PDA

View Full Version : How to Easily Peel Farm Fresh Hard Boiled Eggs

hawgrider
02-05-2015, 10:09 AM
Ever boiled up some eggs for a dish only to discover that you can’t peel them without destroying the egg? Then looked online to see an endless variety of experiments that range from trying to change the pH of the egg to poking little holes in them? Nonsense. Here are two time tested methods to easily peel hard boiled homegrown eggs,
http://americanpreppersnetwork.com/2013/12/how-to-easily-peel-farm-fresh-hard-boiled-eggs.html

1moretoy
02-05-2015, 03:48 PM
I've used the cold water method for years...it's how I thought it was supposed to be done.

hawgrider
02-05-2015, 06:30 PM
My fresh eggs are very hard to peel. I use the bring to a boil then turn the heat off cover the pan let sit 10 minutes. Then cold water. But they peel hard when they are less than 3 weeks old.

Slippy
02-05-2015, 06:50 PM
Try the cold water method then break off a piece of the shell on both ends of the egg. Hold the egg in your hand and blow hard on the larger flatter end of the egg. The hardboiled egg will shoot out of the tapered end of the shell quickly and cleanly. Works on fresh eggs as well as store bought.

hawgrider
02-05-2015, 07:24 PM
Try the cold water method then break off a piece of the shell on both ends of the egg. Hold the egg in your hand and blow hard on the larger flatter end of the egg. The hardboiled egg will shoot out of the tapered end of the shell quickly and cleanly. Works on fresh eggs as well as store bought.
That I have not tried. I'll give it a shot on my next batch of pickled eggs. I hate putting hacked up eggs in the jar.

slewfoot
12-19-2015, 01:34 PM
Well hawg I looked at your link and just happens I need to make 6 hard boiled eggs today. We buy fresh organic eggs which sometimes can be difficult to peal so I tried the hot water method, wow, worked perfectly thanks for the post my friend.

slewfoot
12-19-2015, 01:37 PM
Some how slippy I just can't see myself giving an egg a BJ.:censored:

Slippy
12-19-2015, 01:41 PM
Some how slippy I just can't see myself giving an egg a BJ.:censored:

Excellent point slew!

Baglady
12-20-2015, 10:32 PM

Yeah. Ok. I'm gonna try this, but there won't be any witnesses...

RubberDuck
12-21-2015, 11:15 AM
But we all know this is what it will look like hahahahahaha
I'll pass on this onhttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20151221/e00e6adee20af59a964fc2958360af3f.jpg