PDA

View Full Version : Sometimes you cannot win for losing.

Inor
06-14-2022, 09:38 PM
So, about a year ago (actually 12 months, 2 weeks and 2 days ago, but who's counting) Mrs Inor got a bunch of damn guinea fowl. She got them to eat the bugs in the gardens, which they have done a pretty decent job with. But guineas are about the dumbest animals on the planet! They make chickens look like freakin' Einstein! Plus, they are loud. They make noise, a LOT of noise! Whenever anything changes, they go absolutely nuts. And because they are so damn dumb, they often think something has changed even if it hasn't. In short, I am not a real fan of the guineas. Furthermore, although you can eat them, they taste like crap!

I thought we were going to get a reprieve when an owl killed a couple of them a few months ago and last week one of our dogs got another one. So we were down to 8. This morning, Mrs Inor came in the house with 2 damn guinea chicks! Apparently, the idiots are breeding. So far, there are only 2 but there are about 15 more eggs that could potentially hatch. I sure hope they do not all hatch!

At least we do not have to worry much about inbreeding. I mean, even if they do inbreed they cannot come out any dumber than they already are!

Sasquatch
06-14-2022, 10:02 PM
Seems like idiots breeding is not a trait reserved only for humans.

Big Ken
06-14-2022, 11:12 PM
Eggs = scrambled, bacon & toast :hungry:

Dwight55
06-14-2022, 11:59 PM

Not if they are any closer than 21 days to hatching . . .

May God bless,
Dwight

Inor
06-15-2022, 12:01 AM

You practically need a hammer to crack the eggs! No joke (as FJB would say). I dropped an egg on our back porch (concrete) and it did get a small crack but not even bad enough to leak juice.

Dwight55
06-15-2022, 06:51 AM
You practically need a hammer to crack the eggs! No joke (as FJB would say). I dropped an egg on our back porch (concrete) and it did get a small crack but not even bad enough to leak juice.

How soon we forget those little things . . . and "no thanks" for the reminder . . .

May God bless,
Dwight

Sparkyprep
06-15-2022, 04:49 PM
I'll stick with my chickens.