PDA

View Full Version : Fish Mox

Inor
03-02-2023, 09:58 PM
I happened across a story, which I cannot seem to be able to find again for blood or money, that mentioned a lot of veterinary medicines like Fish Mox and Ivermectin will no longer be available without a vet's prescription starting mid-June. I know Amazon stopped selling Fish Mox a while ago, but now the feds are stepping in and making some new regulation making it illegal to buy them over the counter anywhere.

If you normally keep a supply of common antibiotics on hand, now might be a good time to stock up.

StratBastard
03-02-2023, 10:23 PM
I happened across a story, which I cannot seem to be able to find again for blood or money, that mentioned a lot of veterinary medicines like Fish Mox and Ivermectin will no longer be available without a vet's prescription starting mid-June. I know Amazon stopped selling Fish Mox a while ago, but now the feds are stepping in and making some new regulation making it illegal to buy them over the counter anywhere.

If you normally keep a supply of common antibiotics on hand, now might be a good time to stock up.

Thomas Labs Fish Mox disappeared everywhere... every site listed it as "out of stock". I found an alternate: Aqua-Mox.

Inor
03-02-2023, 10:57 PM
Thomas Labs Fish Mox disappeared everywhere... every site listed it as "out of stock". I found an alternate: Aqua-Mox.

Our local feed mill has amoxicillin in stock but none of the others. I am wondering if I should make a run for the border since all of them (the human versions) are available over the counter in Mexico...

StratBastard
03-03-2023, 12:28 AM
Our local feed mill has amoxicillin in stock but none of the others. I am wondering if I should make a run for the border since all of them (the human versions) are available over the counter in Mexico...

Let me know if you do, 'cuz I have a long grocery list you can pick up for me. :biglaugh:

BucketBack
03-03-2023, 06:03 AM
We bought some penicillin at TSC yesterday, for the Taco Bell dog. They said buy it now, or see the doc or vet in June

SOCOM42
03-03-2023, 06:56 AM

I heard the same thing about a year ago, don't remember where either, but it is real.

If I did not have any I would be ordering it now, that fish-mox claims it has it in stock.

Next they will be requiring a script for Tylenol, they want to control everything about you. Social credits are coming for you soon.

I get the 500's from the PCP twice a year, 60 at a time, co-pay is like $3.45, get two refills at a time. they go right into the freezer.

I got an ear infection one time(of 3) about 20 years ago, from a wisdom tooth remnant, they put me on script level Ibuprofen for the pain.

And something else for the infection, don't remember now.

That IBU shit shut down my kidneys, almost died from a secondary, the infection permanently reduced my hearing by 60% in that ear.

It also closed up the ear canal by a half for good.

Now, whenever I get a hint of it coming back, I go right on the AMOX.

Mine are stored @ 30 below 0 F.

Today, I am like all of you, brother is retired and gave up his fed "stamp".

But there is enough meds in the freezer to last my kids lifetime, who cares about mine.

The one reputable place overseas that I have dealt with in the past is now gone, part of the same crackdown.

GET EM NOW!!!!!

MountainGirl
03-03-2023, 07:20 AM

Just make sure you can get back in - with or without contraband.

BucketBack
03-03-2023, 07:25 AM
TSC has Fish Mox online for $27.49 for 100 of 500 mg's

eta- with a srcipt from the vet. $75 here is small town USA, next town over is $150 for a visit.

#2 -(Fish Mox Forte Equivalent) Aqua Amoxicillin Plus - 500 mg - 100 Count -$38.99 USD $42.99 USD

https://fishmoxfishflex.com/collections/amoxicillin-fish-antibiotics/products/fish-mox-forte-equivalent-aqua-amoxicillin-plus-500-mg-100-counthttps://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0075/1340/7585/products/moxforte_482x482.jpg?v=1625849510

It's looks very much like the Thomas Labs bottles next to it .

Chiefster23
03-03-2023, 07:26 AM
Fishmoxfishflex.com has an 8 pack of the most common antibiotics for about $400. Not cheap, but invaluable if you need em. I have a pretty good stash already, but considering buying this assortment too. When the chicoms invade Taiwan, our med supply is going to take a serious hit. If the baby formula fiasco is any indicator, it will take a long time for our supply to reup………… if ever!

BucketBack
03-03-2023, 08:08 AM
I heard the same thing about a year ago, don't remember where either, but it is real.

If I did not have any I would be ordering it now, that fish-mox claims it has it in stock.

Next they will be requiring a script for Tylenol, they want to control everything about you. Social credits are coming for you soon.

I get the 500's from the PCP twice a year, 60 at a time, co-pay is like $3.45, get two refills at a time. they go right into the freezer.

I got an ear infection one time(of 3) about 20 years ago, from a wisdom tooth remnant, they put me on script level Ibuprofen for the pain.

And something else for the infection, don't remember now.

That IBU shit shut down my kidneys, almost died from a secondary, the infection permanently reduced my hearing by 60% in that ear.

It also closed up the ear canal by a half for good.

Now, whenever I get a hint of it coming back, I go right on the AMOX.

Mine are stored @ 30 below 0 F.

Today, I am like all of you, brother is retired and gave up his fed "stamp".

But there is enough meds in the freezer to last my kids lifetime, who cares about mine.

The one reputable place overseas that I have dealt with in the past is now gone, part of the same crackdown.

GET EM NOW!!!!!

IBU use and ear issues is good to know about . I'm not sure that's on the warning label that I never read.

1skrewsloose
03-03-2023, 08:44 AM
On the news lately they were warning tourists to Mexico to beware about buying meds, they tested some commonly bought meds and they all were cut with fentynal. This was stuff you buy right off the street.

Prepared One
03-03-2023, 09:49 AM
Fishmoxfishflex.com has an 8 pack of the most common antibiotics for about $400. Not cheap, but invaluable if you need em. I have a pretty good stash already, but considering buying this assortment too. When the chicoms invade Taiwan, our med supply is going to take a serious hit. If the baby formula fiasco is any indicator, it will take a long time for our supply to reup………… if ever!

I notice all of the in stock Fish Mox says equivalent. (Fish Mox Forte Equivalent - Aqua Amoxicillin Plus - 500 mg 30 Count) Will that work the same I wonder?

Mad Trapper
03-03-2023, 10:06 AM
These refs are handy to have.

Animal antibiotics and use/dosage of common antibiotics.

I need to get going on this before June

StratBastard
03-04-2023, 12:59 AM
On the news lately they were warning tourists to Mexico to beware about buying meds, they tested some commonly bought meds and they all were cut with fentynal. This was stuff you buy right off the street.

It's everywhere, and in everything. And accounts for most of the overdoses we hear about. A small handful of youngsters back east died, because they bought some fake Xanax in a park that was laced with this stuff. The Mexicans have a huge cottage industry now with fake pill mills, pressing them out night and day: looks just like a kosher pharma drug, but it's just a bunch of filler and Fentanyl. Heroin sold on the streets is cut with Fentanyl as well, because it's cheaper. Nobody knows what they are getting each time they buy... but being addicts, they buy it anyway. These fake drugs are being manufactured in volume in Mexico and here in the states as well. With a difference of less than even 1% being possibly lethal, ask yourself just how strictly methodical a drug ring could manage quality control utilizing peasant workers to do it: one bag gets 3 grains, another gets 5. Lots more people are going to die.

BucketBack
03-04-2023, 06:22 AM
Mt attitude has changed greatly when dealing with Hispanics.

My previous experience was at the Catholic church, where all were proper, including me.

Now, the last year I have interacted with the ignorant, lazy, rude, entitled, drug running P.O.S.

That experience has left me, well, very able to pre-judge the group around here.

MountainGirl
03-04-2023, 07:35 AM
It's everywhere, and in everything. And accounts for most of the overdoses we hear about. A small handful of youngsters back east died, because they bought some fake Xanax in a park that was laced with this stuff. The Mexicans have a huge cottage industry now with fake pill mills, pressing them out night and day: looks just like a kosher pharma drug, but it's just a bunch of filler and Fentanyl. Heroin sold on the streets is cut with Fentanyl as well, because it's cheaper. Nobody knows what they are getting each time they buy... but being addicts, they buy it anyway. These fake drugs are being manufactured in volume in Mexico and here in the states as well. With a difference of less than even 1% being possibly lethal, ask yourself just how strictly methodical a drug ring could manage quality control utilizing peasant workers to do it: one bag gets 3 grains, another gets 5. Lots more people are going to die.

Thanks for this. PO? You copy?

I notice all of the in stock Fish Mox says equivalent. (Fish Mox Forte Equivalent - Aqua Amoxicillin Plus - 500 mg 30 Count) Will that work the same I wonder?

BucketBack
03-04-2023, 08:06 AM
I got tracking yesterday from FishFlex. I'm flexing at the gym in a few minnows, so grammar is OK

Prepared One
03-04-2023, 09:19 AM
Thanks for this. PO? You copy?

10/4 :thumb:

Chiefster23
03-04-2023, 01:32 PM
Going thru my stock of antibiotics and med supplies. I have quite a bunch of the vet and fish antibiotics. I even found the 8-pack of fish meds I mentioned above. I don’t even remember buying them although I suspect it was in 2020 as I stocked up on a whole bunch of stuff just prior to the election. So I am set pretty well. I also have a good supply of medical and first aid supplies, everything needed up to stitching up a nasty cut/wound or treating a non-lethal bullet wound. Anything more serious than that and we are screwed unless we find a doctor. I’m ok with that.

SOCOM42
03-04-2023, 01:43 PM
Going thru my stock of antibiotics and med supplies. I have quite a bunch of the vet and fish antibiotics. I even found the 8-pack of fish meds I mentioned above. I don’t even remember buying them although I suspect it was in 2020 as I stocked up on a whole bunch of stuff just prior to the election. So I am set pretty well. I also have a good supply of medical and first aid supplies, everything needed up to stitching up a nasty cut/wound or treating a non-lethal bullet wound. Anything more serious than that and we are screwed unless we find a doctor. I’m ok with that.

You should freeze any dry meds, fridge liquid ones.

I have IV bags in the fridge, half of a chest freezer is filled with meds, it is at 30 below 0 F.

Chiefster23
03-04-2023, 01:49 PM
I can certainly freeze em, at zero degrees?

SOCOM42
03-04-2023, 02:15 PM
I can certainly freeze em, at zero degrees?

Yes, the lower the better, as said mine are at 30 below.

The ideal would be with cryogenic suspension, like they do with sperm.

I have tested Amox that was 10 years old at the time in a petri dish with with staph A,

and was still good as the control Amox that was new here.

BucketBack
03-06-2023, 09:17 AM
FishMox will be here Tuesday, too late for Cocoa. We were still giving the meds from the vet, just looking for more.

Anyway the gal at Family Farm and Home had us giving her Ensure, (Gatorade in place of since I had it in stock) Pedialyte, and said do penicillin after meds run out .

Sounds about the same as for human flu / beer flu symptoms

So I buried Cocoa in the clay this am, with Gambit officiating. Having a cold one(s)

Jester-ND
03-07-2023, 09:16 PM

can you send me a link to where you found this?

Mad Trapper
03-08-2023, 08:03 AM

@Jester-ND, I don't have original sources. I checked my files and I downloaded/saved those in 2015. I imagine the sites have changed or are no longer active, I didn't bookmark them.

As with any medicine be careful and these are internet sources. Some people can have bad reactions to some antibiotics. I saved those files to have as a reference, as it indicated dosages and effectiveness of certain antibiotics, and common veterinary sources. I'm not a MD so as any internet info use at own risk. Note vet source availability and formulations/sources may have changed.

The purpose of this thread gave everyone a heads up to upcoming changes in availability to animal meds.

I wish I had an updated hard copy of a PDR. It used to be free online but that got taken away 2010.

Note the PDR is put out by BIG PHARMA. I imagine content has been corrupted since earlier editions. I need to track down an old hard copy.

Chiefster23
03-08-2023, 01:05 PM

These charts came from a SURVIVAL MEDICINE INFECTION WORKSHOP dated 2014. That’s all the info I have. No links. Perhaps you can use this info to find the original article.

Jester-ND
03-08-2023, 04:13 PM

bigwheel
03-08-2023, 07:28 PM
Not healthy for Gringos down there. I would skip it.

StratBastard
03-08-2023, 10:08 PM
Most of the Fish Mox types come in either 250 or 500 mg capsules... because that's how they're made for humans too. Same pill, off the same production line, same manufacturing codes. They just dump some in containers for pharmacies, and others in containers for fish shops. The Thomas Labs Fish Mox is gone, but the Aqua Mox is still around.

Dosage for Amox as follows:

Initial dose 1000 mg (two 500 mg pills). Another 500 in evening.
for the following 6 days take one 500 in the morning, and one 500 in the evening.

This is the protocol I have been given every time I was prescribed it.

BucketBack
03-09-2023, 06:26 AM
FishMoxFishFlex had my order in my mailbox on Tuesday

Chiefster23
03-09-2023, 12:12 PM
https://prepschooldaily.blogspot.com/2019/10/antibiotic-chart-to-guide-acquisition.html
This might be what you are looking for jester

Mad Trapper
03-09-2023, 02:06 PM

If you can't see the attachments, PM me and I'll send you copies of the files.