PDA

View Full Version : The Snell Helmet Standard is Meaningless?

BucketBack
07-27-2021, 10:39 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76yu124i3Bo

Smitty901
07-27-2021, 12:10 PM
Both have good a bad points. the person making the video has a habit of being very one sided and often wrong.

I wear DOT and that is that. 50 plus years of riding , some racing. More modern light weight helmets do better. They have come a long way Helmets work.
That said Those that ride should decide far as I am concerned. We have a right to be foolish and stupid . If not most liberals would be in jail.
Hit hard slide long. walked away from it.

BucketBack
07-27-2021, 12:39 PM
I fell off the '93 Wildcat going wide open on the Lake, I looked and seen the tracks next to me stopped. Then I hit a ice berm, and became TomE the tumbling dice. My helmet turned to shreds, and my urine was reddish.

I had just studded the track , and put a chip in. If I would have had the kill switch hooked up, the machine would have rolled over me with 192 1 " carbide studs ripping.

As it was the thing was still running a 1/4 mile saying get back on asshole.

So I did, I found the impact sheared my drive belt. So I put the spare on, and continued to drink.

stevekozak
07-27-2021, 11:02 PM
I fell off the '93 Wildcat going wide open on the Lake, I looked and seen the tracks next to me stopped. Then I hit a ice berm, and became TomE the tumbling dice. My helmet turned to shreds, and my urine was reddish.

I had just studded the track , and put a chip in. If I would have had the kill switch hooked up, the machine would have rolled over me with 192 1 " carbide studs ripping.

As it was the thing was still running a 1/4 mile saying get back on asshole.

So I did, I found the impact sheared my drive belt. So I put the spare on, and continued to drink.

I didn't understand this entire post but I understood the " and continued to drink" part of it and gave it a like! :beerchug::beerchug::beerchug:

BucketBack
07-28-2021, 07:20 AM
I was riding a 1993 Artic Cat Wildcat Snowmobile Wide open for a 2 mile run on hard pack snow on Lake Saint Clair.

I was going 112 MPH