PDA

View Full Version : Bugging out vrs holding up

justlooking
02-11-2015, 08:50 AM
Not sure if I phrased that correctly.

Seeing all these posts on canned goods. Prepping etc is it safe to assume the vast majority are holding up

DerBiermeister
02-11-2015, 08:54 AM

Seeing all these posts on canned goods. Prepping etc is it safe to assume the vast majority are holding up

Well, I for one am. Medical conditions for both my wife and I will keep us from hitting the road on foot, i.e., traipsing through 100s of miles of woods, etc. I guess if we were facing a nuclear war, then anything is possible. However, if it turned out to be a war with Russia or China, I think 100s of our cities would be hit -- which pretty much precludes going anywhere.

hawgrider
02-11-2015, 09:02 AM

If civil unrest takes place in the suburbs then yes. I am 45 minutes from Detoilet because I'm not retired yet. So yes Id need to make a 2 hour or a 4 hour jaunt to safety. Thanks to my kids Ive got 2 safe havens to go too.

MrsInor
02-11-2015, 09:42 AM
Thanks to my kids Ive got 2 safe havens to go too.

Thanks to us, our two kids have a safe haven to come to.

hawgrider
02-11-2015, 10:06 AM
Thanks to us, our two kids have a safe haven to come to.I had a nice place in the tip of the mitt just under 25 acres that my kids got to enjoy while they were growing up. Long story but sold it a few years back and made a killing. The area became home to a few yuppies I couldn't stand on the parcels next to me. So I took the money and ran.

Innkeeper
02-11-2015, 12:41 PM
I had a nice place in the tip of the mitt just under 25 acres that my kids got to enjoy while they were growing up. Long story but sold it a few years back and made a killing. The area became home to a few yuppies I couldn't stand on the parcels next to me. So I took the money and ran.

Can't blame you luckily the 40 acres I am looking at does not have that issue.....yet. But right now I am on only an acre, but over all decent neighbors the ones there are. Figure I can hole up here awhile, but I do have back up plans for bugging out as needed. You get desperate bring your guns and I can find you a loophole to shoot out of in this part of the mitt.

hawgrider
02-11-2015, 12:50 PM
Can't blame you luckily the 40 acres I am looking at does not have that issue.....yet. But right now I am on only an acre, but over all decent neighbors the ones there are. Figure I can hole up here awhile, but I do have back up plans for bugging out as needed. You get desperate bring your guns and I can find you a loophole to shoot out of in this part of the mitt.Roger that ! My oldest has a small cabin in the Mio area. And my youngest has some farmland mid state. Me Im not so sure where I will end up in retirement. Id like to be somewhere a bit warmer but I doubt My woman will let get too far from kids and grand-kids. Looks Like I doomed to die in
meat chic ken.

Innkeeper
02-11-2015, 01:11 PM
Roger that ! My oldest has a small cabin in the Mio area. And my youngest has some farmland mid state. Me Im not so sure where I will end up in retirement. Id like to be somewhere a bit warmer but I doubt My woman will let get too far from kids and grand-kids. Looks Like I doomed to die in
meat chic ken.

My goal is to retire south like Georgia, home port my Sail Boat in the Savannah area maybe, but I still plan to keep something up here so I can come enjoy hunting and a lil cooler summer. But yes a lot will depend on kids, and all that jazz, the gf seems to not mind the idea of a warmer place later in life. But none of that will occur til after I finish College and retire for the second time, for now I still like 4 seasons. Heck we are getting snow outside my window as I type this just a light snow it looks like, but it always changes up here in the snow belt.

Txwheels
02-11-2015, 02:00 PM
Will hold up as long as it's reasonably safe. But we have full out plans laid for bugging out when the time comes.

Sparkyprep
02-11-2015, 07:18 PM
I consider bugging out a dangerous, stressful event that will only be done as an absolute last resort. Given my current situation, I plan to stay right here.

Montana Rancher
02-19-2015, 01:08 AM

Seriously?

I don't reply to "folks" who just joined and asked stupid open ended questions, sounds like a troll to me.

I guess I am a tin foil type to think our Guvment would be trolling prepper sites and building profiles....

Of course stating this builds my own profile, but I'm just trying to help out the herd.

Inor
02-19-2015, 07:14 AM
Seriously?

I don't reply to "folks" who just joined and asked stupid open ended questions, sounds like a troll to me.

I guess I am a tin foil type to think our Guvment would be trolling prepper sites and building profiles....

Of course stating this builds my own profile, but I'm just trying to help out the herd.

JustLooking is good people. She is with Innkeeper; definitely not a troll.

hawgrider
02-19-2015, 08:33 AM
"Hell hath no fury of a woman scorned."

Ruh oh! I'm heading to the barn before this gets ugly:shocked:

Txwheels
02-19-2015, 09:00 AM
Seriously?

Hmmm. Didn't see a thing stupid about her question. What I did see that was stupid is you saying I don't reply to questions from newbies while answering...

justlooking
02-19-2015, 10:30 AM
Seriously?

But this is a reply

Not a troll.

You seem kinda grumpy. Do you need a friend?

Inor
02-19-2015, 10:46 AM
But this is a reply

Not a troll.

You seem kinda grumpy. Do you need a friend?

That is hilarious!

Sparkyprep
02-19-2015, 07:43 PM
Hmmm. Didn't see a thing stupid about her question. What I did see that was stupid is you saying I don't reply to questions from newbies while answering...

Montana thinks everyone is stupid, don't let it bother you.

Arklatex
02-19-2015, 09:10 PM
I'm gonna bug in. I'm already setup out here in the boonies. Only way we will leave is if the zombies drive us out. They will more than likely be dead before they ever make it out this far though.

And Montana, you're a douchebag. How do you expect this site to grow when you troll new members? If she was a troll she would have already been banned.

Dwight55
02-19-2015, 09:58 PM
I heard it said once that to die happy, . . . you gotta be laid out in a bed of hot brass.

If it comes down to that, . . . that's probably my fate, . . . beats an orange jump suit and a knife at your throat.

I'm too old, too ugly, to contrary, to move, . . . and besides that, . . . where the devil is anyone going to go????

If the stuff is dripping nasty off the fan blades, . . . bridges will be down, . . . choke points will be non-passable, . . . and there will be enough loonies on the roads to start your own cartoon business.

Nahhh, . . . bake some more corn bread, Ma, . . . looks like it might be a long night.

May God bless,
Dwight

Montana Rancher
02-21-2015, 12:05 AM
Montana thinks everyone is stupid, don't let it bother you.

I know I piss a lot of people off, it is sort of a drill sergeant mentality, Most of you know what you have to do but because of politics (either money or your spouse) do less than you can against the coming collapse.

That's Ok, But I hope to push the 3% into action.

Truthfully I push this site, and say things that piss you off, in an effort to inspire the non-sheeple into action.

To recoup my hundreds of previous post...

1. Have a renewable source of fresh water

2. Have the means to defend yourself.

3. Have a back stock of food, the longer the better

4. Have a agreement with your neighbors.

Really after that you are on your own.

Montana Rancher
02-21-2015, 12:12 AM

A follow up, what is this person asking?

Has anyone here heard of opsec?

justlooking
02-21-2015, 06:38 AM
A follow up, what is this person asking?

Has anyone here heard of opsec?
Was asking the pros and cons

Guess I could have phrased it differently

Slippy
02-21-2015, 08:54 AM
(That's the Montana Rancher we all know and love!)

JustLooking,
You ask a fair question. We are at our "Alamo" and will make our last stand on our little slice of heaven. If after the SHTF you'll know my place by the severed head of the last thug who attempted to encroach upon Slippy Lodge...or by the pile of brass around my dead body, smile on my face.