PDA

View Full Version : Va I 95 Crash Leaves 100's Cars Stranded

BucketBack
01-04-2022, 08:57 PM
That's why I have a go bag. Plus it goes to the gym.

9" of snow forecasted with 55 + MPH winds starting @ 3. I won't be in the shanty Wednesday

Time to light candles and fire up the mud room heater

https://assets.rebelmouse.io/eyJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiIsInR5cCI6IkpXVCJ9.eyJpbWFnZSI6I mh0dHBzOi8vYXNzZXRzLnJibC5tcy8yODcyNTMzOC9vcmlnaW4 ucG5nIiwiZXhwaXJlc19hdCI6MTY5MDM0NDYwMn0.ey020Wipi PecPwWfvULizhaH9tZquradgd_5IuPOIrc/img.png?width=1245&quality=85&coordinates=0%2C0%2C1%2C0&height=700

An accident involving six tractor-trailers on Interstate 95 left hundreds of drivers snowed in overnight along a 50-mile stretch of highway in Virginia, as the crashed vehicles blocked the road and blizzard conditions prevented crews from reaching the area.
https://www.theblaze.com/news/tractor-trailer-crash-drivers-stranded-virginia-i-95?utm_source=theblaze-breaking&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=20220104Trending-DeSantis&utm_term=ACTIVE%20LIST%20-%20TheBlaze%20Breaking%20News

BucketBack
01-04-2022, 09:10 PM
Last week when the power went out , my candles burned away.

I had to find and light them.

It's good to be prepared, even though most weather events here are over rated. Straight line winds are a concern coming off Lake MI

hawgrider
01-04-2022, 09:13 PM
Expressways are just a parking lot.

SOCOM42
01-04-2022, 09:33 PM
That's why I have a go bag. Plus it goes to the gym.

9" of snow forecasted with 55 + MPH winds starting @ 3. I won't be in the shanty Wednesday

Time to light candles and fire up the mud room heater

https://assets.rebelmouse.io/eyJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiIsInR5cCI6IkpXVCJ9.eyJpbWFnZSI6I mh0dHBzOi8vYXNzZXRzLnJibC5tcy8yODcyNTMzOC9vcmlnaW4 ucG5nIiwiZXhwaXJlc19hdCI6MTY5MDM0NDYwMn0.ey020Wipi PecPwWfvULizhaH9tZquradgd_5IuPOIrc/img.png?width=1245&quality=85&coordinates=0%2C0%2C1%2C0&height=700

An accident involving six tractor-trailers on Interstate 95 left hundreds of drivers snowed in overnight along a 50-mile stretch of highway in Virginia, as the crashed vehicles blocked the road and blizzard conditions prevented crews from reaching the area.
https://www.theblaze.com/news/tractor-trailer-crash-drivers-stranded-virginia-i-95?utm_source=theblaze-breaking&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=20220104Trending-DeSantis&utm_term=ACTIVE%20LIST%20-%20TheBlaze%20Breaking%20News

Smart to have a bag for whatever you drive.

Each Jeep has enough food and water for a min. of 3 days (stretched to 6 if needed),

Butane stove for melting snow for water, Triox fuel tabs and GI stove for them as backup.

USGI winter parker's and ECW pants and mouse boots, plus blankets. Oh, yes, TP included.

Food consist of 6 cans of sardines in oil, 6 of 3,600 K's bricks of LBR's,

Honey, plus 3 cans of Spam, tea and equal, hot chocolate mix packs.

Canteen cups for melting snow or boiling water for making my tea and chocolate.

During any long trip in the past, five gallon GI can of gas was always carried, also USGI folding shovels.

The food stays in the Jeeps year round.

BucketBack
01-04-2022, 09:36 PM
Now ? Snow should start here about now. and stop in 23 hours.

No snow on the porch or ramp. At least my allergies will be held at bay.

Now it's flurries at noon Wednesday. I'm in the snow belt.

My rescue visit was cancelled by my driver. It's a 100 mile round trip, and no ride is free.

I'm only a 2 hour walk from home most times. 2 hours in the snow in single digits can cause issues.

So can clearing a 500' driveway with a snowblower. I guess I'll see if I have a snow removal service this year.

This is way outta hand. News says to carry sand for traction. 4WD with Detroit Lockers provide traction.

Sasquatch
01-04-2022, 11:24 PM
This reminds me. I need to swap out my water container in the truck.

Prepared One
01-05-2022, 06:01 AM
Smart to have a bag for whatever you drive.

Each Jeep has enough food and water for a min. of 3 days (stretched to 6 if needed),

Butane stove for melting snow for water,

USGI winter parker's and ECW pants and mouse boots, plus blankets. Oh, yes, TP included.

Food consist of 6 cans of sardines in oil, 6 of 3,600 K's bricks of LBR's,

Honey, plus 3 cans of Spam, tea and equal, hot chocolate mix packs.

Canteen cups for melting snow or boiling water for making my tea and chocolate.

During any long trip in the past, five gallon GI can of gas was always carried, also USGI folding shovels.

I agree, I always have a go bag in my personal truck or company truck. My briefcase acts as a mini go bag when at the office. There is always first aid, flash light, knife, and a pistol at arms length when I am chained to my desk.

Slippy
01-05-2022, 06:26 AM
Over-Sensationalization by the news media.

So called "Stranded" on the interstate in one of the most densely populated areas is usually NOT dangerous.

Take a freakin' nap then walk to the 7-11 for a bottle of water and bag of Pork Rinds and you'll be fine. What a bunch of wussies society has become.

And yes, Bucket Back is correct; Detroit Lockers on 4WD are 100% "Slippy Approved"!

T-Man 1066
01-05-2022, 09:44 AM
Over-Sensationalization by the news media.

So called "Stranded" on the interstate in one of the most densely populated areas is usually NOT dangerous.

Take a freakin' nap then walk to the 7-11 for a bottle of water and bag of Pork Rinds and you'll be fine. What a bunch of wussies society has become.

And yes, Bucket Back is correct; Detroit Lockers on 4WD are 100% "Slippy Approved"!

That is the plan Slippy. Wussify the society (peasants) so only a select few have any fighting instinct.

BucketBack
01-05-2022, 10:04 AM
It's on like Donkey Kong now

red442joe
01-05-2022, 03:43 PM
That is the plan Slippy. Wussify the society (peasants) so only a select few have any fighting instinct.

I heard something on the radio about tests showing crashing testosterone levels in men.

Joe

BucketBack
01-11-2022, 07:07 PM
:ughh: