PDA

View Full Version : New batch of wine on yesterday.

bigwheel
09-25-2021, 04:52 PM
I tried to tell about in the wrong section so after the scolding I decided to tell about it over here. About five pounds of ripe apples ran through the food processor and stuffed into two ladies knee high stockings along with half a a box of raisins in each one.. ten pounds of sugar 8 or so gallons of water and slightly less than half a pack of champagne yeast. Checked it today and gave the goods a squeeze. The fermentation is going nuts. Last batch using sliced apples is pretty good and stout but this one is got to be the grand prize winner.

stevekozak
09-25-2021, 05:11 PM
I tried to tell about in the wrong section so after the scolding I decided to tell about it over here. About five pounds of ripe apples ran through the food processor and stuffed into two ladies knee high stockings along with half a a box of raisins in each one.. ten pounds of sugar 8 or so gallons of water and slightly less than half a pack of champagne yeast. Checked it today and gave the goods a squeeze. The fermentation is going nuts. Last batch using sliced apples is pretty good and stout but this one is got to be the grand prize winner.

Apple-jack!!

bigwheel
09-26-2021, 01:37 PM
Well the old blacksmith who taught how to make it said it was Cowboy Wine. In some of the ghetto sections of small towns in West Texas it would be called Chalk. Not sure why guess cause it can be sorta milky looking or something. Mine is clear as a bell except a little on the bottom lol. A picky person would probably siphon it off one more time.

Slippy
09-26-2021, 01:50 PM
Pics please!

bigwheel
09-26-2021, 03:24 PM
They dont let me post pics on here. Musta forgot to donate to the widders and orphans fund or something. lol.
PS..to bring yall up to speed this is the best apple Cowboy Wine/Chalk I ever had. Its in secondary ferment in half gallon vodka jugs settling out nicely and very bubbly. May have to apply for a patent.