PDA

View Full Version : Matt 13, the Sower

Dwight55
07-18-2021, 09:46 PM
Matthew 13 has two parables of the sower.

The first deals with our spirituality here.

The second deals with the end of time and what happens.

This is on the second one.

https://youtu.be/mmNwdHvxkBY

May God bless,
Dwight

BucketBack
07-19-2021, 06:13 AM
I noticed that most of Matthew is in red letter in some Bibles.

Any Beastie
07-19-2021, 07:17 AM
This new show that I've been enjoying lately shows Matthew as very detail oriented and trying to be exact with every word and never missing any teaching. There's no way to verify if this was true but he has the most red words of any gospel account.

Enjoyed the listen dwight, thanks!

Dwight55
07-19-2021, 08:00 AM
The attempt with the red words . . . is to help us understand what Jesus said . . . VS . . . other speakers.

OR . . . what Jesus said . . . VS . . . other common wording.

The book of Mark is more "matter of fact" . . . this happened, here it is.

Luke tends to be VERY detailed in his delivery.

Matthew is kind of a middle ground between the two . . . but yes, he is also very detailed in his presentation.

But in the end of it all . . . we believe that God inspired the men to write what they did . . . they just did it in their own personal styles.

And truthfully . . . I like the red wording . . . helps me sometimes in the "sort out" of the speakers . . . etc.

May God bless,
Dwight

bigwheel
07-19-2021, 06:55 PM
I'm a bit confused as to where the Wheat and Tares Parable fit. Post Millennial perhaps? Having trouble making it jive with a pre Trib Rapture for some reason. Thanks.

Dwight55
07-20-2021, 12:42 AM
I'm a bit confused as to where the Wheat and Tares Parable fit. Post Millennial perhaps? Having trouble making it jive with a pre Trib Rapture for some reason. Thanks.

Well, Bigwheel . . . I'll just be a bit blunt with you . . . no offense meant . . . just stating the facts.

Reading 1st Thess 4, Paul said this: 1 Thessalonians 4:14-17
For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.
15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep. 16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: 17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

Then in 1st Corinthians we find this also: 1 Corinthians 15:51-55
Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, 52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. 53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality. 54 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory. 55 O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?

In both passages . . . he indicated that he was looking forward to the end of time as we know it . . . with an event we all call the rapture. He indicated that with the overwhelming use of the plural pronoun . . . "we".

In Thessalonians . . . he indicated it would happen with the sound of a trumpet.

In 1st Corinthians . . . he timed it perfectly with the "last trumpet".

The 7th trumpet sounds at the end of the world as we know it . . . bringing on the rapture . . . but it is THE LAST EVENT for the world as we know it . . . it is the end.

Sadly . . . the pre-trib rapture is a farce . . . I all too deeply wish it were true . . . but there is far too much Bible to speak against it . . . and truthfully no Bible to speak for it . . .

May God bless,
Dwight

bigwheel
07-20-2021, 05:31 PM
Gotcha thanks. Surely no offense taken here. I listened to this nice old preacher expound on the topic for years on you tube. He made a lot of sense. He was definitely a no rapture at all type guy. Now passed not too long back. His Boy is the head Preacher now. Does a great job. They study verse by verse which is my favorite. Always came away feeling fed. Dont watch em much any more for some reason.
https://shepherdschapel.com/

Dwight55
07-20-2021, 06:38 PM
Gotcha thanks. Surely no offense taken here. I listened to this nice old preacher expound on the topic for years on you tube. He made a lot of sense. He was definitely a no rapture at all type guy. Now passed not too long back. His Boy is the head Preacher now. Does a great job. They study verse by verse which is my favorite. Always came away feeling fed. Dont watch em much any more for some reason.
https://shepherdschapel.com/

Well the four of us would do well together . . . you, me, and them two. My Bible study is on Wed at 7 . . . and that is exactly what we do. Sometimes we don't get more than 5 or 6 verses in the evening . . . but what we got is solid.

My old uncle taught me that way . . . was an old United Baptist preacher from eastern Ky . . . as was his father.

I'm just trying to follow in the footsteps that went before me.

May God bless,
Dwight

bigwheel
07-21-2021, 06:23 PM
Your doing a good job Sir. Thanks. The Lord stuck a hook in my jaw and reeled me up 41 years ago. I sniffed around on a plain English version of the Bible one rainy week stuck on midnights. All there there was to do was read it under a street light. Made sense and yeppers that was the bait. lol Being Born Again at 40 can be traumatic for a a bad old sinner as some may not know. I started trying to soak up all the information I could find to know more. Landed me into Fundy Baptist Bible College and a BA in Pastoral Theology. Started a small Church and was ordained in the Bible model of the laying on of hands by those in attendance. The Church went defunct due to me being a crappy preacher most likely lol. Anyway. Here I am and try to do what I can to help the Holy Ghost drag those sinners back from the flames. I currently am the head preacher of the Church at my house and have a page on Fake Book called "Christianity what do you think?" to represent that church. We love good preaching and lively discussion. Come over and chat.

Dwight55
07-21-2021, 10:33 PM
.......... Come over and chat.

Membership pending . . .

May God bless,
Dwight

bigwheel
07-22-2021, 09:29 PM
You musta made it in. Dont see any pending requests. lol.

Dwight55
07-22-2021, 09:34 PM
You musta made it in. Dont see any pending requests. lol.

Yep . . . made it . . . left a comment . . . got commented back . . .

May God bless,
Dwight

bigwheel
07-25-2021, 04:49 PM
Yep. Think I got you pegged. lol Glad you came. Be glad to hear anything you might want to say to the assembly over there. The Rapture can be confusing. From what I can gather Pope Paul thought it was gonna happen in his day. I hope and pray for Pre...and enough ammo in case its mid or none..lol. Found this link which looked sorta interesting.
https://gracethrufaith.com/ask-a-bible-teacher/paul-and-the-rapture/

Dwight55
07-25-2021, 05:11 PM
Yep. Think I got you pegged. lol Glad you came. Be glad to hear anything you might want to say to the assembly over there. The Rapture can be confusing. From what I can gather Pope Paul thought it was gonna happen in his day. I hope and pray for Pre...and enough ammo in case its mid or none..lol. Found this link which looked sorta interesting.
https://gracethrufaith.com/ask-a-bible-teacher/paul-and-the-rapture/

Thanks for the good words, Bigwheel . . .

It has been a while since I truly last preached on the rapture as an entitiy itself . . . but the Lord pushed me in that direction today.

It will be on here later on . . . in process right now.

It is really sad the way so many people attempt to manipulate what God said . . . so they can make it fit what they want to believe.

Anyway . . . be careful of that site you mentioned up above . . . didn't take me long to decide to stay away from them.

May God bless,
Dwight

BucketBack
07-25-2021, 05:15 PM
There is a song

They want you to send your money to The Lord

But they give you their address

bigwheel
07-25-2021, 05:51 PM
I've picked some links from Jehovah Witnesses a few times by mistake. Sorry.