PDA

View Full Version : SNAP Cards For McD's and Prepared Meals

BucketBack
01-06-2022, 01:34 PM
Maryland resident Rhona Reiss began speaking out about gaps in the food stamp program the day she learned it wouldn’t cover rotisserie chicken. Under long-standing federal policy, benefits can’t be used to buy hot or prepared foods — even for older adults like Reiss, who is 77.

But that policy is shifting in Maryland and in states across the country. In the past two years, six states have opted in to a little-used federal program that allows older adults to use their food benefits on select, low-cost restaurant meals.

https://samsung.tribunecontentagency.com/2022/01/06/more-americans-can-use-food-stamps-for-restaurants-prepared-meals/

Ricekila
01-06-2022, 04:19 PM
I've seen the monkeys pay @ McDonald's with these cards ------

shootbrownelk
01-06-2022, 08:59 PM
I guess the lobbyists from Popeyes, Colonel Sanders, McDonalds and Burger King among others will be busy in the future. Imagine, a Popeyes chicken sammich and a large Mountain Dew to go and paid for with a SNAP card. Life is good. Can buying recreational Pot with a SNAP card be far behind? Then prepared drinks...like beer, wine and liquor? Cigarettes??

Sasquatch
01-06-2022, 11:39 PM
Up until a few years ago, at least in California, the cards could be used at strip joints and ATM's in Vegas.

Mad Trapper
01-07-2022, 03:10 AM
Up until a few years ago, at least in California, the cards could be used at strip joints and ATM's in Vegas.

Hair pie with sticky buns?

Prepared One
01-07-2022, 04:43 AM

Wait....what? You mean I could get free lap dances in the VIP room for free at the taxpayers expense? :eyebrows:

shootbrownelk
01-07-2022, 07:41 AM
Wait....what? You mean I could get free lap dances in the VIP room for free at the taxpayers expense? :eyebrows:

I don't know about SNAP card holders, but our FBI agents get hookers and booze courtesy of USA taxpayers. Or was that Secret Service agents? I forget now, happened in Brazil or some other fun spot when they were supposed to be guarding the President/Vice President or some other useless public "Servant".

SOCOM42
01-07-2022, 08:22 AM
My daughter is on the food stamp program (SNAP), she is disabled and gets SSDI.

She only buys normal supermarket type foods, no over the counter prepped stuff.

The debit card works better than the old funny money, I use to date a girl that used it for her kids, late 70's.

She handed me some of that script to go to the market and pick up some stuff for her,

I was so embarrassed, I paid for it out of my own pocket.

The Biden admin bumped the monies up by $125.00 for the pandemic crisis,

even then it does not cover the rising cost of everything.

In some stores, run by shady operators, you can use the card to buy booze and cigarettes.

Some used it to buy lottery tickets in the crooked stores.

We had a few get busted over the years in the big city.

Some people would buy food with the card and then return it the next day

and get cash from the return, then go buy booze.

You cannot buy paper towels or TP with it either.

SOCOM42
01-07-2022, 08:29 AM
I don't know about SNAP card holders, but our FBI agents get hookers and booze courtesy of USA taxpayers. Or was that Secret Service agents? I forget now, happened in Brazil or some other fun spot when they were supposed to be guarding the President/Vice President or some other useless public "Servant".

It was secret service agents, Cartagena, Colombia, on around 2012.

Used their gov. credit cards.

I was issued one a couple of times, but had to return it after each sortie.

shootbrownelk
01-07-2022, 10:27 AM
It was secret service agents, Cartagena, Colombia, on around 2012.

Used their gov. credit cards.

I was issued one a couple of times, but had to return it after each sortie.

I guess I said Brazil because them agent love those "Brazilian Butt Lifts". LOL

BucketBack
01-07-2022, 11:15 AM
I watched white girls go buy $200 of food for the dealer and get $100 in product back

Sasquatch
01-07-2022, 07:36 PM

See why I stay in California. :hotchick: