PDA

View Full Version : As Of Dec 1 Squatted Vehicles Illegal In N.C.

BucketBack
09-04-2021, 08:45 AM
[IMG]https://img-s-msn-com.akamaized.net/tenant/amp/entityid/AAO4hsk.img?h=450&w=799&m=6&q=60&o=f&l=f[/IMG

Now, any vehicle with suspension modifications that simultaneously raise the front and lower the rear fenders of any vehicle--the signature look of the squatted truck--will become illegal.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/enthusiasts/squatted-trucks-banned-in-north-carolina-and-drivers-could-lose-their-license-for-a-year/ar-AAO4jwG?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531

hawgrider
09-04-2021, 09:05 AM
:impala:

Kusa
09-04-2021, 09:18 AM
I see these stupid looking trucks all over anymore. They look dangerous as visibility is reduced. I expect the handling of the truck is compromised too.

Dwight55
09-04-2021, 09:19 AM
No esta bien, eh senor??

May God bless,
Dwight

Prepared One
09-04-2021, 09:24 AM
It looks silly if you ask me.

Mad Trapper
09-04-2021, 09:25 AM
Dam!!!! My old 69 Dart with the leaf springs coming up through the trunk would be banned now!

Sparkyprep
09-04-2021, 10:38 AM
Always thought it looked stupid, BUT, it is just one more example of the government stepping in where it is not needed or wanted.

Denton
09-04-2021, 10:38 AM
Dumbest looking things I've seen on the streets. I hope Alabama follows suit.

Kusa
09-04-2021, 11:31 AM
Always thought it looked stupid, BUT, it is just one more example of the government stepping in where it is not needed or wanted.

I mostly agree with you but some of these things are so jacked up in the front that there is no way the driver can see properly.

Mad Trapper
09-04-2021, 12:41 PM
Dam!!!! My old 69 Dart with the leaf springs coming up through the trunk would be banned now!

I jacked it up, put 2" X 8" X 3' boards in the wheels wells, above the rotted rear spring mounts, and drove it 2-3 more years. Worked fine! Springs never came back into the trunk.

red442joe
09-04-2021, 12:49 PM
In early 2000's assholes did this in SouthernCalifornia. Called it East County style. They were trying to get the look of off road race trucks leaving Ensenada.
Every one I talked to was the definition of Public Transit.
Stupid.

Joe

Inor
09-04-2021, 01:14 PM
Admittedly, those trucks scream "I'm a douchebag!" but so do Smartcars and Toyota Priuses and those are still legal.

Off topic: Do they put velcro in the truck bed? How else would they keep the country girls from sliding out? (Oh wait, the truck screams "I'm a douchebag" so I guess country girls aren't part of the equation.)

Jester-ND
09-04-2021, 01:59 PM
pretty sure the squat truck look means you squat to piss too....because you ass was filled at the last pride parade!

Innkeeper
09-04-2021, 02:28 PM
I am pretty sure squat truck = probably a gang banger.....or a white wannabe.....

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Mad Trapper
09-04-2021, 06:41 PM
Admittedly, those trucks scream "I'm a douchebag!" but so do Smartcars and Toyota Priuses and those are still legal.

Off topic: Do they put velcro in the truck bed? How else would they keep the country girls from sliding out? (Oh wait, the truck screams "I'm a douchebag" so I guess country girls aren't part of the equation.)

For your trucks bumper......

Sparkyprep
09-05-2021, 07:02 AM

So, you are ok with the government making things illegal, as long as YOU think it is stupid?

Slippy
09-05-2021, 09:29 AM

Spot On Sparky!!!

Slippy
09-05-2021, 09:35 AM
I ride around my land quite often checking out the roads for potholes/erosion and removing downed trees/limbs etc and I'm in and out of my truck often and the damn seatbelt notification ringer drives me crazy.

Another example of government over-reach.

I read an article recently about the Effing Joe Biden administration attempting to mandate that new vehicles must have the seatbelt engaged in order to start the damn thing.

Screw that nonsense.

Freedom is a wonderful and sometimes scary thing. Learn to live with it.

People who gladly trade their freedom for "security" are FUBAR

Slippy
09-05-2021, 09:37 AM

Damnit, don't give governor Mee-Maw any new ideas, that liberal bitch needs to go home and bake some damn cookies or some such nonsense.

BucketBack
09-05-2021, 10:10 AM
I ride around my land quite often checking out the roads for potholes/erosion and removing downed trees/limbs etc and I'm in and out of my truck often and the damn seatbelt notification ringer drives me crazy.

I read an article recently about the Effing Joe Biden administration attempting to mandate that new vehicles must have the seatbelt engaged in order to start the damn thing.

Screw that nonsense.

the 2022 GM trucks and SUV already have it

Ricekila
09-05-2021, 10:15 AM
My first car -- 61 Plymouth Valiant -- raised the front by tightening the torsion bars -- the rear by jacking up each side till the rear of the leaf spring extensions ( whatever that part was called ) till I could wedge a chunk of 2 X 4 in there --

Great -- till I rebounded offa a good deep pot-hole & the wood came flying out --

Denton
09-05-2021, 11:01 AM
So, you are ok with the government making things illegal, as long as YOU think it is stupid?

That it looks pretty stupid has nothing to do with why I'd like to see it banned. That visibility is drastically lessened is a danged good reason.
To make matters worse, the dimwits who squat their trucks around here are heavy-footed in town.

SOCOM42
09-05-2021, 11:53 AM
That it looks pretty stupid has nothing to do with why I'd like to see it banned. That visibility is drastically lessened is a danged good reason.
To make matters worse, the dimwits who squat their trucks around here are heavy-footed in town.

There are none of them out here in the country where I live.

In the big city there are plenty of trucks and cars that are jacked up.

The asshole have to make a public spectacle of themselves,

worse yet is the shit music coming from a 500 watt amp, you can hear it over a block away.

All that I have seen have tattoo's all over their necks and arms, adorned with gold chains.

My silent thoughts were, "I wish I had a LAW or a RPG".

You are right though, they are a road hazard in several ways including the driver.

Mad Trapper
09-05-2021, 12:05 PM

Screw that nonsense.

All my cars/trucks are > 30 years old , and I like it!!! I'm always on the lookout for good old stuff that's not rotted out. Might be a slew of stuff on the market soon due to hurricane Ida. Old stuff here dies of road salt cancer before running gear wears out.

I've got a 73 C10 I can use as a donor truck if I can find a 73-87 body that is not wipped. It's got a low miles I-6 292 no emmissions, 11" clutch, muncie/w hurst from a vette, 12 bolt posi rear. Any body from down south know of a body PM me.

Besides the other new crap, some have GPS where you get tracked.

Slippy
09-05-2021, 01:37 PM
All my cars/trucks are > 30 years old , and I like it!!! I'm always on the lookout for good old stuff that's not rotted out. Might be a slew of stuff on the market soon due to hurricane Ida. Old stuff here dies of road salt cancer before running gear wears out.

I've got a 73 C10 I can use as a donor truck if I can find a 73-87 body that is not wipped. It's got a low miles I-6 292 no emmissions, 11" clutch, muncie/w hurst from a vette, 12 bolt posi rear. Any body from down south know of a body PM me.

Besides the other new crap, some have GPS where you get tracked.

I wish I had kept my 1968 F250 (Original Factory paint color Caribbean Turquoise!) But it was 2 wheel drive and I kept getting it stuck on my land. I wish I had dropped in 4WD because it was a tank! Taught both our Sons to drive a stick in that F250!

Mad Trapper
09-05-2021, 02:21 PM
I wish I had kept my 1968 F250 (Original Factory paint color Caribbean Turquoise!) But it was 2 wheel drive and I kept getting it stuck on my land. I wish I had dropped in 4WD because it was a tank! Taught both our Sons to drive a stick in that F250!

I had one, 360 4-speed w/creeper gear, also a 4wd one on a farm I worked at, I remember 85 bales of hay on that when the hay wagon got a flat tire.........

shootbrownelk
09-05-2021, 06:12 PM
:impala:

OMG! Will these laws affect the Leadsled community? Inquiring beaners want to know.

shootbrownelk
09-05-2021, 06:19 PM
My first car -- 61 Plymouth Valiant -- raised the front by tightening the torsion bars -- the rear by jacking up each side till the rear of the leaf spring extensions ( whatever that part was called ) till I could wedge a chunk of 2 X 4 in there --

Great -- till I rebounded offa a good deep pot-hole & the wood came flying out --

Poor Man's Gasser?

shootbrownelk
09-05-2021, 06:22 PM
Poor Man's Gasser?

My late friend built an early Valiant 2 dr. ht. with a 70 dodge truck 440 & 727. I built the exhaust for it. That engine swap was a nightmare. He kept the stock anemic rear end. Sold it before he lunched the rear end. The new owner did just that soon after purchasing it.

stevekozak
09-05-2021, 07:22 PM
Damnit, don't give governor Mee-Maw any new ideas, that liberal bitch needs to go home and bake some damn cookies or some such nonsense.

Yeah, she seems like a true bitch. She needs to get that stick from out of her butt or maybe her wrinkly old twat.

Smitty901
09-05-2021, 07:28 PM
Why 3 times do it once and license gone. They have no place on public road.

Ricekila
09-05-2021, 09:03 PM
Poor Man's Gasser?

226 cid - slant 6 / with a 170 cid head / headman headers / plastic gear transmission ------- she was a screamer --- I had plans to get the 4 barrel intake for a Holly 550 ----- but went in the service --

About 2 years in -- I wrote my Pappy to sell it ----

For those following at home who never saw one ---- it looked like this ---- ugly ----- like me -- LOL

https://hosting.photobucket.com/albums/v667/RICEKILA/Crap%20cars/.highres/33ebee5d.jpg?width=180&height=180&fit=bounds (https://hosting.photobucket.com/albums/v667/RICEKILA/Crap%20cars/.highres/33ebee5d.jpg?width=180&height=180&fit=bounds)

But a 2 door --

Mad Trapper
09-05-2021, 10:22 PM
226 cid - slant 6 / with a 170 cid head / headman headers / plastic gear transmission ------- she was a screamer --- I had plans to get the 4 barrel intake for a Holly 550 ----- but went in the service --

About 2 years in -- I wrote my Pappy to sell it ----

For those following at home who never saw one ---- it looked like this ---- ugly ----- like me -- LOL

https://hosting.photobucket.com/albums/v667/RICEKILA/Crap%20cars/.highres/33ebee5d.jpg?width=180&height=180&fit=bounds (https://hosting.photobucket.com/albums/v667/RICEKILA/Crap%20cars/.highres/33ebee5d.jpg?width=180&height=180&fit=bounds)

But a 2 door --

I had some 60s Darts and Valiants. Those slant 6s were reliable as the day long. All mine had the 1-bbl Holley carbs. PITA to work on the distributors.

Ricekila
09-06-2021, 09:27 AM
I had some 60s Darts and Valiants. Those slant 6s were reliable as the day long. All mine had the 1-bbl Holley carbs. PITA to work on the distributors.

I had a buddy whos father built a 1961 Doge Lancer ( I had one also ) / straight front axle / Dayna-60 rear / reworked 727 TorqueFlite / Hurst kit small block Chevy engine mount kit ---- in a straight line on the street -- very - very fast -- I think he tipped it over getting off an off-ramp once -- LOL

Kusa
09-06-2021, 09:43 AM
How do you see what’s in front of you driving this? I’ve actually seen much worse than this driving around Goldsboro NC. The idiot driving it had to stick his head out the window to see. That’s right, he stuck his head out the window.
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210906/fe816670914d85b81c1c7b055c392e5e.jpg

stevekozak
09-06-2021, 10:57 AM
Is this an abundant fad? I have never seen anyone do this in my locale (or any other locale I have been in). Is this much ado about nothing?

Sparkyprep
09-06-2021, 03:57 PM
We call it "The Palatka Lean". LOL.

Smitty901
09-06-2021, 04:24 PM
I mostly agree with you but some of these things are so jacked up in the front that there is no way the driver can see properly.

Nor do they handle even close to normal on a public road. Same with picks jacked up higher than the hoods of most cars. Like every thing at first it is harmless then some jackass has to take it farther then the next am soon we have laws.
Motorcycles are the same way Silly sound systems that blare over 1/2 mile away. Pipes use to be about sound now it goes what are the Loudest pipes I can get.