PDA

View Full Version : NOLA Braces For Life Altering Hurricane Ida

BucketBack
08-28-2021, 12:31 PM
Residents across Louisiana's coast Saturday were taking one last day to prepare for what is being described as a “life-altering” Hurricane Ida which is expected to bring winds as high as 140 mph when it slams ashore.The storm is expected to make landfall on the exact date Hurricane Katrina devastated a large swath of the Gulf Coast 16 years earlier.

But whereas Katrina was a Category 3 when it made landfall southwest of New Orleans, Ida is expected to reach an extremely dangerous Category 4 hurricane, with top winds of 140 mph (225 kph) before making landfall likely west of New Orleans late Sunday.

https://www.newsmax.com/us/tropical-weather-atlantic/2021/08/28/id/1034129/?ns_mail_uid=545d3abc-6c1c-4b70-b47d-520ca6978f05&ns_mail_job=DM250345_08282021&s=acs&dkt_nbr=010502satfxy

Dwight55
08-28-2021, 12:41 PM
Not sure I could be paid to live there . . .

200 maybe 300 miles dead west . . . mebbe . . . NOLA . . . never

May God bless,
Dwight

Mad Trapper
08-28-2021, 01:27 PM
Hope people there are ready or getting out of harms way ASAP.

For all the hype last weekend all we got was a piddle of rain.

This will be real deal cat 4

BucketBack
08-28-2021, 02:10 PM
Mayor said there wasn't enough time to evac the whole city, as all the roads would have to be used for outbound traffic

Piratesailor
08-28-2021, 02:22 PM
The mayor is a ****ing idiot. She actually said it would use all the roads to evacuate the city. So what’s the problem? Use all the ****ing roads. She’s a jackass…

Take all the roads and turn them into one way out of the zone. Simple.

But you know there will be a ton of people that won’t leave or some that actually can’t leave. I haven’t seen the busses lined up to evacuate those that need rides.

Slippy
08-28-2021, 02:50 PM
New Orleans is a little city with a big name filled with a huge percentage of the stupidest negroes, n'er-do-wells and Truly Evil humans that have walked the earth.

New Orleans is also home of some of the BEST FOOD, some of the nicest people I've ever met, some very strong and knowledgable outdoorsman/fisherman/hunters, and the North Shore of Lake Pontchartrain is a very nice place to raise a family/live. (I spent the better part of 2 years working on a consulting gig and lived in a cool little town on the Tchefuncta River which empties into Pontchartrain)

Having said that, I pray for the safety of those good people. If the bad people perish, so be it.

Mad Trapper
08-28-2021, 02:55 PM
Mayor said there wasn't enough time to evac the whole city, as all the roads would have to be used for outbound traffic

She's not worried as hungry hippos love wallowing in the mud

"Democrat New Orleans Mayor Says There Isn’t Enough Time to Evacuate the City Before Hurricane Ida Makes Landfall"

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2021/08/democrat-new-orleans-mayor-says-isnt-enough-time-evacuate-city-hurricane-ida-makes-landfall-video/

Piratesailor
08-28-2021, 03:18 PM
New Orleans is a little city with a big name filled with a huge percentage of the stupidest negroes, n'er-do-wells and Truly Evil humans that have walked the earth.

New Orleans is also home of some of the BEST FOOD, some of the nicest people I've ever met, some very strong and knowledgable outdoorsman/fisherman/hunters, and the North Shore of Lake Pontchartrain is a very nice place to raise a family/live. (I spent the better part of 2 years working on a consulting gig and lived in a cool little town on the Tchefuncta River which empties into Pontchartrain)

Having said that, I pray for the safety of those good people. If the bad people perish, so be it.

Having worked in NOLA and visited many times over the past 20 some odd years, I think you said it perfectly.

And damn..the food. Hmmmm…

BucketBack
08-28-2021, 03:45 PM
I pray for the

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQP5amP28hw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFDYuO53BUk

Mad Trapper
08-28-2021, 04:39 PM
I pray for the

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQP5amP28hw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFDYuO53BUk

Zep "IV" was one of my alltime favorites! thanks!

BucketBack
08-28-2021, 04:42 PM
I had it on vinyl and 8 track.

BucketBack
08-29-2021, 05:45 AM
Travelers stuck at airport after hundreds of flights canceled

Travelers in New Orleans said they weren't sure where to go after flights were canceled Aug. 28. Rental cars & hotel rooms were tough to find before Ida arrived.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/weather/topstories/travelers-stuck-at-airport-after-hundreds-of-flights-canceled/vi-AANRFR2?ocid=msedgntp

Sparkyprep
08-29-2021, 07:26 AM
Let's find out who actually learned anything from Katrina.......

BucketBack
08-29-2021, 07:38 AM
News was showing people at waterfront bars drinking waiting for the storm to come. :pirateflag:

It's a Cat 4 now

Texas Storm Chasers
@TxStormChasers
·
52m
642AM: Our chase team is abandoning/evacuating Larose, LA and heading north. This town is not survivable in a high-end Cat 4+ hurricane. Town is "sticks and tin" (wood and tin construction) and will be full of flying debris. Lots of folks did not evacuate and are still in town.

https://twitter.com/TxStormChasers/status/1431946038504566786?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

BucketBack
08-29-2021, 07:46 AM
IDA UPDATE -- Hurricane Ida is currently a Category 4 storm just southeast of New Orleans, but it's continuing to strengthen. Latest recon has detected 160 mph winds within the eyewall, potentially indicating it's now a Cat 5 - none of which have ever made landfall in NOLA

https://twitter.com/BraaadWx/status/1431944082146922497

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/327183/44173504-91A0-457E-ACDD-29E124F28807_png-2070364.JPG

Ida is heading to the main place the oil comes in from the Gulf

Gas will go up

Prepared One
08-29-2021, 09:51 AM

I lived there for 3 years and have been back many times over the years and you said it exactly right my friend. I used to date a Cajun gal when I lived there and oh man do I have fond memories of her. She was hot as hell and that accent was crazy sexy. She was one of those gals who was crazy in the sack but more then a little crazy outside of it, if you know what I mean.:eyebrows:

I wouldn't want to live in NO but I always enjoy going back. The food and the night life is fantastic and there is a lot to see. I guess we are about to see how well they fixed the dykes and pumping systems.

Mad Trapper
08-29-2021, 10:48 AM
I'll say now.

NO democrats ain't learned shit but more greed n 20 years and I'm sorry for the people in harms way.

Take care people, and may God help You.

Innkeeper
08-29-2021, 01:42 PM
I have an Army buddy who was from NOLA lived just north outside of town. He got out of active and went LA guard we were in Iraq together 05-06 he was doing convoys and security in the Green Zone of Baghdad , I was running convoys along the Iranian border.
We tried to catch each other in Balad but usually missed each other by hours. His unit went home a little early because of Katrina.
I am sure he is prepared this time but I will have to touch base and keep him and his family in my prayers. His mom was an awesome cook.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Slippy
08-30-2021, 03:56 AM
The Shit Has Done Hit The Fan in Southeast Louisiana.

Haven't heard from 2 buddy's of mine in a number of hours. Massive flooding (DUH!) and wind damage. New Orleans and surrounding areas have no power and the sewers are going to cause a bad mamajamma here when the sun comes up today.

Reports are that Hurricane Ida REVERSED the flow of the Mighty Mississippi for a number of hours! Can you imagine the flow of one of the most powerful rivers being REVERSED!

Good men will gather to put their lives in danger soon.

If y'all don't know about the Cajun Navy, do a quick search on these guys. Mighty Angel Warriors!

juskom95
08-30-2021, 06:29 AM

Eh!?

They have evacuation routes where the turn both lanes into northbound/outbound roads for this very purpose!

Prepared One
08-30-2021, 06:36 AM
The Shit Has Done Hit The Fan in Southeast Louisiana.

Haven't heard from 2 buddy's of mine in a number of hours. Massive flooding (DUH!) and wind damage. New Orleans and surrounding areas have no power and the sewers are going to cause a bad mamajamma here when the sun comes up today.

Reports are that Hurricane Ida REVERSED the flow of the Mighty Mississippi for a number of hours! Can you imagine the flow of one of the most powerful rivers being REVERSED!

Good men will gather to put their lives in danger soon.

If y'all don't know about the Cajun Navy, do a quick search on these guys. Mighty Angel Warriors!

The Cajun Navy was front and center here in Houston after Harvey.

shootbrownelk
08-30-2021, 06:53 AM
I lived there for 3 years and have been back many times over the years and you said it exactly right my friend. I used to date a Cajun gal when I lived there and oh man do I have fond memories of her. She was hot as hell and that accent was crazy sexy. She was one of those gals who was crazy in the sack but more then a little crazy outside of it, if you know what I mean.:eyebrows:

I wouldn't want to live in NO but I always enjoy going back. The food and the night life is fantastic and there is a lot to see. I guess we are about to see how well they fixed the dykes and pumping systems.

There's no fixing the Dykes, they're born that way.

BucketBack
08-30-2021, 07:15 AM
The storm surge, which was projected to be up to 15 feet in some parts of the region, was so intense that it forced the mighty Mississippi River to flow in reverse as massive amounts of seawater was pushed ashore, according to Bloomberg.

https://www.theblaze.com/news/hurricane-ida-video-update?utm_source=theblaze-7DayTrendingTest&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=The%20Blaze%20PM%20Trending%202021-08-29&utm_term=ACTIVE%20LIST%20-%207%20Day%20Engagement

juskom95
08-30-2021, 07:40 AM
LA is a beautiful state, but I sure don't miss the hurricanes.

Piratesailor
08-30-2021, 08:13 AM
Daylight comes and we’ll be able to see the extent of the damage.

The views of the eye are incredible. I’ve had the eye of a storm pass over me 2x and it’s always an awesome sight… and scary.