PDA

View Full Version : Carolina Coops

Sparkyprep
12-30-2021, 06:10 PM
Anyone have any experience with a company called Carolina Coops? They sell chicken coop "kits", and from my internet research, they seem to be the best made, but they are kind of pricy. I assume that this high cost has a lot to do with the price of lumber these days. I have watched a lot of YouTube videos on them, customer reviews, and assembly videos. I have already learned a lot about raising chickens just from watching these videos. But, anyway, does anyone on here have any experience with their product? I'm looking for some reviews that I can trust. I am currently looking at a 6' X 12' American Coop, plus a custom foundation to help me with my hurricane problems. I am looking at a total cost of about $6000, including concrete and paint.

https://carolinacoops.com/shop/american-coop/

Sasquatch
12-30-2021, 06:15 PM
That's super nice but 6 grand for a chicken house sheesh. I couldn't do it. Sorry I don't have any better advice for ya. Slippy built his own he is probably the guy to talk to.

hawgrider
12-30-2021, 06:22 PM
I had a grand wrapped into my coop and run. My chicken thread is probably in the farming homesteading forum section from a couple years ago.

Inor
12-30-2021, 06:22 PM
For $6000, I would seriously look at just building it yourself. That is more than 3 times what I spent to build ours last spring, at the height of the lumber price explosion.

hawgrider
12-30-2021, 06:27 PM
Here's the link. I did not build it I bought the coop used and bought the cyclone fence kennel.
https://theoutdoortradingpost.com/showthread.php?1632-Hawg-Hens

Box of frogs
12-30-2021, 07:46 PM
If your the least bit handy then build it yourself.
I have about 800 in materials in my coop and run.
Run is 8x16 and adjoining coop is 4x8.

Before I built this I kept the birds in a 6x6 dog pen until they out grew it.
The dog pen was a metal kit for about 300. Still have it for the next round of peeps to live in before moving them to the hen house.

BoF

Slippy
12-31-2021, 04:54 AM

Sparky,

The Carolina Coops look great and will probably last you a number of years. I had a lot of extra building materials in my "boneyard" so I built my own.

Depending on what you and Mrs Sparky are looking for in a finished product, if you're OK with spending the money, Carolina Coops have some really neat looking Chicken Coops!

Keep us in the loop which way you go and best of luck!

Slip

Slippy
12-31-2021, 05:34 AM
Predator Proof Run

Nesting Boxes

Roosting Bars

Sparkyprep
12-31-2021, 06:27 AM

Sparky,

The Carolina Coops look great and will probably last you a number of years. I had a lot of extra building materials in my "boneyard" so I built my own.

Depending on what you and Mrs Sparky are looking for in a finished product, if you're OK with spending the money, Carolina Coops have some really neat looking Chicken Coops!

Keep us in the loop which way you go and best of luck!

Slip

We have the money, but we also have to be realistic. $6000 just seems like too much to spend on a chicken coop. I’m thinking of trying to pull off a “copycat”.