PDA

View Full Version : The Government Is About To Take Over The Internet

hawgrider
02-20-2015, 06:31 AM
President Obama has been urging the FCC to declare ‘the internet’ a Title II utility under ‘the Communications Act’ – a government takeover.

The internet will not remain an open internet once the government essentially takes it over – and regulates it. When government bureaucrats and politicians get their hands on private enterprise (or pretty much anything) – in this case, the internet – it will cause great harm to an open Internet, competition, innovation, and eventually – FREE SPEECH – in my opinion.

The FCC will apparently be voting on FEB-26. You and I though, we have no say whatsoever.

It gets worse… http://modernsurvivalblog.com/government-gone-wild/the-government-is-about-to-take-over-the-internet/#more-39357

justlooking
02-20-2015, 09:10 AM
****ing A! Really. I hate shit like this

justlooking
02-20-2015, 09:11 AM
Ideas on pulling as much of my info off as soon as I can

hawgrider
02-20-2015, 09:13 AM
****ing A! Really. I hate shit like thisIts like a snowball rolling down the mountain.... Our Guns, Our Ammo, Our children, Out free will!

justlooking
02-20-2015, 09:19 AM
It ****ing pisses me off.

My children deserve a free America. All the rights and opportunities other generations before them had

I'm tired of the pansy assed liberals taking freedoms. And the whining about things not being fair from the ****ing welfare do nothing sit on their lazy asses waste of space morons. They are ruining the country for everyone

You know life is not fair. And no one has been promised anything here. Except the chance to make something of themselves. But I feel like a liar everytime I tell my children that they live in the greatest country on earth and if they work hard enough and do their best they can do anything they want

justlooking
02-20-2015, 09:23 AM
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=17MyPrAEQ28

We need more of this

hawgrider
02-20-2015, 09:29 AM
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=17MyPrAEQ28

We need more of thisThat damn near brought a tear to my eye!

Aww Fuck it. It did bring a tear to my eye.....

justlooking
02-20-2015, 09:34 AM
That damn near brought a tear to my eye!

Aww Fuck it. It did bring a tear to my eye.....
It is my very favorite part. Liberty is to precious to ignore.

Inor
02-20-2015, 10:46 AM
This not a surprise. You do not need to dig any deeper than doing a little research on the current head of the FCC, Tom Wheeler, to understand how this is happening. Here are just a few bullet points on Wheeler's career to help you understand how we got to the point of the government regulating and monitoring what we can say online.

Unlike most Obama appointees, Wheeler did actually work in private industry for a while. He was president of a company called NABU Network. NABU Network was pretty cool for the time. It ran from 1982-1985. It was a network connection that ran over the cable TV connection. It was only available in Ottawa, Ontario and was HEAVILY subsidized and HEAVILY regulated by the Canadian government. EVen so, Wheeler was not able to make the company financially viable and it went broke in 1985.

A few years later he went on to become CEO of a trade organization called Cellular Telephone Internet Association. The CTIA is primarily a lobbying group for the telecommunications industry. Prior to Wheeler taking the helm, CTIA was actually a pretty good group. They were instrumental in passing the Electronic Communications Monitoring Act which prohibits most of what the NSA is presently doing to American citizens. Under Wheeler's reign, the CTIA took a decided turn towards statism and state controlled communications. In 2009, under Wheeler, CTIA lobbied heavily for the FCC to prohibit traditional over-the-air television broadcasts to force folks to buy cable or satellite service to even get their local TV station.

Wheeler is a really bad dude. It does not take much digging to figure out he made all of his money either by direct government subsidies or by doing venture capital deals based on insider information that he had regarding future government regulation. It kind of makes you wonder why he was confirmed UNANIMOUSLY by the Senate in November 2013 to head the FCC... Nothing from this statist degenerate surprises me.