PDA

View Full Version : Fetched me an American made trailer.

hawgrider
05-16-2022, 09:11 PM
Needed a trailer so I bought a 6.4' x 10' utility trailer with a ramp. Made in Ohio. Decent price for a 4 board high side trailer. $2300.00
Got it from USA Trailer sales in Meatchicken.

https://i.imgur.com/MFhshd2.jpg

Sasquatch
05-16-2022, 11:51 PM
That's a nice looking trailer.

BucketBack
05-17-2022, 04:53 AM
I've been on the lookout for a decent trailer. New appears to be the way.

Slippy
05-17-2022, 05:20 AM
Nice trailer, Hawg!

Everybody should be taught to back up a trailer BEFORE he gets his drivers license...preferably in a vehicle with Manual Transmission.

My PJ Trailer made in Sumner, TX

hawgrider
05-17-2022, 07:12 AM
I've been on the lookout for a decent trailer. New appears to be the way.

Yeah I was considering used but... then there could be bearings tires and rotted wood. For not much less for used. They have one of these dealers not to far from you in Edmore Mi

Mad Trapper
05-17-2022, 07:29 AM
Nice trailer, Hawg!

Everybody should be taught to back up a trailer BEFORE he gets his drivers license...preferably in a vehicle with Manual Transmission.

My PJ Trailer made in Sumner, TX

Hawg's got a purty new trailer!

@Slippy

I got my practice as a teenager backing up full hay wagon trailers (with those tricky pivoting tongues), into barn doors barely 3 ft wider than the wagons. Was using blue Ford 3000 + 4000 and IH H tractors.

T-Man 1066
05-17-2022, 08:03 AM

@Slippy

I got my practice as a teenager backing up full hay wagon trailers (with those tricky pivoting tongues), into barn doors barely 3 ft wider than the wagons. Was using blue Ford 3000 + 4000 and IH H tractors.

Nice looking trailers guys! After towing for years with trailers that were in sad shape, I started buying new ones. It only hurts when you write the check, but the confidence to know you will get to your destination safely is well worth it.

I will second the PJ trailers, I have two of em now, a 14K gooseneck deckover, and a 3500# 12' utility trailer.

hawgrider
05-17-2022, 08:31 AM
Nice looking trailers guys! After towing for years with trailers that were in sad shape, I started buying new ones. It only hurts when you write the check, but the confidence to know you will get to your destination safely is well worth it.

I will second the PJ trailers, I have two of em now, a 14K gooseneck deckover, and a 3500# 12' utility trailer.

Yup write the check and cry once.

Sparkyprep
05-17-2022, 07:03 PM
I'm sporting a Big Tex trailer.

Slippy
05-17-2022, 09:14 PM
I'm sporting a Big Tex trailer.

I've pulled a Big Tex trailer and they are excellent trailers. I was hard pressed deciding on PJ vs Big Tex and at the time I couldn't find a 14k bumper pull Big Tex so I went PJ. I'm very happy with the PJ but I'd look at Big Tex when I finally get a gooseneck and F350 Diesel!

A Watchman
05-18-2022, 04:10 AM

@Slippy

Best UTV/equipment trailer I ever bought was a PJ.

BucketBack
05-18-2022, 07:25 AM
Yeah I was considering used but... then there could be bearings tires and rotted wood. For not much less for used. They have one of these dealers not to far from you in Edmore Mi

I think I bought and sold in the parking lot. Then bought guns and reload supplies inside.

Prepared One
05-18-2022, 07:52 AM
I am going to have to get a trailer myself for Ten Oaks. It will come in handy out in the country. Never had much need for one in the city. No place to store it and I could always rent one if the need came up.

BucketBack
05-18-2022, 07:59 AM
Garage Sale season is here, and my shopping partner is more active than me .

Show up with a trailer and they know you mean business.

Slippy
05-18-2022, 08:36 AM
Garage Sale season is here, and my shopping partner is more active than me .

Show up with a trailer and they know you mean business.

Its like when you walk into a titty-kitty-cat bar and toss a handful of cash at the ugliest "dancer"...the good looking ones know you mean bidness...or so I've heard...

BucketBack
05-18-2022, 08:44 AM
The Riverport in Sarnia was a stop on the way home from Mitchells Bay ice fishing

Prepared One
05-18-2022, 08:45 AM
Its like when you walk into a titty-kitty-cat bar and toss a handful of cash at the ugliest "dancer"...the good looking ones know you mean bidness...or so I've heard...

What they don't like is when you throw pennies on stage, that just gets your ass thrown out into the back ally. At least, that's what I hear anyways. :halo:

Inor
05-18-2022, 09:28 AM
What they don't like is when you throw pennies on stage, that just gets your ass thrown out into the back ally. At least, that's what I hear anyways. :halo:

I have wondered how they do it in Canada now... They no longer have $1 bills. Do they have to give them a $5? Or do they just throw Loonies at them? Inquiring minds want to know...

Slippy: If you do end up going to Canada this summer, it is your mission to figure this protocol out, preferably without getting arrested!

Prepared One
05-19-2022, 05:25 AM
I have wondered how they do it in Canada now... They no longer have $1 bills. Do they have to give them a $5? Or do they just throw Loonies at them? Inquiring minds want to know...

Slippy: If you do end up going to Canada this summer, it is your mission to figure this protocol out, preferably without getting arrested!

I shutter to think how the Canucks do it. Yep, I am sure we can look forward to a full detailed report on the titty-kitty-cat bar protocols in Canada from our man Slippy when he returns from the Great White North. That's assuming of course he doesn't get caught at the border with his pistols, commits some great insult to the Canadians like rub their kitty cats the wrong way, or start asking why Canada is allowed to be a country in the first place. :eyebrows:

hawgrider
05-19-2022, 04:46 PM
First tow pulls like a dream don't even know its there.

https://i.imgur.com/aCPMdIU.jpg

BucketBack
09-19-2022, 05:54 PM

I've used Absolut and Marlboros from the duty free for my private dances :beerchug: