PDA

View Full Version : freeze dryer good/bad recipie thread....

Jester-ND
05-31-2022, 05:37 PM
thought I would start one of these up...

caveat... most of what we have done so far has gone into mylar for the long nap. That being said we have tried a few things that turned out enjoyable to one degree or another. also we have 4 kids 15>

1. Deer burger (pretty easy since no fat) haven't sampled it.
2. Skittles (are awesome)
3. Gummy bears ( a bit strange but starve for a month and will change your mind)
4. peach rings (fluff up like mini-donuts, powdery but still got the peach flavor)
5. starburst (more amazing than the skittles!!)
6. Rotisserie chicken - next in line to freeze
7. milk duds ( after the chicken)

you can see we have our priorities in order.....

eventually try tater-tot hotdish, moose burger when fill tag.

SOCOM42
05-31-2022, 06:03 PM

caveat... most of what we have done so far has gone into mylar for the long nap. That being said we have tried a few things that turned out enjoyable to one degree or another. also we have 4 kids 15>

3. Gummy bears ( a bit strange but starve for a month and will change your mind)
4. peach rings (fluff up like mini-donuts, powdery but still got the peach flavor)

How about taking some cans of soup like chicken and dumplings and see what happens.

Would be easy to bring back to normal.

Broncosfan
05-31-2022, 06:05 PM

Jester-ND what brand of Freezer dryer are you using and where did you purchase it from?

Jester-ND
05-31-2022, 11:06 PM
How about taking some cans of soup like chicken and dumplings and see what happens.

Would be easy to bring back to normal.

can just get bags of dried soup.... why bother adding a bunch of water if you simply have to extract it all anyway?

Jester-ND
05-31-2022, 11:06 PM
Jester-ND what brand of Freezer dryer are you using and where did you purchase it from?

we have a harvest right, got it online last fall

red442joe
06-01-2022, 05:17 AM
Gummi bears? I wonder about the Haribo sugar free...

Joe

Broncosfan
06-01-2022, 06:43 AM
we have a harvest right, got it online last fall

Okay if I remember correctly you have to change the oil frequently or did you upgrade to the more expensive pump? I can't remember if it was oil less or not

SOCOM42
06-01-2022, 08:36 AM
can just get bags of dried soup.... why bother adding a bunch of water if you simply have to extract it all anyway?

The bags of dried soup do not have everything like chicken in them or in fact the dumplings as mentioned, I have never seen any.

I have plenty of the dried stuff myself, re-sealed it in Mylar with O2 packets.

Myself, I don't have a dehydrator.

red442joe
06-01-2022, 12:31 PM
I want a couple cans of dehydrated water.

Joe

Jester-ND
06-01-2022, 02:22 PM
Okay if I remember correctly you have to change the oil frequently or did you upgrade to the more expensive pump? I can't remember if it was oil less or not

upgraded pump

Jester-ND
06-01-2022, 02:23 PM
The bags of dried soup do not have everything like chicken in them or in fact the dumplings as mentioned, I have never seen any.

I have plenty of the dried stuff myself, re-sealed it in Mylar with O2 packets.

Myself, I don't have a dehydrator.

that is why we plan to dry chicken/pheasant chunks.... to add them to the dry soup.

Michael_Js
06-01-2022, 07:56 PM
I want a couple cans of dehydrated water.

Joe

It's on sale: 18718

:)