PDA

View Full Version : Energy Emergencies Declared After BP Refinery Fire In Indiana

BucketBack
08-28-2022, 08:38 AM
Topline

The U.S. Department of Transportation has declared a regional emergency for Illinois, Indiana, Michigan and Wisconsin after a fire shut down the BP oil refinery in Whiting, Ind., the largest in the Midwest, though there hasn't been an impact on gas prices so far.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/nicholasreimann/2022/08/27/energy-emergencies-declared-after-bp-refinery-fire-in-indiana/?sh=68abc8685bfa

T-Man 1066
08-28-2022, 09:06 AM
Just in time for harvest season, too. Well, at least we got our strategic reserves.

Oh yea... Biden sold or gave that to china..

Thats ok, everybody can buy electric cars, right? :horsepoo:

hawgrider
08-28-2022, 09:12 AM
Stretchin Gretchen to the rescue....

MountainGirl
08-28-2022, 12:51 PM
Stretchin Gretchen to the rescue....

What's she going to do? Fart in a bag and sell it on the corner?

hawgrider
08-28-2022, 12:58 PM
What's she going to do? Fart in a bag and sell it on the corner?
She farts in the wind alright.... ha ha bitch has covid too guess shes not wearing her mask anymore?

Gov. Gretchen Whitmer (D) also signed a similar statewide energy emergency order Saturday, saying regulations "will not hinder the delivery of gas and diesel to stations in Michigan."

BucketBack
08-28-2022, 03:39 PM
$3.699 at New Way To Go Speedwater

Mad Trapper
08-28-2022, 04:36 PM
$3.699 at New Way To Go Speedwater

Now how are the prices coming down, right before the next Selection?

shootbrownelk
08-28-2022, 08:18 PM
Biden is taking credit for gas prices coming down. Even though it's because people are driving less, I know that I am.

Inor
08-28-2022, 08:49 PM
I found a plan online to make a wood gasifier. Apparently during WWII a lot of farmers had to use wood gas to run their tractors. I can find it and post it for you Meat-Chicken, Hellinois and Cheesehead guys if you think you will need it. I doubt modern car/truck engines would react favorably to it, but...

T-Man 1066
08-28-2022, 09:08 PM
I found a plan online to make a wood gasifier. Apparently during WWII a lot of farmers had to use wood gas to run their tractors. I can find it and post it for you Meat-Chicken, Hellinois and Cheesehead guys if you think you will need it. I doubt modern car/truck engines would react favorably to it, but...

I've got the " Make your own alcohol" book...

My friend used to run a midget (racecar), old Stewart torsion bar chassis with a 2300cc Pinto engine on alcohol. He had to drain and flush the fuel system after every Sat. night of racing, corrosion. IIRC he put viton seals in the injectors and pump, and ran it about 28% richer than he would have with gasoline, less timing.

T-Man 1066
08-28-2022, 09:09 PM
Biden is taking credit for gas prices coming down. Even though it's because people are driving less, I know that I am.

Biden uses credit to buy his ice cream... F'n POS!!!!!!!!!!

Sasquatch
08-28-2022, 09:45 PM
Everything is going according to plan.

Mad Trapper
08-29-2022, 05:15 AM

There are peoplewho made a large gasifiers that ran a generator and powered whole farms.

MountainGirl
08-29-2022, 08:52 AM

Aw jeeeezus. Wood gasifier? Dove into youtube. Love that rabbit hole. Wood gasifiers > Rain gutter hydroelectricity > full solar systems.... PO is in trouble. Imma gonna blame you. :)

Mad Trapper
08-29-2022, 09:22 AM
Aw jeeeezus. Wood gasifier? Dove into youtube. Love that rabbit hole. Wood gasifiers > Rain gutter hydroelectricity > full solar systems.... PO is in trouble. Imma gonna blame you. :)

Don't let him watch Mad Max, you'll be buying hundreds of pigs to make methane.........

SOCOM42
08-29-2022, 01:00 PM

During WW2 the Brits had about 20% of private cars and trucks running on wood gas.

You would need a non computerized engine to use it.

Would be ideal for stationary use, heat your home and run a generator with it.

I had toyed with the idea 30 years ago, too many other things got in the way of doing it.

It was on the drawing board here, that was the limit of it, worked out the heater/gasifier chamber end of it

BucketBack
08-29-2022, 01:36 PM
I know where some flathead sixes are

SOCOM42
08-29-2022, 02:52 PM
I know where some flathead sixes are

Just about any old engine will do, anything that would take a Stromberg 97 carb would be perfect.

I had a 1953 ford V8 flathead engine that I wanted to use, but sold it.

It was going into a ratrod I was building, brother talked me out of it.

If it got to the SHTF point, I might do it with my Honda tractor engine,

replace the tranny with the 8KW generator, all on the same frame.

When I first was given the tractor, that was my plan for it, now I could just add the gasifier to the carb.

BucketBack
08-29-2022, 03:03 PM
The ACE's have different firing order's from each other. They both sat side by side when I was " Out On A Limb"

Sparkyprep
08-29-2022, 05:03 PM
So, baby formula plants are shut down, herds of cattle just drop dead, other food plants mysteriously have catastrophic accidents, and now oil refineries just "burst into flames"? An odd pattern developing.

BucketBack
08-29-2022, 05:09 PM
Welcome to MeatChix

shootbrownelk
08-29-2022, 06:59 PM
Everything is going according to plan.

It's going according to Obama, Rice and Jarett's plan. Biden can't wipe his own ass or complete a sentence read off a teleprompter.

Sasquatch
08-30-2022, 12:33 AM
It's going according to Obama, Rice and Jarett's plan. Biden can't wipe his own ass or complete a sentence read off a teleprompter.

I somewhat agree. But Obama and the rest are useful idiots as well. There is bigger and worse evil afoot here.

shootbrownelk
08-30-2022, 05:45 AM
During WW2 the Brits had about 20% of private cars and trucks running on wood gas.

You would need a non computerized engine to use it.

Would be ideal for stationary use, heat your home and run a generator with it.

I had toyed with the idea 30 years ago, too many other things got in the way of doing it.

It was on the drawing board here, that was the limit of it, worked out the heater/gasifier chamber end of it

You'd also need a wood powered chain saw wouldn't you?

BucketBack
08-30-2022, 06:20 AM
Got a few, called neighbor kids

SOCOM42
08-30-2022, 07:36 AM

I have two, brand new, two man crosscut saws by Simonds Saw and Steel, 6 footers, sharpening and setting tools to go with.

I have everything else for logging needed, the stuff was not bought for a gasifier, but for heat and cooking.

Would have needed a wood gas powered splitter to round out the power stuff.

MountainGirl
08-30-2022, 07:54 AM

Got one.

SOCOM42
08-30-2022, 08:02 AM
I have two, brand new, two man crosscut saws by Simonds Saw and Steel, 6 footers, sharpening and setting tools to go with.

I have everything else for logging needed, the stuff was not bought for a gasifier, but for heat and cooking.

Would have needed a wood gas powered splitter to round out the power stuff.

What I would need to do is train the dogs to pull a cart to haul the wood. LOL!

MountainGirl
08-30-2022, 02:04 PM
What I would need to do is train the dogs to pull a cart to haul the wood. LOL!

THAT is a good idea.
Rather than a cart, I'd use one of those 4' long kids plastic snow sleds.
They slide over everything; no wheels to hang up.
Each of your goldens could pull their own. :)

shootbrownelk
08-30-2022, 04:24 PM
Got one.

I'm not into bustin' my ass cutting and chopping wood anymore. Too old and feeble. Natural gas heat is so much easier.....unless Biden F**ks up that energy source too.

Sparkyprep
08-30-2022, 07:05 PM
THAT is a good idea.
Rather than a cart, I'd use one of those 4' long kids plastic snow sleds.
They slide over everything; no wheels to hang up.
Each of your goldens could pull their own. :)

Rotties were not bread for protection. They were cart-pullers. Big, strong, good work-ethic. Cart-pulling dogs.

MountainGirl
08-30-2022, 08:21 PM
Rotties were not bread for protection. They were cart-pullers. Big, strong, good work-ethic. Cart-pulling dogs.

I didn't know that! Got rotties in your family? :)

MountainGirl
08-30-2022, 08:24 PM
I'm not into bustin' my ass cutting and chopping wood anymore. Too old and feeble. Natural gas heat is so much easier.....unless Biden F**ks up that energy source too.

I'm not either... but I'll do it before I freeze to death. I'm thinkin Bidet is going to screw up everything; my 'prepping' has always been down to the scraps. If all I have left is something sharp and my own muscles - I'll find a way.

Sparkyprep
08-31-2022, 03:09 PM
I didn't know that! Got rotties in your family? :)

Nope. We are a pittie family.

MountainGirl
08-31-2022, 07:58 PM
Nope. We are a pittie family.

:thumb:
The most beautiful dog I ever saw was a HUGE rottweiler/golden retriever cross.
Big square rotti build, head & face, long golden hair. Looked like a dang lion.
Accidently opened a gash with it's paw under my eye & down my cheek (my bad on that).
Only a faint scar now - and I dont mind it a bit... reminds me of a great dog. :)