PDA

View Full Version : Hall closet doors

Sasquatch
02-05-2023, 08:02 PM
We had some ugly looking original hall closet doors and I've been meaning to make new ones. Well I finally took the time, built them and got them up. Haven't put the hardware on yet. I'm pretty happy with the results.

Next up we have an old furnace closet that is now just a closet. It's double doors and they swing out blocking the hallway. I'm going to make it into a sliding barn door like I did for our kitchen pantry.

1skrewsloose
02-05-2023, 08:52 PM
Nice work, honestly, I have a hard time hammering a nail, but can do a bunch of other stuff pretty good. Just never got the hang of wood work.

T-Man 1066
02-05-2023, 08:59 PM
We had some ugly looking original hall closet doors and I've been meaning to make new ones. Well I finally took the time, built them and got them up. Haven't put the hardware on yet. I'm pretty happy with the results.

Next up we have an old furnace closet that is now just a closet. It's double doors and they swing out blocking the hallway. I'm going to make it into a sliding barn door like I did for our kitchen pantry.

You will have to counterweight the doors to slide vertically like in your pics!!! :flamer:

Dwight55
02-05-2023, 11:08 PM
Darn good job(s)

I've made similar doors . . . one to my leather shop . . . solid 2 x 8 all the way thru.

Alphabet boy will go to ER if he comes to try and kick that one open.

I really like the slider. . .

May God bless,
Dwght

Slippy
02-06-2023, 01:25 AM

Love the doors.

Hate that they are sideways.

Inor
02-06-2023, 08:05 AM
:potd:

Excellent work! Atta Boy!

For those of ya'll that are not wood guys, Making doors seems like it would be simple; they are just a flat slab right? Doors, especially full size doors can be tricky as hell. Getting them to hang right AND look good, like the Squatch did here, requires some real skill.

(I have to make some full size doors of my own later this week and am NOT looking forward to it.)