PDA

View Full Version : FBI ain't so smart

Sarge7402
08-13-2022, 08:22 PM
Claim revolver Baldwin held couldn't fire with out pulling the trigger. Seems either Elmer or skeeter wrote about carrying a SAA with only five rounds. None under the hammer cause working on the range a hammer could be partially cocked - not far enough to engage the half cock notch. When the hammer was released it sometimes had enough upmh to bust a cap. Sending a slug down the cowboys leg.

You'd think the Bozo's at the FBI would have thought of that

1skrewsloose
08-13-2022, 09:15 PM
I agree, but it might have been a modern reproduction with a transfer bar. Don't think they use period correct firearms, but maybe they do.

That said, in no way saying he isn't guilty of murder, the gun was in his hand when fired.

shootbrownelk
08-14-2022, 06:07 AM
What do you expect from an FBI investigation? FBI....F**king Bunch of Idiots.

red442joe
08-14-2022, 09:03 AM
I'll say it again.....dickwad did not "pull" the trigger. He held it back while thumbing the hammer and let the hammer go.
Watch ANY anti-gun person, from the idiot to the scumbag, and they will hold the trigger back.
Not to mention every other stupid thing the dickwad did...

Joe

SOCOM42
08-14-2022, 09:07 AM
I agree, but it might have been a modern reproduction with a transfer bar. Don't think they use period correct firearms, but maybe they do.

That said, in no way saying he isn't guilty of murder, the gun was in his hand when fired.

Is it murder or involuntary manslaughter or accidental death?

One has criminal intent, the others not.

Where he will pay is in civil court, could loose every dime he has over the killing in either case.

The guy is a obnoxious, pretentious scumbag, karma is biting him in the ass good.

According to the exalted him, he was far too important, but to me, too stupid to inspect the pistol for being loaded.

Around here, which is not the same, I may check a handgun several time when handling it, for load or not.

Mad Trapper
08-14-2022, 10:04 AM
Some of what Dad taught me before my first BB gun:

Assume every gun is loaded, check it

Always point the muzzle in a safe direction

Never point at something unless you intend to shoot it.

Never put your finger on the trigger until ready to shoot

Be sure of your target and background

Unload the weapon if attempting dangerous movements (e.g. climbing a tree stand)

Never horseplay with a weapon

SOCOM42
08-14-2022, 10:16 AM
I'll say it again.....dickwad did not "pull" the trigger. He held it back while thumbing the hammer and let the hammer go.
Watch ANY anti-gun person, from the idiot to the scumbag, and they will hold the trigger back.
Not to mention every other stupid thing the dickwad did...

Joe

CORRECT, the trigger HAS TO BE BACK for the hammer to go forward, anywhere from half cock to full cock and anywhere in between.

Any motion in front of half cock does not have enough of force to ignite the primer,

unless the hammer is hit say with another hand held hammer.

Now they could say the trigger spring was broken allowing the hammer to pass by the two notches.

Transfer bars require the trigger to be pulled to move the bar into firing position.

Those bars we incorporated because of idiots.

Some of my favorite pistols are the early Mod. 10 and Victory models Smiths,

neither models have the friggin bar, they are such smooth actions.

I have always been tempted to throw them out when working on insides of them but I do not for liability reasons.

I do improve the rebound block pin incline for a better DA feel, less drag, no affect on single action.

I have those xfer blocks in all my newer guns, IIRC they started showing up in the 1970'S.

H&R shotguns exfer. blocks break to a point where they are no longer available as replacements.

They are cheap powder parts made by a now non existent company.

I did let people know on PF a while back to get rid of the guns, was greeted with scorn and ridicule, well, FU@K them.

Sparkyprep
08-14-2022, 01:56 PM
I always knew the FBI was not all that bright in practical matters. However, they ARE powerful, with the force of law, and the gun, behind them. Dumb and powerful are a dangerous combination.

shootbrownelk
08-14-2022, 04:52 PM
Some of what Dad taught me before my first BB gun:

Assume every gun is loaded, check it

Always point the muzzle in a safe direction

Never point at something unless you intend to shoot it.

Never put your finger on the trigger until ready to shoot

Be sure of your target and background

Unload the weapon if attempting dangerous movements (e.g. climbing a tree stand)

Never horseplay with a weapon

And Alec Baldwin violated every last one of those rules of firearm safety you listed. Dummass Hollyweird Actor.