PDA

View Full Version : Was Kind of a strange day on Wednesday

Sarge7402
08-08-2021, 01:08 AM
Seems we had an influx of brand new Pick Up Trucks with extended cabs. All white with light blue markings. About a dozen of them. All bearing DHS markings. Seems like they were headed down US 340 heading towards Luray

any body else seen any unusual traffic this past week

stevekozak
08-08-2021, 02:43 AM
Probably a total coincidence, but I noted a number of military type vehicles, in that desert tan the Army likes, but without Army markings, rolling down a local freeway.

Mad Trapper
08-08-2021, 03:07 AM
Seems we had an influx of brand new Pick Up Trucks with extended cabs. All white with light blue markings. About a dozen of them. All bearing DHS markings. Seems like they were headed down US 340 heading towards Luray

White and light blue makes me think of the Screw N. Hope D-mentia Joe has not bringing them here

Slippy
08-08-2021, 07:13 AM

Saw some Turkey on my back road, hadn't seen them in a year or so. Other than that, kept close to Slippy Lodge last week.

juskom95
08-08-2021, 07:58 AM

More blackhawk activity overhead than usual, they all look to be Army.

juskom95
08-08-2021, 07:59 AM
Probably a total coincidence, but I noted a number of military type vehicles, in that desert tan the Army likes, but without Army markings, rolling down a local freeway.

That's the primer color when military trucks are built or refurbished, so those vehicles were either brand new and on the way somewhere or refurbished for the same purpose.

Could be normal, could be a ramp up for DHS/Capital Police.

Jester-ND
08-08-2021, 11:27 AM
just combines and grain trucks moving in these parts..

Prepared One
08-08-2021, 11:37 AM
Not much here. Houston being a port city I would see the traffic if it were anything overseas. I have noticed a lot of military helicopters flying overhead out of Ellington over the past couple of weeks.

Slippy
08-08-2021, 11:53 AM
Paging Jim Costa, Paging Jim Costa...:sodaandpopcorn:

SOCOM42
08-08-2021, 12:27 PM
Paging Jim Costa, Paging Jim Costa...:sodaandpopcorn:

I am the one who posted on PF about a possible invasion of Taiwan under Jim's thread.

It was edited for calling Chinks, Chinks but nothing was said about me calling the Japs, Japs though.

It appears they are kissing the Chinks asses per Vertigo by doing such. FU/CK them. last posting. Denton's fault.

The only change around here military wise that I can see is the uptick in C130 navigation training flights.

The lake out front is a navigation point for them, a course change point.

They are VFR flights at low level, 500' to 700' AGL,

sometimes they are down to 300' AGL when they come over,

the legal min. is 500' AGL, I don't care how low they go as long as they don't trim the tops of my trees.

They are C-130's, probably some that I flew on out of Westover.

Flights originate out of Westover AFB.

They were usually done once a month by a flight of 3 aircraft,

now the are running 2 a month right over my place.

They make one run in daylight and one in the evening of the same day under dark conditions for each crew.

stevekozak
08-08-2021, 12:31 PM
It appears they are kissing the Chinks asses per Vertigo by doing such.

They're not just kissing the Chinks asses, they are full-on blowing them and swallowing their yellow loads!!

Slippy
08-08-2021, 01:06 PM
They're not just kissing the Chinks asses, they are full-on blowing them and swallowing their yellow loads!!

Thanks for the visual, Steve. :blindfold:

stevekozak
08-08-2021, 01:08 PM
Thanks for the visual, Steve. :blindfold:

It's a public service. Call me a giver. :biglaugh:

Mad Trapper
08-08-2021, 01:37 PM

What does Doan's Little Pills and Woody Allen have in common?

They both come in little yellow boxes.......

Mad Trapper
08-08-2021, 01:46 PM
I am the one who posted on PF about a possible invasion of Taiwan under Jim's thread.

It was edited for calling Chinks, Chinks but nothing was said about me calling the Japs, Japs though.

It appears they are kissing the Chinks asses per Vertigo by doing such. FU/CK them. last posting. Denton's fault.

The only change around here military wise that I can see is the uptick in C130 navigation training flights.

The lake out front is a navigation point for them, a course change point.

They are VFR flights at low level, 500' to 700' AGL,

sometimes they are down to 300' AGL when they come over,

the legal min. is 500' AGL, I don't care how low they go as long as they don't trim the tops of my trees.

They are C-130's, probably some that I flew on out of Westover.

Flights originate out of Westover AFB.

They were usually done once a month by a flight of 3 aircraft,

now the are running 2 a month right over my place.

They make one run in daylight and one in the evening of the same day under dark conditions for each crew.

I visited PF when I saw the "He's back" thread here. Saw where you got censored too. To hell with the Satanists running that place!

When I was in school we were under the flight paths from Westover, lots of C5As/C130s during 1st Gulf war. We also would hike Mt Holyoke , from there it was line of sight to the runway, C5As doing touch and goes all afternoon.

Chiefster23
08-08-2021, 01:57 PM
A shooting buddy of mine lives near a local national guard unit here. He told me today that they have a bunch of brand new (or newly refurbished) APCs lined up in the lot. That is unusual for here. Not sure if this actually means anything important, but I can easily see that Washington is preparing to move against our own citizens. Everything going on today is pointing in that direction.

MountainGirl
08-08-2021, 04:06 PM
Seems I ramped up just in time.

Innkeeper
08-08-2021, 04:36 PM
Nothing new here Army wise always troops hereand lots of choppers, but I live just North of the largest Guard base in America, so summer is always busy.
But we have had some extra C-130's and c-141's at the county airport Ithaca always been a back up airfield. We were supposed to land there returning from Germany on a c-130 but ended up at T.C. because of weather.
But I have been informed by a few friends of a C-17 that was supposed to land there and because of traffic they instead closed down a section of M-32 by Alpena and practiced landing it there. And this week they will be doing the same with A-10's and F-16 's.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk