PDA

View Full Version : Pick and Post

Sasquatch
07-21-2021, 09:00 PM
Not your boogers freaks!

A thread for posting your veggies and fruit after you pick them.

Here's some jalapenos and okra I just picked.

Slippy
07-21-2021, 09:20 PM
Not your boogers freaks!

A thread for posting your veggies and fruit after you pick them.

Here's some jalapenos and okra I just picked.

Excellent!

Jalapenos that is.

Try and pick your Okra a bit earlier. Mrs S believes that a bit smaller will be better tasting.

Sasquatch
07-22-2021, 12:39 AM
Excellent!

Jalapenos that is.

Try and pick your Okra a bit earlier. Mrs S believes that a bit smaller will be better tasting.

I remember you mentioning that before. We were on vacation for a week and when we got back they had gotten huge. But thanks for the tip, I'll be picking them earlier from now on.

Michael_Js
07-22-2021, 10:30 AM
Nice! Our peppers aren't ready yet, neither are the tomatoes. Here's some stuff - we've eaten a LOT of blueberries, strawberries, asparagus, squash, snap peas already...Processed some blueberries and strawberries into jam already. No new garlic has been eaten yet and some is still curing in the garage. Love the fresh stuff!!

Some squash - last of the garlic and the last spaghetti squash in the background:

A tiny portion of strawberries:

Some of the cured and trimmed garlic - I keep them in the mesh bags all year:

Garlic still curing - I ran out of mesh bags, so used a couple of old pillow cases ;) The haul was MUCH larger than expected this year!

Strawberry & blueberry jam! :)

A tiny portion of snap peas - we air fried up some for lunch on Monday :)

A small portion of basil (already dried basil, oregano, sage, and cilantro); this batch is destined for pesto this fried to go along with garlic sourdough bread:

The first batch of artichokes - many more to come:

Peace & healthy eating!
Michael J.

Broncosfan
07-22-2021, 11:24 AM
Didn't get a just picked pic but these are soon to be Bread & Butter pickles. 16241

hawgrider
07-22-2021, 12:04 PM
Nice! Our peppers aren't ready yet, neither are the tomatoes. Here's some stuff - we've eaten a LOT of blueberries, strawberries, asparagus, squash, snap peas already...Processed some blueberries and strawberries into jam already. No new garlic has been eaten yet and some is still curing in the garage. Love the fresh stuff!!

Some squash - last of the garlic and the last spaghetti squash in the background:

A tiny portion of strawberries:

Some of the cured and trimmed garlic - I keep them in the mesh bags all year:

Garlic still curing - I ran out of mesh bags, so used a couple of old pillow cases ;) The haul was MUCH larger than expected this year!

Strawberry & blueberry jam! :)

A tiny portion of snap peas - we air fried up some for lunch on Monday :)

A small portion of basil (already dried basil, oregano, sage, and cilantro); this batch is destined for pesto this fried to go along with garlic sourdough bread:

The first batch of artichokes - many more to come:

Peace & healthy eating!
Michael J.

You win! Nice haul!

Sparkyprep
07-22-2021, 06:07 PM
I didn't plant a garden this year. Just too busy. :ughh:

Broncosfan
07-22-2021, 06:25 PM
Didn't get a just picked pic but these are soon to be Bread & Butter pickles. 16241

My estimator was a little off today. I thought maybe 36 pints ended up with 52 pints. Not bad for a days work!

Mad Trapper
07-25-2021, 06:28 PM
Everything is real late here or rotted/damped off from rain.

Here is two from archives:

and to go with that.....16273

We finally got two dry days in a row, then 1/2" rain last night, thunderstorm coming on in now........

Slippy
07-25-2021, 06:41 PM
Great garden harvests to all!

I've been meaning to take pics;

On average 30 tomatoes per day, various kinds
25+ jalapenos
20+ cucumbers
10+ lunchbox peppers
8-10 Okra
3-4 squash
2-3 zucchini

Tobasco Peppers about to come in, expecting 30 nice little red peppers daily from our 1 plant.

Pics tomorrow!

hawgrider
07-27-2021, 03:50 PM
Neighbor farmer came over and said he was going to cut a section of picked sweet corn. He said he know his pickers missed a bunch and told us to go get all we want.

Got 2 trailer loads. First load was heaping this is the second load below of some salt and pepper sweet corn. We blanched and froze it today.

https://i.imgur.com/XaYnehc.jpg

Dwight55
07-27-2021, 10:15 PM
First picking of white half runner beans . . . about 100 lineal feet . . . fence is 5 ft tall . . . they grew way over the fence this year.

And of course the old codger sitting on the front porch . . . stringing and breaking.

Wound up with 32 pints . . . and gave away about 6 qts to a friend for her birthday.

May God bless,
Dwight

Sasquatch
07-28-2021, 12:20 AM
I didn't plant a garden this year. Just too busy. :ughh:

We've all been there it's okay. You can just drool over ours.

Neighbor farmer came over and said he was going to cut a section of picked sweet corn. He said he know his pickers missed a bunch and told us to go get all we want.

Got 2 trailer loads. First load was heaping this is the second load below of some salt and pepper sweet corn. We blanched and froze it today.

https://i.imgur.com/XaYnehc.jpg

That's awesome. Good neighbor to have.