PDA

View Full Version : What To Use When There’s No Toothpaste

hawgrider
01-29-2015, 10:14 AM
http://myheirloomseeds.com/images/miswak4.jpg

Dental Hygiene should be a part of our daily lives and even more important in a survival situation for many reasons. Having access to a Dentist may be a serious challenge in a survival or prepper scenario. How will you maintain oral hygiene when your toothpaste has been exhausted? What will be your alternative methods for brushing your teeth?
http://americanpreppersnetwork.com/2015/01/use-theres-no-toothpaste.html

MrsInor
01-29-2015, 10:22 AM
So twenty "natural" toothbrushes for fifteen bucks. I can get six to ten for a dollar at the dollar store. And can always use homemade toothpaste.

hawgrider
01-29-2015, 10:28 AM
So twenty "natural" toothbrushes for fifteen bucks. I can get six to ten for a dollar at the dollar store. And can always use homemade toothpaste.Agree.
But if you do find yourself up craps creek without a paddle now you know you can look for a toothbrush tree if you happen to be in Africa LMAO!

rjd25
01-29-2015, 03:42 PM
great news for people who live in africa who don't even have teeth to brush. Meanwhile in the real world, I have 100 tubes of toothpaste stockpiled.

Inor
01-29-2015, 04:32 PM
Agree.
But if you do find yourself up craps creek without a paddle now you know you can look for a toothbrush tree if you happen to be in Africa LMAO!

Then you go to Kenya because Kenyans have those much smaller than normal heads with the Brillo-pad hair. Try to find a Kenyan that does not have those big Dumbo ears like Obama though. Then just squeeze some homemade toothpaste on the top of their head and brush away! :biglaugh:

rice paddy daddy
01-29-2015, 09:41 PM
Baking soda makes excellent toothpaste.
Cheap, too.

Reptilicus
01-29-2015, 10:00 PM
Quess I'm fortunate to have full dentures!! No toothaches, no abcesses ? , and fairly easy to care for plus I don't need a mirror to see if they are clean!!! LOL

Arklatex
01-29-2015, 10:06 PM
Agree.
You can chew up a green willow twig and get the same thing. Just sayin.

hawgrider
01-30-2015, 05:21 AM
You can chew up a green willow twig and get the same thing. Just sayin.And get a touch of aspirin from the willow.

Montana Rancher
02-05-2015, 08:25 PM
Agree.

I agree with you, not specifically about the product but..

I really hate it when a person says, "look I can get it for cheap at the store" when the whole point is, there isn't going to be a store if we are talking about prepping.

The whole point of prepping is that our usual sources of product will not be available.