PDA

View Full Version : Infographic: 13 Skills You Need for SHTF Preparation

hawgrider
02-06-2015, 05:39 AM
Infographic: 13 Skills You Need for SHTF Preparation

Life is about choices. The decisions we make impact our quality of life and the legacy we leave. For the prepared, the choice to always be ready for survival is clear. This includes food, water and supply storage but also being prepared to survive in the elements. Collecting water, cooking wild game and shelter construction are all vital survival skills. To be truly SHTF ready,

Chart here- http://modernsurvivalonline.com/13-skills-you-need-for-shtf-preparation/

James m
02-06-2015, 07:13 AM
So.... 62% + 39% = 101% that means there is a 1% out there that expects trouble, but still refuses to do anything to help themselves? :p:eek:

Montana Rancher
02-06-2015, 11:37 PM
I like the fact that this was put out by Cabelas (whom I work for)

but the priorities are mixed up a bit

1. Water (which you can only live without for about 3 days)
2. Security (which you cannot live without)
3. Sanitation and Shelter (I put them together since they go togeather) You need to have a way to dispose of your waste or disease will kick in and you are screwed
4. Food (yes you will need it but ANYONE can live without it for 40 days and if you are overweight a lot longer)

hawgrider
02-07-2015, 07:55 AM
I like the fact that this was put out by Cabelas (whom I work for)

but the priorities are mixed up a bit

1. Water (which you can only live without for about 3 days)
2. Security (which you cannot live without)
3. Sanitation and Shelter (I put them together since they go togeather) You need to have a way to dispose of your waste or disease will kick in and you are screwed
4. Food (yes you will need it but ANYONE can live without it for 40 days and if you are overweight a lot longer)
I knew it .... being fat is a good thing I will out last all of you .... Lol

OSFG
02-07-2015, 08:43 AM
LOL...I tell my wife and kids that I will outlast them by a month in a survival situation because I'm over weight....but then my smart mouthed son replied...not if we kill and eat you...sometimes it sucks having witty kids.

DerBiermeister
02-07-2015, 08:55 AM
Geezus -- 40 days without spaghetti? Holy crap!

hawgrider
02-07-2015, 09:12 AM
Geezus -- 40 days without spaghetti? Holy crap!No vermicelli?
Oh man that should be a crime:eek:

DerBiermeister
02-07-2015, 09:39 AM
No vermicelli?
Oh man that should be a crime:eek:

Interesting that you mention vermicelli. That is the only spaghetti noodle I've used in probably over 50 years.

I'll also stand behind my wife's spaghetti meat sauce. It is blend of three different recipes taken from some of our Italian friends over many years. So many ingredients that it has to be cooked in a huge pot - and cooks all day. Meat used is ground beef and Italian sausage. After the first meal, most of it gets put into separate containers in the freezer. Enough to feed an army. Yum-yum

Sarge7402
02-07-2015, 10:48 AM
What no chef boyardee? Oh the humanity. oh what will we ever do?:unclesam:

hawgrider
02-07-2015, 10:53 AM
Interesting that you mention vermicelli. That is the only spaghetti noodle I've used in probably over 50 years.

I'll also stand behind my wife's spaghetti meat sauce. It is blend of three different recipes taken from some of our Italian friends over many years. So many ingredients that it has to be cooked in a huge pot - and cooks all day. Meat used is ground beef and Italian sausage. After the first meal, most of it gets put into separate containers in the freezer. Enough to feed an army. Yum-yum
No Vermicelli....... No spaghetti ! :beerchug:

TJC44
02-07-2015, 06:25 PM
One thing the graphic did not show was how much water one would need per person to last a year. Granted, climate plays a large part in that, but one could break that down by 10 deg. of Latitude.
Other than that, I found it informative and simple for even sheep to understand.

TJC