PDA

View Full Version : The Vaccine Debate: What They’re Not Telling You

hawgrider
02-04-2015, 05:52 AM
Line up for the gas chamber people its mandatory!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxIGfXprbpE#t=230

Empowering the state to inject you or your children against your will is a bigger threat than measles or any vaccine.
http://www.infowars.com/the-vaccine-debate-what-theyre-not-telling-you/

Inor
02-04-2015, 07:55 AM
I am really lost on this whole vaccine debate. If you think the measles vaccine (or any other vaccine) is a good idea and get the vaccine, why would you care whether measles goes pandemic or not? You have been vaccinated against it. If I get measles because I chose not to be vaccinated the only people that I can give it to are other people that chose not to be vaccinated, unless the vaccine is not that effective after all...

The entire argument for mandatory vaccines makes absolutely no sense to me.

DerBiermeister
02-04-2015, 08:35 AM
I am really lost on this whole vaccine debate. If you think the measles vaccine (or any other vaccine) is a good idea and get the vaccine, why would you care whether measles goes pandemic or not? You have been vaccinated against it. If I get measles because I chose not to be vaccinated the only people that I can give it to are other people that chose not to be vaccinated, unless the vaccine is not that effective after all...

I haven't been following this very closely.

One thing I will say though is that many many years ago, this kind of debate was never an issue. I remember as a child, polio ran rampant throughout our country. It was a terrible disease that seemed to strike in the summer. Families were scared to death of it. And then along came Jonas Salk -- who by everyone's account was a Godsend. If I am not mistaken, literally every single person in the country got vaccinated -- or it seemed that way anyway. If you refused the vaccination, you would have been chalked up as an idiot.

Measles vaccination came along later and not with the fanfare of the polio vaccine. Probably because the after effects of the disease were not as serious.

Inor
02-04-2015, 08:51 AM

One thing I will say though is that many many years ago, this kind of debate was never an issue. I remember as a child, polio ran rampant throughout our country. It was a terrible disease that seemed to strike in the summer. Families were scared to death of it. And then along came Jonas Salk -- who by everyone's account was a Godsend. If I am not mistaken, literally every single person in the country got vaccinated -- or it seemed that way anyway. If you refused the vaccination, you would have been chalked up as an idiot.

Measles vaccination came along later and not with the fanfare of the polio vaccine. Probably because the after effects of the disease were not as serious.

I am not arguing for or against the vaccine. I am saying that it is not the government's prerogative to force you to take it. If you do your research and decide the vaccine is a good idea; great, go ahead and get it. But if I choose not to get it, my choice does not put the larger population at risk.

hawgrider
02-04-2015, 09:33 AM

Believe it or not Beerman I think some vaccines are good.... I remember Polio very well and have seen the effects of it. What I don't like is when the state or the feds start confiscating our children and making any injection they want you to have mandatory. Mandatory injections does not sit well with me..... Its coming though along with the mark of the beast. Line up for mind numbing injections then inject a chip in you and then send you off to the gas chamber if you don't conform.

DerBiermeister
02-04-2015, 09:36 AM
I am not arguing for or against the vaccine. I am saying that it is not the government's prerogative to force you to take it. If you do your research and decide the vaccine is a good idea; great, go ahead and get it. But if I choose not to get it, my choice does not put the larger population at risk.

The only point I was trying to make was that decades ago, there never was a question about government mandate. I don't think the issue ever came up. People were so thankful to be protected from the scurge that they automatically got vaccinated.

Edited to add: Or what was more probably the case .... those that did refuse, never got covered in the press because back in those days we did not have instant communications.

As I already said, I have not been following this topic very closely in the last few days, other than to take notice that some of the high-profile candidates (Christie, Paul, etc.) are saying some things that are causing them some grief.

I suppose that Americans should have the right to reject vaccinations. Just like they also have the right to refuse medical treatment, even for their kids -- some of which may be deathly ill. Certain religions play a huge role in this. One thing is for certain though -- folks who openly reject treatment and then get sick are going to make sensational press. For instance - what if they developed an Ebola vaccine and we had a serious Ebola pandemic hitting our country (unlike that joke of last summer)? Can you imagine the outrage that would erupt if some parents refused vaccinations for their kids and then they subsequently got sick and died?

MI.oldguy
02-04-2015, 12:43 PM

I remember the same in the 60's...in fact my brother had polio and the vaccine saved his limbs and life as far as I am concerned.I was vaccinated in the early 60's as well.I remember going to vaccination at a community college when I was a kid with my mom and brother and remember hearing my mom say,gee,must be the whole town here.I did not get autism,or anything else.I did have measles as a child earlier than the vaccinations though and remember our school said keep him at home for two weeks and we will mail his homework to you.

Deebo
02-04-2015, 03:04 PM
I also, am uneducated on the debate, but I know you have to prove vaccinations to the schools my kids go to.
I also feel it's a personal decision, and it's opening more and more questions.
Who pays for all this hoopla? Who pays for free vaccinations? The American tax payer.

James m
02-04-2015, 04:00 PM
My father and uncle both worked at sanofi pasteur. They mainly work on flu vaccine today but were previously involved with polio salk and others. The people who work in there, some catch the flu while they are working there. They get fired.

Sparkyprep
02-04-2015, 06:33 PM

One thing to keep in mind. If you have the Measles vaccine, you still have an approximately 9% chance of catching measles if exposed. The best idea to me is to stop allowing the massive import of illegal aliens that are infected with measles, or God knows what else from the rain forests of some third world country.

OSFG
02-04-2015, 09:20 PM
I am one who was threatened of getting kicked out/ of the military for not wanting the anthrax vaccination. That program ended in 2001 once it was understood that the vaccination was only for animal contacted anthrax and useless against weaponized anthrax. Many got kicked out for refusing. I told them I had ceriosus (can't spell) but it kept the mandate at bay...even though I didn't have it. (You would be amazed at how hydrocortozone usage can replicate the symptoms) but to the point.... they say there is no clear association of all the inoculations with autism. I say there is no proof yet that all the inoculations has nothing to do with autism. Having said that I chose to get my kids the required inoculations....required to go to school...thinking they already have a mandated program. I say make it illegal to force it..then only the un inoculated are at risk. But solve the greater problem of...stop bringing in these ****ing diseases by tighter border control. Do not forget where this outbreak came from. Bring back the vaccine for the plague for 300 million...or screen ****ers coming into the country.

Slippy
02-04-2015, 11:11 PM

What Inor said.
I will add that if we kept the filthy illegals out we might be better off...just a freakin suggestion.

Slippy
02-04-2015, 11:13 PM
One thing to keep in mind. If you have the Measles vaccine, you still have an approximately 9% chance of catching measles if exposed. The best idea to me is to stop allowing the massive import of illegal aliens that are infected with measles, or God knows what else from the rain forests of some third world country.

Yessir!

hawgrider
02-06-2015, 06:03 AM
The push is way too hard I prefer to swim against the current. Now its fashion?

http://cdn.thedailybeast.com/content/dailybeast/articles/2015/02/06/don-t-be-an-idiot-vaccinate-your-f-cking-kids/jcr:content/image.crop.800.500.jpg/1423219516787.cached.jpg
Don’t Be an Idiot: Vaccinate Your F*cking Kids
Now you can tell the world you’re a pro-vaxxer with t-shirts, tote bags, and bumper stickers.

Being pro-vaccination isn’t just a public health issue—it’s now a fashion statement.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/02/06/don-t-be-an-idiot-vaccinate-your-f-cking-kids.html

Arizona Infidel
02-08-2015, 01:47 AM
If you all think back to when Obama was a Candidate the first time, he mentioned bringing science back to the forefront. Connect the dots and whats going on becomes clear.
All these politicians, all these pharma CEOs, all the bankers, all the wall street investment bankers, etyc. etc., they all went to college together. They all run in the same circles. They are all friends. You don't graduate from a state university and become president of the country, or CEO of JP Morgan, or the CEO of a multinational corporation. You go to a small handful of Ivy league schools.
They all know each other.

justlooking
02-08-2015, 08:02 AM
The push is way too hard I prefer to swim against the current. Now its fashion?
Oh good lord.

Really. If vaccines are so effective don't worry about my unvaccinated children injecting you vaccinated child

James m
02-08-2015, 08:22 AM
Now some parenting forums are banning people for even discussing vaccine issues. So much for that.

hawgrider
02-08-2015, 09:11 AM
Now some parenting forums are banning people for even discussing vaccine issues. So much for that.
Lemmie guess. .....

PF