PDA

View Full Version : Whole Cow Processed in under 12 minutes!

hawgrider
02-05-2015, 01:19 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MRuCLXxqjs

RWalls
02-06-2015, 08:25 AM
That was quick.

hawgrider
02-06-2015, 09:02 AM
That was quick.I would need a box of bandaids and maybe some artery clogger if I was moving that quick.:butcher:

Infidel
02-06-2015, 11:07 AM
That guy is pretty good, takes me all day to process my deer although for me processing includes cutting it in usable portions and packaging too. I may not be fast but I can absolutely guarantee you'll find no hair, fat or silver skin in a package of my venison. It's a painstaking process but worth it when it's time to start cooking, no work necessary, straight from package to grill.

-Infidel

hawgrider
02-06-2015, 11:28 AM
That guy is pretty good, takes me all day to process my deer although for me processing includes cutting it in usable portions and packaging too. I may not be fast but I can absolutely guarantee you'll find no hair, fat or silver skin in a package of my venison. It's a painstaking process but worth it when it's time to start cooking, no work necessary, straight from package to grill.

-InfidelIve got whitetail down to 4 hours starting at skinning to freezer paper. But I only de bone now. But I too remove all the junk and only steak the loins and 2 flat muscles in each hind quarter unless I corn (corned venison) those. The rest gets ground with 10% beef fat. V burger is my obsession!

Montana Rancher
02-10-2015, 10:19 PM
Haha
What a great video, I disagree "a whole cow" as obviously it was only a half.

Also I know it wasn't a full grown steer (too small) but sure as shootin the guy knew the anatomy and had the skills.

I learned a thing or 2 and I usually self process 2-3 game animals a year for the last .... few years.

I also process my game like that where I cut around the bones and package them in muscle groups, I understand this was for fun but truthfully like has been said before that isn't "processed" as now you have to make steaks, roasts, etc and the packaging takes a lot more time than the butchering.

But I say again great post! That guy knew his knives, and every part of an animal.

hawgrider
02-11-2015, 05:12 AM
Haha
What a great video, I disagree "a whole cow" as obviously it was only a half.

Also I know it wasn't a full grown steer (too small) but sure as shootin the guy knew the anatomy and had the skills.

I learned a thing or 2 and I usually self process 2-3 game animals a year for the last .... few years.

I also process my game like that where I cut around the bones and package them in muscle groups, I understand this was for fun but truthfully like has been said before that isn't "processed" as now you have to make steaks, roasts, etc and the packaging takes a lot more time than the butchering.

But I say again great post! That guy knew his knives, and every part of an animal.Hahaha You win ! Your the first to mention its only a half of cow. Congrats!