PDA

View Full Version : Early this coming week is going to be a beauty!

Inor
03-25-2023, 11:10 PM
This coming week is setting up to be a real peach in the financial markets.

We had the 4 small-medium sized banks collapse in the U.S. a couple weeks ago. Then we had Credit Suisse completely implode and they were bought out by UBS. Friday, Deutsche Bank finally started their death spiral. (Neither Credit Suisse nor Deutsche Bank were a surprise; the only surprise is that they took this long to finally die.) Another big European bank to keep an eye on this week is Societe Generale.

This weekend Janet Yellen (The Shrew) called a big meeting of the Fed, the major U.S. banks and the Federal Government to try and stave off a complete collapse of the entire financial sector in the United States because they are starting to see the writing on the wall and there is no way out of the mess they put us in. Watch closely when they start announcing the results of this weekend's meetings as it will tell you everything that is going to happen over the next 6 or so months.

The Fed is in a really BAD situation right now. They claim to be done with the interest rate hikes, but if they are going to get inflation under control they are going to have to raise rates at least another 1-2%. But even if they leave the rates where they are now for the next 6-12 months, there will be a bloodbath in the major banks. They have absolutely NO good options right now.

The federal government, for its part, wants to go on a MASSIVE spending binge. That will do nothing but stoke inflation even more.

I think this may be it boys and girls. I think we are starting the final death spiral for the Federal Reserve Note as we currently know it. These things do not usually move fast, but by the end of this week we should know if the petro-dollar will survive the summer, only to blow up in 2-3 years, or if it will go down in flames by August. If the Fed decides to restart QE-Infinity by reducing interest rates, look for hyper inflation by the end of the summer. If they instead decide to hold rates steady or even raise them, we will start a long, slow slog into a significant recession/depression led by the financial sector.

Fun fun fun 'till her daddy took the T-Bird away!

Dwight55
03-26-2023, 06:44 AM
Sounds like some good reasons for a good little garden this summer . . .

Get out the pressure canners . . .

Reload in the evenings . . .

Spend some time on our knees in prayer . . .

May God bless,
Dwight

T-Man 1066
03-26-2023, 07:53 AM
Raising interest rates will kill the housing market. Nobody is going to move and lose their 3% mortgage rate to buy another house at 8%. It would double your total cost for a sideways move!

Slippy
03-26-2023, 08:06 AM
Raising interest rates will kill the housing market. Nobody is going to move and lose their 3% mortgage rate to buy another house at 8%. It would double your total cost for a sideways move!

The multi-family market is strong now and this will just stoke that fire.

Strangely, and against all historical fundamentals, the new housing construction market is strong as a Bear's Breath. Permits, Starts and Completions are all hovering around a seasonally adjusted 1.5 million level. STRONG. But makes no sense.

https://www.census.gov/construction/nrc/current/index.html

hawgrider
03-26-2023, 08:14 AM

I need the housing market to melt down. It better hurry up!

T-Man 1066
03-26-2023, 08:27 AM
I need the housing market to melt down. It better hurry up!

I would bet that people with cash will be able to buy up some properties for very good prices here real soon.

Prepared One
03-26-2023, 09:33 AM
The Fed is between a rock and a hard place with no place to turn. They all saw this coming years ago and did nothing to prepare for it. Those having to pay mortgage payments and bills are in for a world of hurt. I would anticipate unemployment will be on the rise as well. All the while that stupid bastard in the White House will tell them it's going to be OK. We just need to to tax the rich more, go green, and spend more of your tax dollars on government maintenance programs. Don't buy it, it's a scam and always has been. It's not going to be OK. Dementia Joe and every other bureaucrat and politician in Washington should be waked out to the wood chippers.

MG and I are as prepared as we can be. Money in the bank, property, house, and vehicles paid for with no real bills except taxes and utilities. Dot your I's and cross your T's guys and gals, it's going to get frosty.

Big Ken
03-26-2023, 09:55 AM
Isn't FedNow going to kick off the first of April also?

MountainGirl
03-26-2023, 09:56 AM

Yep.

BucketBack
03-27-2023, 06:53 AM
Well that's that a All Fools Days Joke.

MountainGirl
03-27-2023, 08:48 AM

Yep.

Belay that answer.
Something starts Apr 1 - Not sure now what.

KnuteFartne
03-27-2023, 09:13 AM
Trumps fault.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

MountainGirl
03-31-2023, 03:16 PM
China & Brazil agree to ditch US Dollar in new trade deal.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/brazil-china-strike-trade-deal-agreement-ditch-us-dollar

BucketBack
03-31-2023, 04:59 PM
US told it's citizens to flee Russia per the daily dose of doom and gloom per CP