PDA

View Full Version : Social Credit Scores / Banks / MegaStores

BucketBack
08-30-2021, 10:26 AM
Chase Bank Cancels General Mike Flynn’s Credit Cards

Chase Bank has canceled General Mike Flynn’s personal credit card, citing “possible reputational risk to our company.”

https://thinkcivics.com/chase-bank-cancels-general-mike-flynns-credit-cards/
Chase bank just had to write a billion dollar check to the Fed for fraud, and then they cut up Flynns cards.

The clot jab will be tied to the Social Credit Score, no clot jab, no shop at ChinaMart

Their business, their rules I know, but they shouldn't get away with it as they are obviously woking hand and hand with the .gov

Denton
08-30-2021, 10:31 AM
Reputational risk?
Who knew what was in the General's wallet? Who cared?
Chase is doing some of that virtue signalling BS and I hope it backfires on them.

juskom95
08-30-2021, 10:52 AM
Their business, their rules I know, but they shouldn't get away with it as they are obviously woking hand and hand with the .gov

Yeah . . . . I back that until they want to control opinions etc. I don't care if they are giving credit cards to the Nazi party, they shouldn't be denying access based on anything more than legality or financial risk.

Slippy
08-30-2021, 11:46 AM
I'm not keeping score but its been proven more often than I would have thought, that these huge corporate monsters can virtue signal their "wokeness" and nothing usually happens to them.

They placate the libtards and most conservatives continue to buy their products and their stock continues to soar and their bottom line is unaffected. (In MOST cases. Not ALL, but most in my opinion.)

FUBAR

juskom95
08-30-2021, 11:57 AM
I'm not keeping score but its been proven more often than I would have thought, that these huge corporate monsters can virtue signal their "wokeness" and nothing usually happens to them.

They placate the libtards and most conservatives continue to buy their products and their stock continues to soar and their bottom line is unaffected. (In MOST cases. Not ALL, but most in my opinion.)

FUBAR

I think part of the problem is that there isn't really any competition any longer. Sure, you can stop using the Chase bank, but Chase is in charge of many of the credit card charge systems.

So, you may not have a Chase card any longer, but they are still making money off of any/all electronic purchases made on your card.

Inor
08-30-2021, 01:48 PM
This has been coming for a while. It is starting with high profile customers like Flynn but you can be sure your and my facebook posts and tweeter posts will be part of our credit scores in the near future.

I have real mixed feelings on it. It does present a golden opportunity for a bank to come in and offer credit based only on a customer's credit worthiness (novel concept, I know...). They will make a fortune. Will anybody have the balls to do it? I dunno.

juskom95
08-30-2021, 01:59 PM
This has been coming for a while. It is starting with high profile customers like Flynn but you can be sure your and my facebook posts and tweeter posts will be part of our credit scores in the near future.

I have real mixed feelings on it. It does present a golden opportunity for a bank to come in and offer credit based only on a customer's credit worthiness (novel concept, I know...). They will make a fortune. Will anybody have the balls to do it? I dunno.

Nope, because I can pretty much guarantee the feds won't give out any loans to a new bank that is Conservative leaning.

Innkeeper
08-30-2021, 03:04 PM

I have real mixed feelings on it. It does present a golden opportunity for a bank to come in and offer credit based only on a customer's credit worthiness (novel concept, I know...). They will make a fortune. Will anybody have the balls to do it? I dunno.So how will that affect people who have no presence in social media.....OTP is the closest to social media for me. I want 0 presence on social media sites.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

BucketBack
08-30-2021, 03:16 PM
I joined fakebook to connect with family that DGAF much about me. I buy things off the marketplace from time to time.

The only way I can connect with some friends at times is via FB calling. Their internet works, but cell phones don't.

SOCOM42
08-30-2021, 04:29 PM
So how will that affect people who have no presence in social media.....OTP is the closest to social media for me. I want 0 presence on social media sites.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

I have no presence either on anyone outside of here, don't need or want any other site.

Have never been on Twitter or fakebook, or any other one of them.

My Amazon purchases including Flea Bay are done through my daughter on her accounts.

Friends?? Use the land line for that, only have literally a few friends left, most have passed.

My cellphone accumulates about 3 minuets a month of use, and that is to back home.

So I guess the social sum total for me is ZERO.

Any Beastie
08-30-2021, 07:07 PM
I got no social media, I got no social credibility, I'm all counter culture (polluting the earth with children since 2005), and I got no jab. I jay walk and I own a gun and, shit I'm on this forum.

Social score: 0.

No ones coming to save our asses now. I was done waiting for that a looong time ago.

Nothing even makes me blink an eye anymore.

shootbrownelk
08-30-2021, 08:24 PM
This may be the most opportune time for Biden/Harris to reinstall Obama's "Operation Choke point" No credit to gun related companies and no charges on cards for guns or gun related items. Devious bastards that they are.

juskom95
08-30-2021, 09:07 PM
. . . no charges on cards for guns or gun related items. Devious bastards that they are.

That isn't as easy as it sounds, never has been.

red442joe
08-31-2021, 05:14 AM
Just look at how much gun stuff is bought with PayPal.

Joe

juskom95
08-31-2021, 07:38 AM
That isn't as easy as it sounds, never has been.

For everyone worried about this, know that your receipt isn't sent to the credit processing company, never has been.

The best they do is categorize a business and make assumptions. So, if you buy something at a Flying J, that is categorized as 'fuel,' even if you purchased a coffee.

Businesses and companies don't want to track this, and it is for a very easy reason: badnwidth & cost. Not everyone knows this, but processing credit cards requires certain security features (PCI compliance) which standard broadband does not contain. So it means more security. Also, with the new chip readers, they require more bandwidth; some areas can barely handle the current chip load. So adding receipt information to that adds bandwidth to the system, and is an additional metric which no one is designed to support.

Even assuming every register is electronic and tied directly to the credit card system (not all of them are) it would mean trying to coordinate databases that could be decades in technology apart.

Now I type the above just to add a little bit of salt into this discussion. Don't freak out yet, as doing what the Left wants to do with credit cards/scores is not as easy as they make it appear or believe it to be.

Coastie dad
08-31-2021, 11:50 AM
So, you are saying if I use a credit card to buy ammunition at bass pro, it may not show up as ammunition, but rather as "sporting goods?"

juskom95
08-31-2021, 12:14 PM
So, you are saying if I use a credit card to buy ammunition at bass pro, it may not show up as ammunition, but rather as "sporting goods?"

That is exactly how it works. It will be sent to the bank as the charging entity; now Bass Pro may have a separate entity for its firearms/ammunition department.

Now, for fraud, there may be a deeper investigation.

If you're ever curious call your bank fraud department and see if they can get the past few charges for you; they will just read off the amounts, times and companies who charged you.