021, 02:06 PM
I always prefer local beef, seems to taste better than what I buy in the grocery.

Inor
06-25-2021, 05:33 PM
I always prefer local beef, seems to taste better than what I buy in the grocery.

That's because they are usually not pumped full of chemicals to make them grow faster.

juskom95
06-26-2021, 08:41 AM
That's because they are usually not pumped full of chemicals to make them grow faster.

I'm really missing my big freezer. I don't have room in my new place for a large freezer, but I think I can fit a chest freezer (I hate those) in here. Then, I can order some real beef.

Sparkyprep
06-26-2021, 09:44 AM
I'm really missing my big freezer. I don't have room in my new place for a large freezer, but I think I can fit a chest freezer (I hate those) in here. Then, I can order some real beef.

Why do you hate chest freezers? (I have 3). Just curious.

juskom95
06-26-2021, 11:08 AM
Why do you hate chest freezers? (I have 3). Just curious.
Bad Back
Hard to find things
Take up more floor space

I had a chest freezer for years, and I found that I liked the uprights better overall, but where I'm at now I have a shelf/counter above, so no upright freezer.