PDA

View Full Version : All our Florida peeps' batten downed ?

Ricekila
09-27-2022, 06:46 AM
Its gonna be the worst hurracain in 100 years -- they say up here ------ https://hosting.photobucket.com/albums/v667/RICEKILA/Smillies/.highres/jackoff.gif?width=590&height=370&fit=bounds (https://hosting.photobucket.com/albums/v667/RICEKILA/Smillies/.highres/jackoff.gif?width=590&height=370&fit=bounds)

At least bring in your lawn chairs & stake down your small dogs -- https://hosting.photobucket.com/albums/v667/RICEKILA/Smillies/.highres/rofl.gif?width=590&height=370&fit=bounds (https://hosting.photobucket.com/albums/v667/RICEKILA/Smillies/.highres/rofl.gif?width=590&height=370&fit=bounds)

hawgrider
09-27-2022, 06:56 AM
Sparky was getting ready a couple days ago.

BucketBack
09-27-2022, 07:38 AM
found this from a fakebook friend

https://scontent-ort2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/309121715_10225919423846456_6598680753214308551_n. jpg?_nc_cat=1&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=5cd70e&_nc_ohc=ah33dIqHDLgAX8nYNBi&_nc_oc=AQn2WZc-Uo1drW8TZ3g8hpqIaStHtwFjkcgbOkHOASN6bdh8zMPdI8toX2 TmlOFRkfw&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-1.xx&oh=00_AT-ZyuHLbJUZYyDhglVraNr5QP-RfNlK-LZqjeuk4dJCgQ&oe=63383011

Ricekila
09-27-2022, 08:50 AM
found this from a fakebook friend

https://scontent-ort2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/309121715_10225919423846456_6598680753214308551_n. jpg?_nc_cat=1&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=5cd70e&_nc_ohc=ah33dIqHDLgAX8nYNBi&_nc_oc=AQn2WZc-Uo1drW8TZ3g8hpqIaStHtwFjkcgbOkHOASN6bdh8zMPdI8toX2 TmlOFRkfw&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-1.xx&oh=00_AT-ZyuHLbJUZYyDhglVraNr5QP-RfNlK-LZqjeuk4dJCgQ&oe=63383011

You forgot NY --

"THE SKY IS FALLING"! -- https://hosting.photobucket.com/albums/v667/RICEKILA/Smillies/.highres/6100b375.gif?width=590&height=370&fit=bounds (https://hosting.photobucket.com/albums/v667/RICEKILA/Smillies/.highres/6100b375.gif?width=590&height=370&fit=bounds)

Mad Trapper
09-27-2022, 08:53 AM
I'd rather have the stuff I didn't need , than need the stuff I wish I had.

That said , weather reports/news are another hype for ratings. "The sky is falling"........but when they'll screw up the other way, the ole Man Weather will hit you hard.

Just last week they said, we were to have the first frost here. I covered up maters/peppers...etc. Didn't get frost, but I slept OK. A little grumpy next morning, at the the local broadcast "weather wench/bimbo". I also remember a "rain" forecast for Columbus Day weekend, we got 20" of snow in the hills.

Anyway if I was in Fla I'd be stocked up and away from the coast.

Slippy
09-27-2022, 09:13 AM
Growing up on the Gulf Coast, I've been in more than my share of hurricanes and tropical storms.

Often times, the wind event is the least of the problem. The rain/water/flooding is often far worse.

And, in most areas, it's the "low IQ, low impulse control natives" that must be dealt with after the storm passes. Dumbass people doing dumbass things can be far worse than wind and rain...

Mad Trapper
09-27-2022, 09:28 AM
Growing up on the Gulf Coast, I've been in more than my share of hurricanes and tropical storms.

Often times, the wind event is the least of the problem. The rain/water/flooding is often far worse.

And, in most areas, it's the "low IQ, low impulse control natives" that must be dealt with after the storm passes. Dumbass people doing dumbass things can be far worse than wind and rain...

Got the Slippy pikes sharp and ready for the scavengers Slippy?

This is how the Poles did the Tartar/Turk Hordes in 1600s......

Inor
09-27-2022, 09:43 AM
I was in Miami for hurricane Wilma. That sucked! I will never go through another hurricane again! Tornados, meh. Wildfires, "oh look at the pretty flames". Blizzards, "dry out your gloves and pass me the Rumplemintz", Hurricanes, not just "no" but "HELL NO!"

Ya'll southerners, be safe!

red442joe
09-27-2022, 10:41 AM
Got the Slippy pikes sharp and ready for the scavengers Slippy?

This is how the Poles did the Tartar/Turk Hordes in 1600s......

Are the piked still livin'? For a bit?

Joe

MountainGirl
09-27-2022, 10:43 AM
Yeah, Joe. That's the point.

Prepared One
09-27-2022, 11:19 AM

Yep, Living where I do I have been through more then a few Hurricanes and seen more then my fair share of dumbass people doing dumbass things. I always wished the storm would take those people right off the planet but they always seem to survive. Well, most do but a couple of dumbasses got their ass shot during Harvey trying to take other peoples shit. Gotta love Texas. :biglaugh:

I had everything ready and in place well before Harvey came ashore. I had nothing to do but drink beer, watch it rain and flood for 4 days.

The talking bobbleheads always say it is the storm of the century, until the next one comes along. Still, they deserve respect and caution. Nothing to take lightly.

Mad Trapper
09-27-2022, 11:41 AM

Pun intended!!!!

Are the piked still livin'? For a bit?

Joe

Yes, I've read accounts of the process. Pike inserted in the groin between legs and victim "drawn" into the pike using a team of horses. The base of the pike then placed into a hole and pike/victim erected roadside. The victim would slowly side deeper onto the pike by their own weight and sometimes last more than a day.

From Pan Michael A long read

Pan Michael: an historical novel of Poland, the Ukraine, and Turkey, by Henryk Sienkiewicz

"The hapless man took in these preparations at a glance; then, looking at the heavens, it is unknown why, he saw stars and the gleaming crescent of the moon.

“They will draw me on,” thought he.

And at once he closed his teeth so firmly that a spasm seized his jaws. Sweat came out on his forehead, and at the same time his face became cold, for the blood rushed away from it. Then it seemed to him that the earth was fleeing from under his shoulders, that his body was flying and flying into some fathomless abyss. For a while he lost consciousness of time, of place, and of what they were doing to him. The sergeant opened Azya’s mouth with a knife, and poured in more gorailka.

He coughed and spat out the burning liquor, but was forced to swallow some of it. Then he fell into a wonderful condition: he was not drunk; on the contrary, his mind had never been clearer, nor his thought quicker. He saw what they were doing, he understood everything; but an uncommon excitement seized him, as it were,—impatience that all was lasting so long, and that nothing was beginning yet.

Next heavy steps were heard near by, and before him stood Pan Adam. At sight of him all the veins in the Tartar quivered. Lusnia he did not fear; he despised him too much. But Pan Adam he did not despise; indeed, he had no reason to despise him; on the contrary, every look of his face filled Azya’s soul with a certain superstitious dread and repulsion. He thought to himself at that moment, “I am in his power; I fear him!” and that was such a terrible feeling that under its influence the hair stiffened on the head of Tugai Bey’s son.

“For what thou hast done, thou wilt perish in torment,” said Pan Adam.

The Tartar gave no answer, but began to pant audibly.

Novoveski withdrew, and then followed a silence which was broken by Lusnia.

“Thou didst raise thy hand on the lady,” said he, with a hoarse voice; “but now the lady is at home with her husband, and thou art in our hands. Thy hour has come!”

With those words the act of torture began for Azya. That terrible man learned at the hour of his death that his treason and cruelty had profited nothing. If even Basia had died on the road, he would have had the consolation that though not in his, she would not be in any man’s, possession; and that solace was taken from him just then, when the point of the stake was at an ell’s length from his body. All had been in vain. So many treasons, so much blood, so much impending punishment for nothing,—for nothing whatever!

Lusnia did not know how grievous those words had made death to Azya; had he known, he would have repeated them during the whole journey.

But there was no time for regrets then; everything must give way before the execution. Lusnia stooped down, and taking Azya’s hips in both his hands to give them direction, called to the men holding the horses,—

“Move! but slowly and together!”

The horses moved; the straightened ropes pulled Azya’s legs. In a twinkle his body was drawn along the earth and met the point of the stake. Then the point commenced to sink in him, and something dreadful began,—something repugnant to nature and the feelings of man. The bones of the unfortunate moved apart from one another; his body gave way in two directions; pain indescribable, so awful that it almost bounds on some monstrous delight, penetrated his being. The stake sank more and more deeply. Azya fixed his jaws, but he could not endure; his teeth were bared in a ghastly grin, and out of his throat came the cry, “A! a! a!” like the croaking of a raven.

“Slowly!” commanded the sergeant.

Azya repeated his terrible cry more and more quickly.

“Art croaking?” inquired the sergeant.

Then he called to the men,—

“Stop! together! There, it is done,” said he, turning to Azya, who had grown silent at once, and in whose throat only a deep rattling was heard.

The horses were taken out quickly; then men raised the stake, planted the large end of it in a hole prepared purposely, and packed earth around it. The son of Tugai Bey looked from above on that work. He was conscious. That hideous species of punishment is in this the more dreadful, that victims drawn on to the stake live sometimes three days. Azya’s head was hanging on his breast; his lips were moving, smacking, as if he were chewing something and tasting it. He felt then a great faintness, and saw before him, as it were, a boundless, whitish mist, which, it is unknown wherefore, seemed to him terrible; but in that mist he recognized the faces of the sergeant and the dragoons, he saw that he was on the stake, that the weight of his body was sinking him deeper and deeper. Then he began to grow numb from the feet, and began to be less and less sensitive to pain.

At times darkness hid from him that whitish mist; then he blinked with his one seeing eye, wishing to see and behold everything till death. His gaze passed with particular persistence from torch to torch, for it seemed to him that around each flame there was a rainbow circle.

But his torture was not ended; after a while the sergeant approached the stake with an auger in his hand, and cried to those standing near,—

“Lift me up.”

Two strong men raised him aloft. Azya began to look at him closely, blinking, as if he wished to know what kind of man was climbing up to his height. Then the sergeant said,—

“The lady knocked out one eye, and I promised myself to bore out the other.”

When he had said this, he put the point into the pupil, twisted once and a second time, and when the lid and delicate skin surrounding the eye were wound around the spiral of the auger, he jerked.

Then from the two eye-sockets of Azya two streams of blood flowed, and they flowed like two streams of tears down his face. His face itself grew pale and still paler. The dragoons extinguished the torches in silence, as if in shame that light had shone on a deed of such ghastliness; and from the crescent of the moon alone fell silvery though not very bright rays on the body of Azya. His head fell entirely on his breast; but his hands, bound to the oak staff, and enveloped in straw steeped in tar, were pointing toward the sky, as if that son of the Orient were calling the vengeance of the Turkish crescent on his executioners.

“To horse!” was heard from Pan Adam.

Before mounting the sergeant ignited, with the last torch, those uplifted hands of the Tartar; and the detachment moved toward Yampol. Amid the ruins of Rashkoff, in the night and the desert, Azya, the son of Tugai Bey, remained on the lofty stake, and he gleamed there a long time."

Big Ken
09-27-2022, 11:48 AM
Right now I'm at our second home in Dade City Florida, this will be my first hurricane, my wife is in Michigan, her mom is in the hospital and has been there for a few weeks, I think I've done everything possible with what I have. Wish me luck.

It's getting dark already, they're saying the rain will be starting tonight or early morning through Thursday night, expecting 12 - 14 inches in my area, of course do they really know?

https://i.imgur.com/6vXlGdV.jpg

Map

https://i.imgur.com/Vvlilf1.gif

T-Man 1066
09-27-2022, 12:00 PM
Right now I'm at our second home in Dade City Florida, this will be my first hurricane, my wife is in Michigan, her mom is in the hospital and has been there for a few weeks, I think I've done everything possible with what I have. Wish me luck.

It's getting dark already, they're saying the rain will be starting tonight or early morning through Thursday night, expecting 12 - 14 inches in my area, of course do they really know?

Keep us updated on things for as long as you have service!

Stay safe, watch out for the looters in the aftermath...

Big Ken
09-27-2022, 12:24 PM
Keep us updated on things for as long as you have service!

Stay safe, watch out for the looters in the aftermath...

Locked and Loaded! Thanks.

Inor
09-27-2022, 12:44 PM

Map

Stay safe!

If you have time before the storm gets there, bop down to the Tampa area and pick up some Philly Cheesesteaks at John Kruk's cheesesteak place. They are freakin' awesome! Get a couple extras to take home with you as well. They even do the fries with cheesewiz (like real Philly cheesesteak places). Definitely worth the drive!

Big Ken
09-27-2022, 02:03 PM
Stay safe!

If you have time before the storm gets there, bop down to the Tampa area and pick up some Philly Cheesesteaks at John Kruk's cheesesteak place. They are freakin' awesome! Get a couple extras to take home with you as well. They even do the fries with cheesewiz (like real Philly cheesesteak places). Definitely worth the drive!

Not sure about before but early next week I'll be in Tampa to get my wife a Tampa International, does sound good!

Slippy
09-27-2022, 04:21 PM
Be safe Big Ken!

Map

Slippy
09-27-2022, 04:26 PM
Kruk's got a Cheesesteak place in Tampa?!? Awesome! Always enjoyed watching him play the game as well as his down-home West Virginia sense of humor!

Stay safe!

Sparkyprep
09-27-2022, 07:06 PM
Just put new batteries in my EOTech, my weapon light, and my flashlight. Dropped the shutters over the windows, and filled the 100 gal. water tank. Test fired the generator. Prepper pantry is always stocked, as is the fuel reserves and survival gear. Good here. If you don't hear from me for a while, just means the power is out, UPS on the computer is dead, and the weather is still too bad to go fire up the generator. I'll be back soon. They are predicting up to 100 mph winds here. We should be fine. Oh yea, put the chickens in their coop, and dropped the storm shutters on the henhouse, too.

Sparkyprep
09-27-2022, 07:08 PM
Big Ken, you are going to see worse weather than me. Stay safe.

T-Man 1066
09-27-2022, 07:40 PM
Hang in there brother, prayers!

Update as you can...

Inor
09-27-2022, 07:43 PM
Kruk's got a Cheesesteak place in Tampa?!? Awesome! Always enjoyed watching him play the game as well as his down-home West Virginia sense of humor!

Yep! 3 of 'em! (I think he might be a little more successful than his old teammate Lenny Dykstra.)

https://kruks.com/

Big Ken
09-27-2022, 09:48 PM
Big Ken, you are going to see worse weather than me. Stay safe.

I put up anything that would fly away, I have about 60 gallons of stored water, I don't have a generator so if power stays out for more than a couple days I'll be cooking most of my freezer meat so steaks, hamburgers and hotdogs for few days, I do have enough propane, I really hope power outage is short term, Desantis says hes brought in about 30,000 extra power people from out of state.

You stay safe also, not sure what to expect but I guess I'll find out.

Box of frogs
09-28-2022, 04:12 AM
Good luck and Gods protection fellas.
Y’all should be getting it ashore this morning.
Update us when you can

BoF

Prepared One
09-28-2022, 06:14 AM
You guys hang tuff and watch the flooding. Going through a Hurricane is an experience, especially when it comes in at night. The whole house is groaning, you hear shit snapping and somethings hitting your house. You don't sleep and you keep looking out windows to check where the water is. My area always flooded but my house never did. Came close in a few storms. During Harvey I didn't have a lot of wind but we got 54" of rain in 4 days. I was ready to start moving shit upstairs when the storm bands stopped coming. I was lucky, but many in Houston lost everything as the flood waters kept rising. In other storms I have lost trees and fences, one shed, and a few broken windows.

Stay safe guys!

BucketBack
09-28-2022, 06:40 AM
Looking at a CAT 4 soon, batten down the hatches

Sparkyprep
09-28-2022, 07:12 AM
Slept like a baby last night

red442joe
09-28-2022, 07:19 AM

HEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE
I LOLd!
Good one.

Joe

red442joe
09-28-2022, 07:24 AM
Thanks for the read Angry Ambusher!

Joe

Big Ken
09-28-2022, 09:04 AM
Slept like a baby last night

Up early this morning and it was raining hard around 6am but now nothing, watching The Weather Channel and their saying it's not even ashore yet and the worst is yet to come, looks like it's coming ashore further south than first expected but will head north towards Orlando and then Daytona, that's when it will effect me I think as I'm about one hour or so west of Orlando and an hour north of Tampa, a picture out my window and it looks pretty calm with just light winds with on and off rain all morning so far, last night it looked worse as the clouds were darker and I thought it would start earlier, I guess the circle rotation changes things quickly, we'll see what happens later on.

https://i.imgur.com/ceIlrx2.jpg

Big Ken
09-28-2022, 09:05 AM
Opps, double tap.

Ricekila
09-28-2022, 11:29 AM
My good buddy Bug-out-Bill with the horsey farm ---- is well inland @ Palm City --- but with a storm surge of 18' ---- and his ass is about 13' --- I emailed him --

"You might wanna consider taking a row boat and lashing it to your chimney -- you and Wifey siting in it --

I'm just a little ray of sunshine -- ain't I --

Sparkyprep
09-28-2022, 01:04 PM
My good buddy Bug-out-Bill with the horsey farm ---- is well inland @ Palm City --- but with a storm surge of 18' ---- and his ass is about 13' --- I emailed him --

"You might wanna consider taking a row boat and lashing it to your chimney -- you and Wifey siting in it --

I'm just a little ray of sunshine -- ain't I --

Lol. Palm City!!!??? Small world. I am about 15 miles from Palm City. Same county. I used to party in Palm City when I was a teenager.

Ricekila
09-28-2022, 01:54 PM
Lol. Palm City!!!??? Small world. I am about 15 miles from Palm City. Same county. I used to party in Palm City when I was a teenager.

Even smaller world ---- when the ex-Wifey retired from UPS ---- Palm City -- about 5 minutes from Wild Bill ---

MountainGirl
09-28-2022, 02:51 PM
Posting this here too -
good YouTube link for watching live coverage:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=as5ktgoPLJc

Sparkyprep
09-28-2022, 04:57 PM
Power is still on. Wind is just now starting to pick up. Chilling out at the house.

Sparkyprep
09-28-2022, 04:58 PM
Even smaller world ---- when the ex-Wifey retired from UPS ---- Palm City -- about 5 minutes from Wild Bill ---

We still go to Palm City to grocery shop. (Our little town doesn't have a proper grocery store).

Ricekila
09-28-2022, 05:53 PM
We still go to Palm City to grocery shop. (Our little town doesn't have a proper grocery store).

If you see a tall woman walking in circles - drooling ----- say Hello --

Jester-ND
09-28-2022, 10:21 PM
I was in Miami for hurricane Wilma. That sucked! I will never go through another hurricane again! Tornados, meh. Wildfires, "oh look at the pretty flames". Blizzards, "dry out your gloves and pass me the Rumplemintz", Hurricanes, not just "no" but "HELL NO!"

Ya'll southerners, be safe!

mmmm Rumplemintz!!!!

Sparkyprep
09-29-2022, 05:11 AM
Power is out. UPS held up. Backup generator is running. I’ve got about 5 days of fuel. Hopefully, power will get restored by then, or, I can get more fuel.

Sparkyprep
09-29-2022, 05:12 AM
No structural damage the house, or the outbuildings. Got a few tree branches to saw up and drag to the burn pile.

Slippy
09-29-2022, 08:35 AM
Power is out. UPS held up. Backup generator is running. I’ve got about 5 days of fuel. Hopefully, power will get restored by then, or, I can get more fuel.

:thumb:

hawgrider
09-29-2022, 11:57 AM
We heard from Sparky this morning.
No word from Ken yet.
Couple million with out power
Videos coming in on the news looks like that Cat 4 did the smack down.

Piratesailor
09-29-2022, 12:34 PM
All my family and some friends live from Sarasota down to Naples.

I just received this from my cousins wife:

No power, no cellular although mine just popped up and no water. Trying clean up some and head my sisters on east coast . The sanibel bridge is gone sanibel. captiva and ft myers beach downtown anialated. Were ok. Just beat damage

Slippy
09-29-2022, 01:19 PM
All my family and some friends live from Sarasota down to Naples.

I just received this from my cousins wife:

No power, no cellular although mine just popped up and no water. Trying clean up some and head my sisters on east coast . The sanibel bridge is gone sanibel. captiva and ft myers beach downtown anialated. Were ok. Just beat damage

Yes sir, heard it was pretty bad. Son2, Lineman for Major Southeastern US Power Company says they have allocated plenty of resources for Florida. He's a Lineman Supervisor in North GA so he (probably) won't make the trip to Florida for this storm, but his crews will be on storm duty and he'll be left with skeleton crew...Either way, his OT just went up big-time.

Prayers for the Lineman, storm work can be a bitch...

Son2 just sent me a text regarding the situation. he's a man of few words and he wrote simply; ITS BAD

Piratesailor
09-29-2022, 03:00 PM
Bless the lineman. My father in law was one.

Yeah just heard from another cousin. Fubar.

Sparkyprep
09-29-2022, 05:53 PM
West coast in the Ft. Meyers area was annihilated. It will be YEARS to rebuild. Millions of people will have to move. Entire cities have been washed or blown away, completely. I am fine. Still waiting on the power company to restore power. I got today off, but I go in tomorrow morning to get dispatch orders. I can only assume I am headed for Ft. Meyers to restore any damage to our power plant there.

MountainGirl
09-29-2022, 05:57 PM
West coast in the Ft. Meyers area was annihilated. It will be YEARS to rebuild. Millions of people will have to move. Entire cities have been washed or blown away, completely. I am fine. Still waiting on the power company to restore power. I got today off, but I go in tomorrow morning to get dispatch orders. I can only assume I am headed for Ft. Meyers to restore any damage to our power plant there.

Stay safe and good luck to you. Keep in touch as you can. (((hugs)))

Big Ken
09-29-2022, 07:51 PM
We heard from Sparky this morning.
No word from Ken yet.
Couple million with out power
Videos coming in on the news looks like that Cat 4 did the smack down.

The worst for me was last night, lost power, cable and internet, I stored water, saved empty water bottles and refiled them with tap and then froze them to keep the freezer cold and it worked, less then 12 hours everything was back on, only cleaning I had to do was clean up neighbors stuff that blew in my yard no damage to the house and helped others clean up, the hurricane also blew out the hot weather, spent a lot of time outdoors.

I didn't know just how bad the southern counties got hit until the power came back, goodness, it's going to take months or longer to clean that up, even though at the time I was cussing I had no power then that all changed to, damn we were lucky after watching the news.

hawgrider
09-29-2022, 08:07 PM
The worst for me was last night, lost power, cable and internet, I stored water, saved empty water bottles and refiled them with tap and then froze them to keep the freezer cold and it worked, less then 12 hours everything was back on, only cleaning I had to do was clean up neighbors stuff that blew in my yard no damage to the house and helped others clean up, the hurricane also blew out the hot weather, spent a lot of time outdoors.

I didn't know just how bad the southern counties got hit until the power came back, goodness, it's going to take months or longer to clean that up, even though at the time I was cussing I had no power then that all changed to, damn we were lucky after watching the news.

Excellent Big Ken glad you and your property survived.

Slippy
09-30-2022, 06:55 AM
Some of the pics I've seen of Ft Myers are horrible. Looks like damage is pretty bad.

Building Materials pricing will move upwards in this part of the country as some panic buying will begin. Seen this way too many times in the past.

Box of frogs
09-30-2022, 07:30 AM
Glad to hear our Fl brothers are all good

BoF

Sparkyprep
10-01-2022, 05:38 AM
I’m on the road in ft. Meyers. Wife says power is back on at the house. Our power plant here is surprisingly ok. Just gotta fix a few minor things. I’ll probably be home by Monday. Sleeping at the power plant on a cot, because there are no hotels available. I can only describe the Ft. Meyers area as “apocalyptic “.

Box of frogs
10-01-2022, 07:24 AM
Got a email from a friend in Ft Meyers.
They had no damage, just a tree down and a lot of debris to pick up.
House was untouched by the debris and wind.
They are about 15-20 minutes from the shoreline.
BoF

Ricekila
10-09-2022, 08:51 AM
I’ve got about 5 days of fuel. Hopefully, power will get restored by then, or, I can get more fuel.

When we had Sandy blow by --- even though I had oodles of stored gas -- then we had 3 cars --- all the tanks were topped off ---- the one that was worse on gas ----- didn't move for a month --- emergence back up ---- when 2 - 5 gal. cans were emptied --- I go on the great gas search --

Even though you have it --- always look for more --

Ricekila
10-09-2022, 08:56 AM
I’m on the road in ft. Meyers. Wife says power is back on at the house. Our power plant here is surprisingly ok. Just gotta fix a few minor things. I’ll probably be home by Monday. Sleeping at the power plant on a cot, because there are no hotels available. I can only describe the Ft. Meyers area as “apocalyptic “.

I'll send you a can of spam ---- is there total devastation in Stuart FLA near the river ?

Sparkyprep
10-10-2022, 07:42 PM
I'll send you a can of spam ---- is there total devastation in Stuart FLA near the river ?

Sorry. Nope. Stuart is fine. Very little impact there. I’m sure the ex is fine. Lol.

Ricekila
10-11-2022, 12:07 AM
Sorry. Nope. Stuart is fine. Very little impact there. I’m sure the ex is fine. Lol.

SHIT !