PDA

View Full Version : Supply Chains Issues To Last Years - Feds To Take Over Ports

BucketBack
10-14-2021, 08:24 AM
Pete Buttgay said it would last years, now I'm looking into the Feds are going to take over the ports, that will make sure the issues will last.

Part of the great Reset of 2030

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/videos/2021-10-07/buttigieg-some-supply-chain-issues-may-last-years-and-years

https://www.westernjournal.com/workers-maintain-supply-chains-issue-bone-chilling-warning-every-american-needs-hear/

6.5 Creedmore on robot dog
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-10091493/Killer-bot-Terrifying-robot-dog-fitted-6-5mm-sniper-RIFLE-unveiled-Army-trade-show.html

KnuteFartne
10-14-2021, 09:29 AM
Seems all the pieces are falling into place for the Marxists.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Piratesailor
10-14-2021, 10:09 AM
All part of the plan and the great reset.

Chiefster23
10-14-2021, 03:10 PM
Today on Fox News, the talking heads suggested that the supply chain problem could be improved simply by sending the ships anchored on the west coast thru the Panama Canal to the east coast pits. Only one problem…… many of those ships are too big to go thru the canal locks. There are no easy answers to this problem and the feds taking over the ports sure as hell ain’t gonna solve it.

Sparkyprep
10-14-2021, 05:15 PM
History has shown us what happens when the government takes over ANYTHING. It becomes rife with waste and corruption. It becomes super-inefficient. It costs a LOT more, and above all else, it works a LOT less. Every. Single. Time.

Chiefster23
10-14-2021, 06:29 PM
Companies need to turn a profit to remain in business. They hire the best and brightest that they can find and afford. The government hires on ‘affirmative action’ and quotas. They hire shit employees. You get what you pay for. Don’t believe me? Try dealing with the IRS or SS sometime.

Sparkyprep
10-14-2021, 07:23 PM
Companies need to turn a profit to remain in business. They hire the best and brightest that they can find and afford. The government hires on ‘affirmative action’ and quotas. They hire shit employees. You get what you pay for. Don’t believe me? Try dealing with the IRS or SS sometime.

One acronym. TSA

1skrewsloose
10-14-2021, 09:02 PM
Today on Fox News, the talking heads suggested that the supply chain problem could be improved simply by sending the ships anchored on the west coast thru the Panama Canal to the east coast pits. Only one problem…… many of those ships are too big to go thru the canal locks. There are no easy answers to this problem and the feds taking over the ports sure as hell ain’t gonna solve it.

So what does this mean then? That they won't send the ones that will fit thru the canal? Half a loaf of bread is better than none.

Inor
10-14-2021, 09:11 PM
Yep, that's a real pisser...

It sure is lucky the United States is the fattest nation on earth. At least the unprepared can take to eating their fat kids... (They're not good for anything else.)

Chiefster23
10-15-2021, 03:33 AM
Ships designed for the China/West coast trade are too big to fit thru the Panama Canal. I don’t have hard numbers but I’ll bet the majority of liner ships in this trade are too big. Sailing around the tip of South America to the east coast adds days/weeks to the voyage. And canal transits cost a fortune. All these factors add up to rerouting west coast bound ships to Florida just isn’t cost effective. Can it be done….. sure! Will it happen? I doubt it very much.

Also, consider the trucking shortage. That is a nation wide problem. Same on both coasts.

Dwight55
10-15-2021, 07:56 AM
Ships designed for the China/West coast trade are too big to fit thru the Panama Canal. I don’t have hard numbers but I’ll bet the majority of liner ships in this trade are too big. Sailing around the tip of South America to the east coast adds days/weeks to the voyage. And canal transits cost a fortune. All these factors add up to rerouting west coast bound ships to Florida just isn’t cost effective. Can it be done….. sure! Will it happen? I doubt it very much.

Also, consider the trucking shortage. That is a nation wide problem. Same on both coasts.

I've heard a lot of rhetoric about this "trucking shortage" . . . but see no evidence of it.

What is the problem??? Trucks??? Trailers??? Drivers??? Support people???

May God bless,
Dwight

1skrewsloose
10-15-2021, 08:03 AM
I don't know what it is but read on a sight that it takes 75 days for product to get from LA to Chicago once the box is off the freighter. This was from a july 2021 piece.

Almost seems to me that 75 days is way too long to move stuff.

Chiefster23
10-15-2021, 08:59 AM
Supposed to be a bad shortage of drivers, but I have no direct knowledge of that. Norfolk Southern RR is having issues with defective container truck chassis they own. But I have no further details. 75 days sounds crazy long. But I can see boxes sitting in the ports waiting for available trucks to haul them inland. Then consider all the allowable driving time restrictions on the existing drivers. One driver I know complained that during the pandemic he couldn’t find a decent place to eat or get a shower when away from home. This same driver is saying that now due to labor shortages he is being delayed loading and unloading so it cuts down on the number of loads he can haul in a week.

Prepared One
10-15-2021, 09:26 AM
This is all part of the agenda. People will suffer and when they have had enough the government will ride to the rescue! We will make things right they say to the sheeple! And the sheeple will gladly and blindly go along. It's all a lie in order to gain more power and control.

Slippy
10-15-2021, 03:33 PM
I've heard a lot of rhetoric about this "trucking shortage" . . . but see no evidence of it.

What is the problem??? Trucks??? Trailers??? Drivers??? Support people???

May God bless,
Dwight

Pastor Dwight,

Yes, Yes, Yes and Yes...

Don't mean to be a smart alleck, but from what my transportation/logistics contacts are saying and experiencing, here is the problem;

Drivers; Nationwide we have a shortage of Commercially Licensed Drivers compared to the vast amount of freight demand. Drivers are also getting pickier about where they will deliver goods and which goods that they will haul on their trucks/trailers. Also, young people don't want to be a truck driver, they want to use their degree in Lesbian/European Studies to develop an App to make them the next Kajillionaire...all while hanging out in divorced mom's basement.

Equipment; Trailer manufacturers have all experienced increased prices of raw materials as well as some substantial down time due to unavailable labor. This is not getting better any time soon.

Trucks; Same thing, more difficult to keep trucks on the road, scarcity of new trucks and huge backlog to buy one as well as to maintain one. Most Heavy Equipment repair companies have trucks lined up waiting to get repaired.

Support People/Customer Service/Service Technicians/Freight Brokers etc are all in huge demand.

Freight has increased by almost 200% in some sectors. Building Materials is my area and finding Contract Carriers is a huge problem in the LBM sector.

SGG
10-15-2021, 07:31 PM
I spoke to my over-the-road truck driver neighbor a couple of weeks ago and he seemed to indicate the issue at that time was not drivers or the lack thereof, but that they can't get workers to unload their trucks, not enough, people out sick or quit or whatever. I'll try to catch him again about this when he comes back to town

Can't wake the banned. :pirateflag:

Inor
10-15-2021, 07:37 PM
I spoke to my over-the-road truck driver neighbor a couple of weeks ago and he seemed to indicate the issue at that time was not drivers or the lack thereof, but that they can't get workers to unload their trucks, not enough, people out sick or quit or whatever. I'll try to catch him again about this when he comes back to town

Also ask him if he is noticing payments coming slower.

I have been following what looks to me to be a trend with factoring companies (the companies that buy the invoices from the independent OTR truckers so the truckers get paid for their work faster). I have seen what seems like a LOT of factoring companies going bankrupt lately. I do not know that industry well enough to know if they going broke at an unusually high rate or if that is just normal for that industry. But it sure seems like a lot of them going down the last month or two.

Chiefster23
10-15-2021, 07:47 PM
Slightly related, my local Honda car dealer is so short of techs that routine oil changes are now being scheduled 3 to 4 weeks out. I’m sure that heavy truck mechanics are probably also in short supply. This is a perfect storm of logistics problems. And it’s only going to get worse once the firings start for non-vax compliance. This past week I even bought wiper blades in anticipation of them not being available in the near future.

Yesterday one tv talking head reported that his grocer told him aluminum foil would soon be scarce. Sure enough, today at Walmart aluminum foil was almost gone. I started a conversation with a lady shopper in that aisle about the shortages. We’re talking a 50 year old housewife. She produced an email memo from some group advising items that would soon be gone from the shelves. Even 50 years old non-prepper housewives are jumping on the bandwagon and monitoring websites to anticipate shortages. Maybe ordinary Americans are finally starting to wake up.

Still zero new cars in inventory at the dealerships around me. Late model used car inventory is way down too. I’m trying to figure out everything I might need in the next 12 months and buying it now. Everything! Right down to underwear and shoe laces!

Broncosfan
10-15-2021, 10:22 PM
Well we picked up my daughters new atv today. We haven't waited long to get it but I called around and found a dealer that had what we wanted coming it. It was in process so as soon as it shipped I put down a deposit. It took 8 days from the time it showed shipped to reach the dealer from the Honda factory in SC. I really don't know how many came it but everyone we seen had a sold tag before they hit the showroom floor. They had several side by sides ready to go and they had sold tags on them too. We have a very happy daughter tonight!

BucketBack
10-16-2021, 05:13 AM
It's really bad

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/288245/Picture1_jpg-2131889.JPG

Slippy
10-16-2021, 08:07 AM
Yesterday while driving home from visiting Son2, DIL and Grandbaby, I enlisted Mrs S to help me with an experiment involving popular automobiles; Toyota 4 Runner and Tacoma. We contacted several dealers in the metro Atlanta area who advertised 4 Runners and Tacoma's on their lots.

EACH dealer contacted told us the same story; Limited 4 Runners and Tacoma's arriving at dealership and the average length of stay was about 3-5 days before being sold. I asked several sales people if they were having the best commission year of their careers and most said NO. "Sales were easier to make but vehicles were harder to get, hence they were selling fewer vehicles".

About 4 dealers had vehicles on the lot and for fun I said I would buy them, and offered to provide my credit card to hold the vehicle. No one took me up on the offer and 3 of the dealers admitted that someone had bought the vehicle earlier that day. Each said they would take my order on a pre-sale but could not tell me a date of delivery or a package/cost.

One said she'd call me back and provide a PayPal link which she never did.

It helped us pass the time while sitting in traffic in one of the most FUBAR cities in the south.

#PhuckATL

Slightly related, my local Honda car dealer is so short of techs that routine oil changes are now being scheduled 3 to 4 weeks out. I’m sure that heavy truck mechanics are probably also in short supply. This is a perfect storm of logistics problems. And it’s only going to get worse once the firings start for non-vax compliance. This past week I even bought wiper blades in anticipation of them not being available in the near future.

Yesterday one tv talking head reported that his grocer told him aluminum foil would soon be scarce. Sure enough, today at Walmart aluminum foil was almost gone. I started a conversation with a lady shopper in that aisle about the shortages. We’re talking a 50 year old housewife. She produced an email memo from some group advising items that would soon be gone from the shelves. Even 50 years old non-prepper housewives are jumping on the bandwagon and monitoring websites to anticipate shortages. Maybe ordinary Americans are finally starting to wake up.

Still zero new cars in inventory at the dealerships around me. Late model used car inventory is way down too. I’m trying to figure out everything I might need in the next 12 months and buying it now. Everything! Right down to underwear and shoe laces!

Prepared One
10-16-2021, 11:07 AM
You better have your supplies up to snuff now. It's going to get much worse. I stopped at Wally World yesterday and the chip isle looked like it would the day a hurricane comes in. They had limited supplies of lunch meats, eggs, and TP. I found shock and Chlorine tabs for the pool but it was double the price. I filled up with gas and it was over 50 bucks for the first time in a long time. We had an AR meeting last week and we had an unusually high amount of customers in the past 90 days column. Buckle up fellers, it's going to be a bumpy ride.

BucketBack
10-16-2021, 12:58 PM
I have an empty freezer in the pole barn. During the the last 4 outages, the old timer screw in fuse blew, and even though the genny was running the juice wasn't getting to the barn, even though it was plugged in , inside the barn.

I was waiting for some fish and game, or colder weather before restocking, that has become a sooner rather than later issue.

My TBlazer needs at least a bearing in the front drive system, so I'm not driving into town for food. The stuff may spoil waiting for a tow if it breaks down.

The bearing are only 1 year old. Local places put both in, except one used a generic, and Matzens used a Timken,

He said that the cheap one would fail in about a year or 10K miles.

It's been 15 months and 9K miles. He also doesn't work Fridays and I don't want a cheap charlie bearing installed again.
I'll limp to the repair shop 5 miles away Monday morning.
I'm just bumming. MSU is down 9-7 against Indiana

hawgrider
10-16-2021, 02:59 PM
I have an empty freezer in the pole barn. During the the last 4 outages, the old timer screw in fuse blew, and even though the genny was running the juice wasn't getting to the barn, even though it was plugged in , inside the barn.

I was waiting for some fish and game, or colder weather before restocking, that has become a sooner rather than later issue.

My TBlazer needs at least a bearing in the front drive system, so I'm not driving into town for food. The stuff may spoil waiting for a tow if it breaks down.

The bearing are only 1 year old. Local places put both in, except one used a generic, and Matzens used a Timken,

It's been 15 months and 9K miles. He also doesn't work Fridays and I don't want a cheap charlie bearing installed again.

Well that sucks eh!

SOCOM42
10-16-2021, 03:30 PM
So what does this mean then? That they won't send the ones that will fit thru the canal? Half a loaf of bread is better than none.

The new canal locks are 180 feet wide and 1,400 feet long, still,

even at that size only 80% of the ships can pass through.

The only option for them is the straits of Magellan or South Africa.

To solve much of this problem is to make the shit here or do without.

Slippy
10-16-2021, 07:15 PM
FUBAR!

The whole thing is FUBAR

BucketBack
10-18-2021, 07:38 AM
The U.S. transportation secretary on Sunday warned that America's supply chain woes including clogged ports will drag into next year, potentially cramping the upcoming holiday shopping season in the world's largest economy.

https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/biden-supply-chain-woes/2021/10/17/id/1040820/?ns_mail_uid=545d3abc-6c1c-4b70-b47d-520ca6978f05&ns_mail_job=DM266293_10172021&s=acs&dkt_nbr=0105020yz4qx

Smitty901
10-18-2021, 08:28 AM
And Transportation Secretary Pete Buttigieg, will do all he can to ensure it last a long as possible. The agenda of bring America will be followed.

shootbrownelk
10-18-2021, 08:40 AM
I noticed a lot of empty shelves at WallyWorld this morning. TP, paper towels mostly gone. Not much in the snacks aisles either. Lunch meat. eggs, bread etc. spread pretty thin to look like there was more there. Pretty sad. Funny thing, no such supply chain problems under Trump, and gasoline wasn't $4.00 a gallon either.

Sarge7402
10-18-2021, 10:19 AM

With the expansion of the locks that finished in 2016 the canal is 55 Meters wide. should be no problem for the ships

SOCOM42
10-18-2021, 11:10 AM
With the expansion of the locks that finished in 2016 the canal is 55 Meters wide. should be no problem for the ships

They say only 80% can pass through the new locks.

That means NOTHING! Those too large can act as shuttles between China and California.

Tell me that the chinks or too stupid not to know how to manage shipping, I doubt that all the way.

That statement sounds like a deflecting one to hide stupidity or part of plotting here in THIS country,

they are fukking us good here.

Piratesailor
10-18-2021, 01:43 PM
Pastor Dwight,

Yes, Yes, Yes and Yes...

Don't mean to be a smart alleck, but from what my transportation/logistics contacts are saying and experiencing, here is the problem;

Drivers; Nationwide we have a shortage of Commercially Licensed Drivers compared to the vast amount of freight demand. Drivers are also getting pickier about where they will deliver goods and which goods that they will haul on their trucks/trailers. Also, young people don't want to be a truck driver, they want to use their degree in Lesbian/European Studies to develop an App to make them the next Kajillionaire...all while hanging out in divorced mom's basement.

Equipment; Trailer manufacturers have all experienced increased prices of raw materials as well as some substantial down time due to unavailable labor. This is not getting better any time soon.

Trucks; Same thing, more difficult to keep trucks on the road, scarcity of new trucks and huge backlog to buy one as well as to maintain one. Most Heavy Equipment repair companies have trucks lined up waiting to get repaired.

Support People/Customer Service/Service Technicians/Freight Brokers etc are all in huge demand.

Freight has increased by almost 200% in some sectors. Building Materials is my area and finding Contract Carriers is a huge problem in the LBM sector.

I read an article the other day that interviewed the CEO of the large trucking company. He said they can’t find drivers. He has to compete against the government paying people to stay home.

Jester-ND
10-18-2021, 02:26 PM

is it a whole hub assembly? because those are honestly fairly easy to change yourself, assuming it isn't rusted on too hard.

BucketBack
10-19-2021, 05:30 AM
A special tool is needed, it's only $60 in labor, at least last Rocktober it was.

He was busy yesterday, so I'm off at 8 to skate my way there this morning.

I called his parts plus place to confirm they had all the parts that may be needed in stock.

T-Man 1066
10-19-2021, 07:37 AM
And Transportation Secretary Pete Buttigieg, will do all he can to ensure it last a long as possible. The agenda of bring America will be followed.

Buttijeg knows plenty about things stuck in a canal... :supergay:

shootbrownelk
10-19-2021, 08:42 AM
Butt-peg took TWO months of paternity leave to care for an adopted rug rat? And this so called "Transportation Secretary" took this leave of his post when the country is having a supply chain crash? I'd give the SOB a permanent leave of his job. When asked about it by reporters he tried to spin a tale of success by the Biden administration for creating a booming economy. What a worthless loser Pete Butt-plug is.

Jester-ND
10-19-2021, 02:26 PM
A special tool is needed, it's only $60 in labor, at least last Rocktober it was.

He was busy yesterday, so I'm off at 8 to skate my way there this morning.

I called his parts plus place to confirm they had all the parts that may be needed in stock.

to remove a hub assembly? couple of wrenches to remove caliper, big socket to remove the spindle nut.. and pull... have had to use a torch and sledge on an equinox that was especially stuck.. c-clamp to compress calipers for replacement (unless they are the twist-in type) and boom! robert's your mother's brother!

SOCOM42
10-19-2021, 02:43 PM
to remove a hub assembly? couple of wrenches to remove caliper, big socket to remove the spindle nut.. and pull... have had to use a torch and sledge on an equinox that was especially stuck.. c-clamp to compress calipers for replacement (unless they are the twist-in type) and boom! robert's your mother's brother!

Yesterday and the preceding three days I pulled the caliper and rotor from one Jeep.

Work only 2-4 hours at a time each day.

Was a bitch of a job, caliper bracket bolt heads were rotted beyond use.

Took a gas cutting torch to remove the heads and a right angle grinder to take them down to the bracket.

Just grinding them took two hours for me to do.

A 10 pound sledge took care of getting the rotor off, the caliper came right off without much fuss.

Put in new rotor and caliper with the pads, oh yeah new bolts also @ $2.50 each.

Was going to rebuild the caliper but did not want to deal with the shit to get the pistons out of it.

So now I have all those parts in storage for the next time, if it ever comes for me.

BucketBack
10-19-2021, 03:19 PM
Turns out the Timken bearing was bad, so it cost me $60 cash for the replacement as it was under warranty

It would have cost me $200 for a new assembly

SOCOM42
10-19-2021, 05:22 PM
I had a thought, yes, I do think at times.

What if all those IC chips that chinkland supplies for the automotive industry,

could shut down or self destruct from an external command??

How many military trucks, SP guns, AFV's and tanks have them?

The Pentagon did not want chink drones for fear that they could send data to the FKN commies.

But Joe Bitme chose the chink drones, FKN AHOLE!

BucketBack
10-19-2021, 05:32 PM
I've been thinking that for years

Piratesailor
10-19-2021, 06:50 PM
I had a thought, yes, I do think at times.

What if all those IC chips that chinkland supplies for the automotive industry,

could shut down or self destruct from an external command??

How many military trucks, SP guns, AFV's and tanks have them?

The Pentagon did not want chink drones for fear that they could send data to the FKN commies.

But Joe Bitme chose the chink drones, FKN AHOLE!

Interesting and possible.

There was a sci-fi book out a few years ago where a company developed a chip that would detect all type of diseases and virus before you were really sick and monitor your wellness. All the government of the world mandated the chip be implanted in everyone. And almost every did it.

But the Chinese.. there was literally a kill switch in the chip and it killed everyone.. except the Chinese.

Jester-ND
10-19-2021, 08:47 PM
Yesterday and the preceding three days I pulled the caliper and rotor from one Jeep.

Work only 2-4 hours at a time each day.

Was a bitch of a job, caliper bracket bolt heads were rotted beyond use.

Took a gas cutting torch to remove the heads and a right angle grinder to take them down to the bracket.

Just grinding them took two hours for me to do.

A 10 pound sledge took care of getting the rotor off, the caliper came right off without much fuss.

Put in new rotor and caliper with the pads, oh yeah new bolts also @ $2.50 each.

Was going to rebuild the caliper but did not want to deal with the shit to get the pistons out of it.

So now I have all those parts in storage for the next time, if it ever comes for me.

I thankfully live where they don't salt the roads in the winter.....

BucketBack
10-20-2021, 05:03 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=331kyZ9OXMc

I have to touch up the bottom of the door inners and outers each fall. Which is now.

Found tires for it also . $716 mounted and balanced for 4 - 235 - 75 x 16 Mastercraft Courser AXT2's.

Cheaper at Walmart, but this is local, and will be the 5th set of tires I've bought from that building

Prepared One
10-20-2021, 06:03 AM
I am on the road this week and watching fox news early this morning and they are now saying 100 ships are off the coast of California waiting on getting into port. I am seeing more and more shortages and when you can find what you are looking for it's twice what it used to cost. Gas and heating oil costs are going up and I could see where there would be shortages in that market as well.

I always said when people can't get their new fangled TV's and Phones, when they can't buy their kids that new politically correct G.I. Joanne on Christmas, when they start going hungry, when they start running out of fuel and household supplies, that's when things will kick off.

The Government is itching to take over the ports and commerce, and all I am hearing out of Washington are socialist talking points. They want to swoop in order to fix a problem they created in order to gain more power. They just need the sheeple to squeal a bit more so that they will willingly and anxiously welcome the government in to save them. Of course the government will be more then happy to save them, at the expense of their constitutional rights, freedoms, money, and privacy.

Get what you need and top off what you have, I see more trouble coming.

BucketBack
10-20-2021, 06:20 AM
That's why I ordered my Tires local. If I have time, I can get them installed today after 10 am when they arrive at the shop from the warehouse.

Walmart had my tires in stock, the OOS, then in stock. My summer tires never got put on this year and they have about 65 % tread, and are on rims.

Prepared One
10-20-2021, 06:45 AM
That's why I ordered my Tires local. If I have time, I can get them installed today after 10 am when they arrive at the shop from the warehouse.

Walmart had my tires in stock, the OOS, then in stock. My summer tires never got put on this year and they have about 65 % tread, and are on rims.

I could see tires becoming a supply problem as well, although, I have not heard anything on that yet.

BucketBack
10-20-2021, 07:00 AM
I ran the old ATX's for 2 summers, and 5 winters, tread was getting low, and it's supposed to snow soon.

BucketBack
10-20-2021, 07:30 AM
Washington Post Op-Ed: Don’t ‘Whine’ About Supply Chain Shortages, Empty Shelves

As dozens of cargo ships coming from Asia remain stranded off the coast of California, social media users have been posting images of empty store shelves and expressing frustration that they are unable to make formerly routine purchases. However, Micheline Maynard — an author and contributing columnist for The Washington Post — told readers to not complain about the phenomenon.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/washington-post-op-ed-dont-whine-about-supply-chain-shortages-empty-shelves

BucketBack
10-20-2021, 07:36 AM
Yahoo News
Buttigieg faces test as supply chains falter
Brittany Shepherd
Brittany Shepherd·White House Correspondent
Wed, October 13, 2021, 4:49 PM·5 min read
In this article:

Explore the topics mentioned in this article

WASHINGTON — As the White House struggles to repair the nation’s broken supply chains ahead of the holiday shopping rush, Transportation Secretary Pete Buttigieg is facing his first major test as a Cabinet secretary.

On Wednesday, President Biden announced a plan to ease supply chain bottlenecks by keeping the Port of Los Angeles, which accounts for nearly half of all shipping containers entering the U.S., operational 24 hours a day,
https://www.yahoo.com/news/buttigieg-faces-test-as-supply-chains-falter-204944182.html

Piratesailor
10-20-2021, 08:55 AM
I am on the road this week and watching fox news early this morning and they are now saying 100 ships are off the coast of California waiting on getting into port. I am seeing more and more shortages and when you can find what you are looking for it's twice what it used to cost. Gas and heating oil costs are going up and I could see where there would be shortages in that market as well.

I always said when people can't get their new fangled TV's and Phones, when they can't buy their kids that new politically correct G.I. Joanne for their kids on Christmas, when they start going hungry, when they start running out of fuel and household supplies, that's when things will kick off.

The Government is itching to take over the ports and commerce, and all I am hearing out of Washington are socialist talking points. They want to swoop in order to fix a problem they created in order to gain more power. They just need the sheeple to squeal a bit more so that they will willingly and anxiously welcome the government in to save them. Of course the government will be more then happy to save them, at the expense of their constitutional rights, freedoms, money, and privacy.

Get what you need and top off what you have, I see more trouble coming.

We’re from the government and we’re here to help.

They created the situation.

Piratesailor
10-20-2021, 08:58 AM
Folks… I usually.. usually.. don’t have on the tin foil hat but this time… I’m wearing a tin foil body suit.

This is all part of the plan.

Think not? Read the UN Agenda 2030. Read the book by Klaus Schwab on covid and the great reset (although I hate to give him any revenue from a book sale).

It is definitely tied together along with national debt.

5-10 years. That’s it. Even if the republican/rino’s win in 2022 and trump in 2024, it will only delay the inevitable

Coastie dad
10-20-2021, 11:22 AM
There it is. The government is willing to step in and take shipping out of private hands for your convenience.

Chiefster23
10-20-2021, 01:54 PM
Bought some steel wire mats for reinforcing concrete pads and sidewalks. $11 each this spring. Today $16 each. Almost 50% increase. Thank you Joe Biden!

Prepared One
10-20-2021, 04:38 PM
I have always said Trump was a stop gap measure at best. Will he run in 24? Maybe. Will he win? Debatable, will it matter? No. I think what ever the socialists have planned it is already in the works and will happen before 2024. They are pushing the agenda hard as hell and consolidating power. Short of a huge push back by "We the People" I don't see the final outcome as anything but a done deal.

SOCOM42
10-20-2021, 09:35 PM
Well today we went shopping at Wally World and BJ's.

No toilet paper or paper towels at the club, the gas was $3.15 a gallon without the club discount,

up $.50 in a week!

Wally was no better for most items, but we did get what we went for.

Wally finally got gallon jugs of water on the shelves after 6 weeks of being empty.

I only buy the distilled water for storage, got none today though.

Inor
10-20-2021, 11:02 PM
I have always said Trump was a stop gap measure at best. Will he run in 24? Maybe. Will he win? Debatable, will it matter? No. I think what ever the socialists have planned it is already in the works and will happen before 2024. They are pushing the agenda hard as hell and consolidating power. Short of a huge push back by "We the People" I don't see the final outcome as anything but a done deal.

Trump was nothing but a middle finger to all establishment pols. Maybe that was necessary, but it did not change anything or really even slow it down. But I have beat that dog to death too many times already.

As fast as things are falling apart now, I doubt we will make it to 2024, at least as a single country. Hopefully I am wrong, but...

The reality of that hit me this morning when I read an editorial in the Washington Compost and the writer was basically talking about how great it is to have all the shortages. She was trying to equate the shortages with how prosperous the country is, just as the administration did last week. It hit me that the reason the libs and the administration are using that line is because they are out of ideas on how to fix the problem. They are completely stumped so they are just trying to spin the narrative to keep things together a little longer. It will not work...

Chiefster23
10-21-2021, 05:05 AM
I’ve traveled the world extensively and seen shortages in many countries. Shortages of basic necessities. I’ve seen folks lined up waiting to buy small quantities of hard-to-get items. Looks like Americans are about to get a dose of this medicine. I don’t think the liberal social justice warriors are going to like this much when things really get serious. I’m going to be laughing my ass off!

Prepared One
10-21-2021, 05:32 AM
Trump was nothing but a middle finger to all establishment pols. Maybe that was necessary, but it did not change anything or really even slow it down. But I have beat that dog to death too many times already.

As fast as things are falling apart now, I doubt we will make it to 2024, at least as a single country. Hopefully I am wrong, but...

The reality of that hit me this morning when I read an editorial in the Washington Compost and the writer was basically talking about how great it is to have all the shortages. She was trying to equate the shortages with how prosperous the country is, just as the administration did last week. It hit me that the reason the libs and the administration are using that line is because they are out of ideas on how to fix the problem. They are completely stumped so they are just trying to spin the narrative to keep things together a little longer. It will not work...

They make it sound as if you are not patriotic if you don't accept some of the shortages and high cost, almost as if we were at war and it was a worthy cause. They are still pining this on the China Bug for Pete's sake, not the Obama cartels policies. ( This is NOT a Biden administration ) The sheep. will of course buy into it for the short term, but by the time they come to realize that perhaps, just perhaps, they have been hoodwinked, it will be too late. I am looking for things to really start happening around Christmas. The propagandists are already priming us for it.

1skrewsloose
10-21-2021, 06:33 AM
Both of these stories have been in the news, how is it they seemed to have it figured out how to get the jab to 28 million kids that don't need it but can't get food to school kids in Alabama?

Sorry if this seems a bit off topic, still goes to supply issues.

red442joe
10-21-2021, 06:53 AM
I contend that the jab is no vax, possibly an antidote, quite likely the delivery of some kind of marker.

Joe

Smitty901
10-21-2021, 07:09 AM

Not any more . The hire the PC . In many cases they get cancel the best .

BucketBack
10-21-2021, 07:10 AM
https://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2021/10/18/cargo-ship-bottleneck-port-la-long-beach/

As backlogged cargo ships work their way through Los Angeles area ports operating around the clock to ease supply chain disruptions, KCBS-TV reported that shipping containers are being dumped in port neighborhoods once they're emptied because there's no space to store them anymore

https://www.theblaze.com/news/backlogged-shipping-containers-dumped-in-port-neighborhoods?utm_source=theblaze-7DayTrendingTest&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=The%20Blaze%20PM%20Trending%202021-10-20&utm_term=ACTIVE%20LIST%20-%207%20Day%20Engagement

BucketBack
10-21-2021, 07:13 AM
House Republicans are calling on President Joe Biden to prioritize the ''supply chain crisis'' over the legislative push on the $1.2 trillion infrastructure spending and $3.5 trillion budget reconciliation plans.
We request that you stop the litany of harmful regulatory actions that are driving up energy costs and to stop attacking the American businesses with vaccine mandates, taxation and government handouts that are disincentivizing work,'' Rep. Sam Graves, R-Mo., ranking member of the House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee, wrote in a letter to Biden, Fox News reported.

https://www.newsmax.com/politics/gop-supplychain-spending-inflation/2021/10/20/id/1041356/?ns_mail_uid=545d3abc-6c1c-4b70-b47d-520ca6978f05&ns_mail_job=DM266599_10212021&s=acs&dkt_nbr=010504urhfdu

BucketBack
10-21-2021, 07:21 AM
Reporter: It was clear in March 2020, that the supply chains across the world had been disrupted. Even as the work to fight back against COVID proceeded, it was crystal clear that things were not improving on the supply chain. People couldn't get dishwashers and furniture and treadmills delivered on time, not to mention all sorts of other things.

Psaki: The tragedy of the treadmill that's delayed.

https://www.theblaze.com/shows/pat-gray-unleashed/jen-psaki-mocks-reporter-over-supply-chain-crisis?rebelltitem=1#rebelltitem1

BucketBack
10-30-2021, 04:55 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6uPDx-w_8Qg&t=98s

BucketBack
10-30-2021, 04:56 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TiC8pig6PGE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAD6Obi7Cag

BucketBack
10-30-2021, 05:10 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZ7tQHZZctc&t=10s

BucketBack
10-30-2021, 05:12 AM
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/19953/Container_with_Refrigerators_png-2148201.JPG

BucketBack
10-30-2021, 05:13 AM
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/2902/black_friday_2021_png-2148235.JPG

BucketBack
10-30-2021, 05:15 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYcpZJVmXvU&t=19s

shootbrownelk
10-30-2021, 07:23 AM

Not to worry, Peter Eater Butt-Gigg the Transportation secretary is on top of it.....not our shipping problem but on top of his husband and life partner. He's on Paternity leave and is taking advantage of all the free time.

StratBastard
10-31-2021, 04:26 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FeTuGnHpSig

BucketBack
10-31-2021, 04:33 AM
I saw that yesterday in the YT sidebar, but I didn't click on it.

Inor
11-05-2021, 07:32 PM
Our foray into raising egg chickens seems to be going well and our plan was to get the whole chicken raising process figured out with 10 egg chickens, then order some meat chickens for next year. So I thought it would be good to get some meat chickens on order.

After doing quite a bit of research, we decided to order the Freedom Ranger breed for meat chickens. I have looked at 3 different hatcheries and only one even has them. The others do not even offer a listing for when they will be taking orders for next year. (That is really unusual as all the other chickens can be ordered now for delivery next spring.). The one hatchery that does have them appears to ship them 12 months per year. So I think I am going to wait until about Christmas to place the order for delivery in February or March. But this whole thing makes me a bit nervous as I am starting to wonder if there is going to be a shortage of live chickens as well as the ones at the grocery store.

Regardless, when I do order them, I think I will order a few more than we originally planned. It will be more work but we have the space for them and I would rather have too many than too few.

StratBastard
11-05-2021, 10:34 PM
Regardless, when I do order them, I think I will order a few more than we originally planned. It will be more work but we have the space for them and I would rather have too many than too few.

Very wise. From my experiences, I can almost guarantee some of them will end up on some critter's plate and not yours.

hawgrider
11-06-2021, 06:22 AM
Our foray into raising egg chickens seems to be going well and our plan was to get the whole chicken raising process figured out with 10 egg chickens, then order some meat chickens for next year. So I thought it would be good to get some meat chickens on order.

After doing quite a bit of research, we decided to order the Freedom Ranger breed for meat chickens. I have looked at 3 different hatcheries and only one even has them. The others do not even offer a listing for when they will be taking orders for next year. (That is really unusual as all the other chickens can be ordered now for delivery next spring.). The one hatchery that does have them appears to ship them 12 months per year. So I think I am going to wait until about Christmas to place the order for delivery in February or March. But this whole thing makes me a bit nervous as I am starting to wonder if there is going to be a shortage of live chickens as well as the ones at the grocery store.

Meatchicken's are quick and easy 6 to 8 weeks or so to from chick to butcher.

MountainGirl
11-06-2021, 09:27 AM

Huh. I've never done chickens, but 2 months seems fast.

hawgrider
11-06-2021, 10:11 AM

They grow so quick and do nothing but eat and shit. Pen them and they get so fat they can't hardly stand. Keeps them tender if they can't run around.
Some breeds may need 10 + weeks depends what breed you get.

SOCOM42
11-06-2021, 01:19 PM
They grow so quick and do nothing but eat and shit. Pen them and they get so fat they can't hardly stand. Keeps them tender if they can't run around.

I don't remember how long it was for them to get to adult stage, but it was not long.

Had to keep different ages isolated from each other, and they do get fat being caged in.

Grandparents had about 150 chicks in each batch IRRC, there were four batches at any time.

They were replacements for the non productive layers or just dead ones.

They kept 5,000 layers at any one time for egg production,

they went to I think 8,000 or 9,000 during the war.

The government even took the tons of shit they produced for some product, but that was before my time.

I use to have to load it into the spreader and drag it around when I was there.

I can tell you, we had chicken all the time for meals including the eggs, they also ate well during the war.

Grandparents traded the eggs and chickens to other farmers for whatever they grew,

this went on before, during and after the war.

They even had six cows for milk, I learned to milk them by hand and with the machine,

there was room for another dozen cows,

I could not get the cans up and into the cooler, was too short and weak.

About a year ago I went to where the farm was, I had not been there in the over 50 years prior.

looked from the hill where the house was down into the valley that held the chickens.

Atop was just a hole where one barn and house was,

the valley was covered with hundreds of saltboxes where the coops use to be, all in nice little rows.

The house when it existed was heated and cooked with wood,

and had a pitcher pump ahead of the kitchen sink,

also one Edison bulb hanging from a wire and socket and a bunch of oil lamps.

There was also an outhouse with two holes,

plus there was even a real sauna which I used with my parents and grandparents,

they rolled in the snow during the winter, not me!

I have no idea of what happened to the farm, or who got the place, I don't care either,

but that land today would be worth millions.

hawgrider
11-06-2021, 01:25 PM
Here ya go-

Broilers or fryers: birds slaughtered at 7 to 9 weeks of age when they weigh 3 to 5 pounds and dress a 2 ½ to 4-pound carcass
Cornish game hen: birds slaughtered at 5 weeks of age
Roasters: birds grown out to 12 weeks or longer
https://extension.umn.edu/small-scale-poultry/raising-chickens-meat

Inor
11-06-2021, 09:04 PM

The breeder is saying 3 months to butcher on the Freedom Rangers. But the white ones that are ready in 8 weeks (I cannot recall what they are named) are the ones they sell at the grocery stores and they apparently have some health issues and they have some kind of fat that is not good for some reason.

Sarge7402
11-07-2021, 12:00 PM
If you think things are bad right now, just wait until the VAX deadline comes and goes and with it thousands of first responders, military, truckers, medical workers and folks from major companies like American Airlines Southwest and P&G. Think store shelves are empty now, wait til the first part of January.

LivoniaDan
11-07-2021, 03:49 PM

From the guy that did "SuperSize Me"
He decided to "open" his own Chicken Franchise with Truthful Advertising..
Six weeks born to plate. Some grew so fast that they had heart attacks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSyicDf9UvI

TJC44
11-27-2021, 10:33 AM
Has anyone else heard of a shortage of Christmas trees???

Several Fire Depts in my area do Christmas tree sales as an annual fundraiser. I have heard of 3 depts. so far that have had to cancel their fundraiser because they could not get trees.

I don't get this. It's not like they are shipped from China & are stuck on a container ship. I believe 2 of them use a supplier in VT, 2 states away.
Why would they NOT be available? :thinking:

Inor
11-27-2021, 10:38 AM

Several Fire Depts in my area do Christmas tree sales as an annual fundraiser. I have heard of 3 depts. so far that have had to cancel their fundraiser because they could not get trees.

I don't get this. It's not like they are shipped from China & are stuck on a container ship. I believe 2 of them use a supplier in VT, 2 states away.

In AZ there is always a shortage of pine trees in general. We have not had a real tree since we left MN. Last year, I did see them for sale in Tucson but they were insanely expensive - $200+. I may just put solar lights on the chickens this year.

Sparkyprep
11-29-2021, 07:50 PM

Not to mention that the trees you are buying this year were planted 8-10 years ago, so don't hand me any crap a bout COVID doing it.

StratBastard
01-17-2022, 07:06 PM

Sasquatch
01-17-2022, 07:14 PM
Buttigieg's father Joseph Buttigieg is a follower of Gramsci and a founder of the Gramsci society. Petey boy is also a member. If you want to go into a rabbit hole research this stuff. These Marxists have been planning all of this for a very long time.

The IGS is a non-profit organization whose aim is to facilitate the communication and exchange of information among the very large number of individuals from around the world who are interested in the life and work of Antonio Gramsci (1891-1937), the Italian socialist, political theorist, and activist.

http://www.internationalgramscisociety.org/

Box of frogs
01-17-2022, 07:14 PM
But the white ones that are ready in 8 weeks (I cannot recall what they are named) are the ones they sell at the grocery stores and they apparently have some health issues and they have some kind of fat that is not good for some reason.

Cornish Rocks

TJC44
01-24-2022, 04:32 PM
Hmm, seems that his thread took a couple of turns. Oh, well, Welcome to OTP.

Back to the original subject of supply chains, I had an interesting conversation at work today.
It turns out that one (or more) of the microprocessor chips used on the product I work on is on back-order.
Now with what we have in house, I have about 9-10 months worth of work. There are none of these IC's left in the stock room to build into PCB's
They are back ordered for 72 WEEKS!

Rut, Roh, George!

BucketBack
02-07-2022, 02:57 AM
Sunday, Feb 06, 2022 - 03:30 PM

Ford Motor Co. tumbled into a bear market after a fourth-quarter profit and sales missed Wall Street expectations. Chief Executive Jim Farley warned of "persistent supply-chain disruptions" limiting its ability to meet strong demand.

Reuters reports the Detroit automaker will shutter eight factories in the US, Mexico, and Canada, beginning on Monday as it copes with chip shortages.

Production at factories in Michigan, Chicago and in Cuautitlan, Mexico will be suspended. In Kansas City, production of its F-150 pickup trucks will be idled while one shift will run for production of its Transit vans.

The Detroit automaker will also run a single shift or a reduced schedule at its factories in Dearborn, Kentucky, and Louisville while removing overtime at its Oakville factory in Canada.

All changes will be in place for the week beginning Feb. 7. -Reuters

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/ford-shutters-8-factories-due-persistent-supply-chain-disruptions

Sparkyprep
02-07-2022, 08:00 PM
I just got my home's back-up generator out of the shop for warranty repairs today. I've been waiting on parts since AUGUST.

Big Ken
02-07-2022, 09:09 PM
Why hasn't a U.S. company started building these chips? great opportunity wasted!

BucketBack
02-08-2022, 12:20 AM
It takes a couple years to build the factory and a few years to make the chips.

Apple supplier TSMC to build a $12 billion chip factory in the U.S.
Published Thu, May 14 202010:21 PM EDTUpdated Fri, May 15 202010:59 AM EDT

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/05/15/tsmc-to-build-us-chip-factory.html
Intel is spending $20 billion to build two new chip plants in Arizona
Published Tue, Mar 23 20214:59 PM EDTUpdated Wed, Mar 24 20217:38 AM EDT

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/03/23/intel-is-spending-20-billion-to-build-two-new-chip-plants-in-arizona.html

Prepared One
02-08-2022, 04:28 AM
We have been having what I like to call "State of the Union" discussions with our manufacturers this past month. That's where they come in and tell us about new products, (That they can't deliver) and how much of it they want us to sell, among other house keeping discussions. Every one of them has told us to expect multiple cost increases throughout the coming year and extended lead times, particularly anything having to do with controls and VFD's.

MG and I bought an upright freezer two weeks ago, one of the last ones on the floor, so we could hedge against inflation and supply issues. We went to Wally World last week to stock up and we noted the various shelves being empty. Although paying way to much for it, for the most part we can get what we need for now, but I don't anticipate that lasting. Stock up on what you need now.

BucketBack
02-08-2022, 07:54 AM
I just sold a cube fridge for $10, I paid $5 for it, so I made $5 and received pleasure for delivering it

TJC44
02-08-2022, 04:29 PM
Switch IC's or memory chips can probably still be found easy enough. It is the custom IC's for specific applications that are becoming scarce. IC's are "printed" from a mask, which itself may be proprietory. And then there is programming the IC. So if the mask or the programming isn't available in the U.S., that application is SOL. Yes, you can redesign the application to use a US source, however that redesign, may take 6-12 months (or more), and cost Tens of Thousands of dollars.

Sparkyprep
02-08-2022, 06:09 PM
Why hasn't a U.S. company started building these chips? great opportunity wasted!

The better question is- Why haven't we ALWAYS made these things in the U.S.? Yes, it might cost a little more, but hopefully this has exposed our weaknesses as a nation, and people will learn from it. When you put your nation's infrastructure and economy in the hands of "globalists" and communist regimes, it makes you WEAK.

Prepared One
02-08-2022, 10:03 PM
The better question is- Why haven't we ALWAYS made these things in the U.S.? Yes, it might cost a little more, but hopefully this has exposed our weaknesses as a nation, and people will learn from it. When you put your nation's infrastructure and economy in the hands of "globalists" and communist regimes, it makes you WEAK.

Hitler was right, people are stupid and have short memories. I don't have a lot of confidence in the sheep's ability to learn much of anything beyond what the talking bobble head on TV tells them.

SOCOM42
02-08-2022, 10:34 PM
There was a company in Worcester Ma. that made IC chips, it was Sprague Electric.

They made custom chips for assorted customers, and did it by the 10s of thousands.

A friend was chief engineer for them, got to tour the plant several times, day and night.

The best part was that I got to use their fabulous lab at night for calibrating some of my ham equipment.

They had the top of the line of everything in test equipment, even computers, I would drool over it all.

They had copy cameras that would have been quality enough for spy satellite use,

they were for making the mask.

Jim told me the camera lenses IIRC were 30-40 thousand each, made by American Optical.

Camera assemblies were mounted on concrete bases 10 feet deep in the ground,

and had anti-vibration units under the cameras.

It was a clean room, I could not go in there without a half hour of showers and vacuuming,

it looked much like a bio lab and so did much of the production floor.

They, my guessing, reduced a drawing from about 4X5 feet down to a quarter of an inch.

Originally in the early 1900s they made all sorts of capacitors, and did right up into the 60s.

About 1975 they were gone, operations moved elsewhere,

my friend did not go with them wherever they went.

Mad Trapper
02-08-2022, 11:10 PM
There was a company in Worcester Ma. that made IC chips, it was Sprague Electric.

They made custom chips for assorted customers, and did it by the 10s of thousands.

A friend was chief engineer for them, got to tour the plant several times, day and night.

The best part was that I got to use their fabulous lab at night for calibrating some of my ham equipment.

The had the top of the line of everything in test equipment, even computers, I would drool over it all.

They had copy cameras that would have been quality enough for spy satellite use,

they were for making the mask.

Jim told me the camera lenses IIRC were 30-40 thousand each, made by American Optical.

Camera assemblies were mounted on concrete bases 10 feet deep in the ground,

and had anti-vibration units under the cameras.

It was a clean room, I could not go in there without a half hour of showers and vacuuming,

it looked much like a bio lab and so did much of the production floor.

They, my guessing, reduced a drawing from about 4X5 feet down to a quarter of an inch.

Originally in the early 1900s the made all sorts of capacitors, and did right up into the 60s.

About 1975 they were gone, operations moved elsewhere,

my friend did not go with them wherever they went.

There was a Sprague factory in North Adams Ma that also made electronics. They also left town but let the river keep the PCBs they used.

The GE plant in Pittsfield made all kinds of stuff. Huge transformers that are NLA from domestic sources. If the grid went down now we'd be waiting on a boat from who knows where to get replacements. They also made a lot of ordinance for the military. My uncle was one of the head machinists who made guidance parts for ballistic missiles. Jack Welch sent all the GE production work overseas and we lost all the knowledge of the skilled men building those things. If they wanted to bring that production back home, who would/could teach them?

SOCOM42
02-09-2022, 08:30 PM
Had a surprise today, three cases of Aguson Farms #10 cans of food arrived.

They were ordered a month ago forgot all about them until now.

They have been ratholed away.

BucketBack
02-10-2022, 02:16 AM
Augason sent me a triple order during PF days a few years ago. I only ordered a couple food products but got 2 more boxed of survival stuff. I called to say hey, but the ladies said it wasn't their problem and to call corporate. I'm corporate

SOCOM42
02-17-2022, 11:57 AM
There was a Sprague factory in North Adams Ma that also made electronics. They also left town but let the river keep the PCBs they used.

The GE plant in Pittsfield made all kinds of stuff. Huge transformers that are NLA from domestic sources. If the grid went down now we'd be waiting on a boat from who knows where to get replacements. They also made a lot of ordinance for the military. My uncle was one of the head machinists who made guidance parts for ballistic missiles. Jack Welch sent all the GE production work overseas and we lost all the knowledge of the skilled men building those things. If they wanted to bring that production back home, who would/could teach them?

GE was the biggest PCB contaminator out there in their transformer plant.

They used a product called Askarel for insulation and heat exchange in their transformers,

that oil was a bucket of PCB's.

ALL the X-former makers used it until the late 70's, IIRC.