PDA

View Full Version : Pics no longer load up

MountainGirl
08-03-2021, 10:11 PM
For me, as of today, when clicking on the image icon to add a pic in a post, only the 'add online image url' option appears, no longer the 'upload from computer' option.

What gives? Does OTP need to buy more server space? Thanks!

Dwight55
08-03-2021, 10:18 PM
Lemme take a whack at it.

I posted this one just a few days back . . . It should go again.

The one of the preacher has never been on here before . . . and it looks like both jumped aboard.

How big is the file of the picture(s) you wanted to put on?

May God bless,
Dwight

MountainGirl
08-03-2021, 10:26 PM

The one of the preacher has never been on here before . . . and it looks like both jumped aboard.

May God bless,
Dwight

Thanks Dwight, not that big. When you click on that little icon, at the top of the Reply window, does the pop-up thingy give you the choice to either 1) upload a pic from your device or 2) enter the url of an online pic? My pop-up always did...but now it only shows option 2).

Nice picture of you! :)

Prepared One
08-04-2021, 05:33 AM
Thanks Dwight, not that big. When you click on that little icon, at the top of the Reply window, does the pop-up thingy give you the choice to either 1) upload a pic from your device or 2) enter the url of an online pic? My pop-up always did...but now it only shows option 2).

Mine is doing the same thing. I am just getting the URL option.

Mad Trapper
08-04-2021, 05:54 AM

Still works for me

juskom95
08-04-2021, 06:03 AM
Mine is doing the same thing. I am just getting the URL option.

Which browser are you using?

Might have to clear cache etc, the regular 'house cleaning,' activities for a computer.

stevekozak
08-04-2021, 06:16 AM

Still works for me

That pic worked for me too...

hawgrider
08-04-2021, 06:52 AM
No issues here for pics it's on y'alls end. Doesn't appear to be a OTP issue. Juskom95 is probably correct it's browsers misbehaving.

https://i.imgur.com/jbr2q6T.jpg

Prepared One
08-04-2021, 06:54 AM
Which browser are you using?

Might have to clear cache etc, the regular 'house cleaning,' activities for a computer.

I use Firefox. I'll try running maintenance.

Prepared One
08-04-2021, 06:54 AM
That pic worked for me too...

Works for me!!!

Ricekila
08-04-2021, 08:08 AM

May God bless,
Dwight

A Hula-Ho -- they still make those -- LOL

And mandatory pic --

https://hosting.photobucket.com/albums/v667/RICEKILA/Animals/.highres/76726001_10157879371380956_62638627678584832_o_zps r7fcinuc.jpg?width=180&height=180&fit=bounds (https://hosting.photobucket.com/albums/v667/RICEKILA/Animals/.highres/76726001_10157879371380956_62638627678584832_o_zps r7fcinuc.jpg?width=180&height=180&fit=bounds)

hawgrider
08-04-2021, 08:44 AM

Still there.

https://i.imgur.com/YbKZjiW.jpg

juskom95
08-04-2021, 08:51 AM
I use Firefox. I'll try running maintenance.

Clear the cache at a minimum.

Might also be some FireFox security settings; if they're up too high, it can cause issues on sites here and there.

SOCOM42
08-04-2021, 11:47 AM
I just loaded some M1 related pictures from my computer, no problem.

I even went into the download icon now and both options were there for me.

Unrelated, I just got a new router, old one would not let me into the TV plus on my smart TV.

Would not take the router password, will put it in tomorrow, hopefully I can get it to work.

I am guessing an EMP in the form of a lightening strike

in the thunder storms over the last 3 weeks is responsible for it.

I would have thought the modem would have died first.

Lost about 15 feet of a tree in the yard from a strike, at least it did not hit any of my multi band verticals.

They are below the trees for that reason.

Mad Trapper
08-04-2021, 12:42 PM
I just loaded some M1 related pictures from my computer, no problem.

I even went into the download icon now and both options were there for me.

Unrelated, I just got a new router, old one would not let me into the TV plus on my smart TV.

Would not take the router password, will put it in tomorrow, hopefully I can get it to work.

I am guessing an EMP in the form of a lightening strike

in the thunder storms over the last 3 weeks is responsible for it.

I would have thought the modem would have died first.

Lost about 15 feet of a tree in the yard from a strike, at least it did not hit any of my multi band verticals.

They are below the trees for that reason.

In same storms, I lost a modem but router is still good.

SOCOM42
08-04-2021, 12:55 PM
In same storms, I lost a modem but router is still good.

You never know, I would have thought that the modem would have taken the hit,

IF the pulse came in that way.

The router's antenna may have absorbed enough energy on their own,

they are about 40 feet from where the tree got hit.

Mad Trapper
08-04-2021, 01:20 PM

IF the pulse came in that way.

The router's antenna may have absorbed enough energy on their own,

they are about 40 feet from where the tree got hit.

I'm thinking maybe the pulse was through the coax cable on the modem. We had two big trees come down over power lines within 1/2 mile. Charge from the lines might have crossed with the cable lines on the poles.

juskom95
08-04-2021, 01:33 PM

Sometimes different gear gets nuked even if other devices are between. The modem might have gotten hit, but is still 'working.' I've had shorts or ID10T errors cause weird things like that.

I had an officer plug in a 110v printer into 220v . . . it still worked afterwards, but was never quite right after that.

SOCOM42
08-04-2021, 01:50 PM
Sometimes different gear gets nuked even if other devices are between. The modem might have gotten hit, but is still 'working.' I've had shorts or ID10T errors cause weird things like that.

I had an officer plug in a 110v printer into 220v . . . it still worked afterwards, but was never quite right after that.

I bought the kid a large flat screen for her bedroom, same room the router and modem reside.

This was 15 years ago, the next night lightening struck in almost the same place, wiped out the RF part of the TV,

took out the in line arrestor with it, never touched the router or the modem.

She uses it to play games on still.

MountainGirl
08-04-2021, 02:06 PM
I went into my OTP settings, clicked on attachments, had 21 pages of them, nuked out a few pages of old Random Pics, and the 'upload' option came back. Thanks guys for the replies, especially juskom for the clean out tip.

Dwight55
08-04-2021, 02:41 PM
I went into my OTP settings, clicked on attachments, had 21 pages of them, nuked out a few pages of old Random Pics, and the 'upload' option came back. Thanks guys for the replies, especially juskom for the clean out tip.

Well, hey . . . you're back in business . . . always a good thing.

May God bless,
Dwight