PDA

View Full Version : Surviving Severe Wounds When There Is No Medical Help Available

hawgrider
01-29-2015, 06:01 AM
Great video for anyone that spends time outdoors. Weather hunting, hiking, camping or any other activities that may take you away from where medical care is quickly and easily available. Snare Man walks you through the different ways of dealing with severe wounds in the field. He tells how to call for a medevac helicopter and what to expect and do to be ready when they arrive.
Also how to deal with a bleeding wound to avoid loss of life. How to stop hemorrhaging and which wounds you should close and which you shouldn’t and how to prevent infection in them.
video here-
http://thehomesteadsurvival.com/surviving-severe-wounds-when-there-is-no-medical-help-available/

Montana Rancher
02-05-2015, 09:01 PM
Thank you for the post and link, I found it very good.

My wife is a RN and works with these kind of things all the time but I always like seeing a REALLY USEFUL POST

I sell gauze bandages, sutures and pressure wraps on eBay and Amazon so I have the advantage of having a lot of backstock of vital supplies and then I make money selling them.

I haven't messed much with Steri-strips which is something I need to look into, which make watching the video worth it.

Thanks again.

Slippy
02-05-2015, 10:04 PM
Excellent post Hawg. We were adding to our stores of basic First Aid items (bandages, gauze, etc) this week. In a SHTF situation, it is important to make sure all injuries are thoroughly tended.