PDA

View Full Version : Best repair for broken tail light

bigwheel
09-23-2021, 06:56 PM
Actually its on the outside shield and is a fairly symmetrical hole about the size of a golf ball. Shows a little white light to the back is the only legal issue. Need to be all red in that area..lol. Seem to recall putting some kinda red tape over some back in the day but don't know what is best these days. Thanks. Its a fairly recently bought used car so Im still trying to make the salesman fix it lol.

red442joe
09-23-2021, 08:45 PM
Replace it?

Joe

SGG
09-23-2021, 09:50 PM
Lol yes^^^
If you bought the car with a broken tail light you should have made them fix it before you signed any papers. Otherwise unless it's a Cadillac surely it's less than $200

Can't wake the banned. :pirateflag:

Mad Trapper
09-24-2021, 05:10 AM
Do you have the chipped out piece? If not you'll need some material.

Any good junkyards nearby? Used might not be more $$$ than time and glue

I've fixed them with epoxy good as new. Last one I was backing out of driveway and got the mailbox..........had to fix that too..........

red442joe
09-24-2021, 05:22 AM
I just thought of something...if you can find a small piece of broken tail light, you can glue it over the hole.
Just an idea-I've been pulled over for "white light to the rear". It was just a pretext for a fishing expedition.

Joe

Mad Trapper
09-24-2021, 05:42 AM
I just thought of something...if you can find a small piece of broken tail light, you can glue it over the hole.
Just an idea-I've been pulled over for "white light to the rear". It was just a pretext for a fishing expedition.

Joe

Been at a few "fishing sessions". One time they wanted into the trunk. Car was an old beater and I'd just made a run to my friends junkyard for parts, trunk was full of greasy oily stuff, I made a stink so they would have lots of fun...... got a good laugh as the gestapo was covered in grease and I made them put all the parts back.

I don't hate cops, most all are decent, it's the bad ones that stink.

stevekozak
09-24-2021, 06:28 AM
Replace it?

Joe

Get out of here with your common sense!! This is a Fut Wuth boy we are talking about here. Doing the smart thing is not exactly in their wheelhouse.

Bigwheel, obviously you need to paint the lightbulb red. What are you waiting for? :redneck:

Mad Trapper
09-24-2021, 06:45 AM
Get out of here with your common sense!! This is a Fut Wuth boy we are talking about here. Doing the smart thing is not exactly in their wheelhouse.

Bigwheel, obviously you need to paint the lightbulb red. What are you waiting for? :redneck:

Red sharpie will help but you need to keep water out. Worse here with salted roads winter.

shootbrownelk
09-24-2021, 07:19 AM
Just buy an LED trailer light from Tractor supply and screw it to the top of the fender, drill a hole through the fender for the wiring and there you go....easy...peasy. Just go get a new taillight from Rock Auto and give the bill to the salesman for chrissakes.

red442joe
09-24-2021, 07:27 AM
Just buy an LED trailer light from Tractor supply and screw it to the top of the fender, drill a hole through the fender for the wiring and there you go....easy...peasy. Just go get a new taillight from Rock Auto and give the bill to the salesman for chrissakes.

JUST MISSED IT BY THAAAAT MUCH!
"Just buy an LED trailer light from Tractor supply" and screw just the LENS over the hole in the tail light!

Joe

Mad Trapper
09-24-2021, 07:34 AM

I've seen/done all kinds of cob jobs to get an inspection sticker.........

HS days a friend had out of date sticker, they were green in color that summer..........he cut a maple leaf into a square and made it 3 months......

bigwheel
09-24-2021, 10:08 PM
Thanks. One of my old pals suggested that and said it would probably be cheap since its 2019 year model. I will look into that angle.

bigwheel
09-24-2021, 10:16 PM
Hey been looking for you to report the last of the apples went into the apple wine today. Had about five pounds or so and they was ripe. Ran em through the food processor and loaded two batches in knee high hose along with a box of raisins and 10 pounds of sugar. Topped the bucket off with six or seven gallons of water and half a pack of champagne yeast. Expecting great things. That last batch is keeping me not needing much from the store. lol. Works good with the ho made ginger ale over ice.

bigwheel
09-24-2021, 10:22 PM
My dearly deceased DIL claimed he drove a year on a label off a Budweiser beer bottle stuck to the inside of the windshield back in the late 50s when Texas used the Red and White motiff on the stickers. Its a fund raiser. The amount of vehicle defects that can be attributed to fatal accidents is minuscule. The resources would be better expended to work hazardous moving violations and keep the democrats from shooting so many of each other in Dallas.

bigwheel
09-24-2021, 10:30 PM
As I was taught at an early age when a missing front License Plate resulted in recovering a truck load of stolen TV sets, "From tiny acorns do mighty Oaks grow." lol
Kindly absorb this info and report back for a pop Quiz on Tuesday. Thanks.
https://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/great-oaks-from-little-acorns-grow.html

bigwheel
09-24-2021, 10:37 PM
Well thanks to yall being no help on this deal. lol. Fortunately I have a pal who says he has the red sticky tape..I just learned today. The game plan is currently to get that and cut out two perfect circles and put one on each taillight at the same exact spot so it be symmetrical so to speak. Its should be distinctive so an old person can recognize what white yamazooki they are driving. They all look alike to us seasoned citizens in the Walmart Parking lot.

Mad Trapper
09-24-2021, 10:38 PM
Hey been looking for you to report the last of the apples went into the apple wine today. Had about five pounds or so and they was ripe. Ran em through the food processor and loaded two batches in knee high hose along with a box of raisins and 10 pounds of sugar. Topped the bucket off with six or seven gallons of water and half a pack of champagne yeast. Expecting great things. That last batch is keeping me not needing much from the store. lol. Works good with the ho made ginger ale over ice.

I haven't the cider working yet. I'll post on the other thread when I do.

bigwheel
09-24-2021, 11:08 PM
Wished folks would lose the quote function around here. It takes forever to track it down as to who is nagging about what. There has got to be some better software available to handle that problem. Who is the boss of this place? Thanks.