PDA

View Full Version : Oak Tree Green Slime

BucketBack
05-25-2023, 06:22 AM
After parking under a tree for a hour at Mom's trailer, my sneezing and wheezing, from oak pollen had me making a Doc appointment for new allergy meds.

I thought of this song or the I've been slimed by ghostbusters

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRnNDkHb0MU

I've suffered for years, and the video is true also.

Slippy
05-25-2023, 06:57 AM
Oak Pollen, Pine Pollen, Grass Pollen's ALL GONE AT SLIPPY LODGE! A glorious afternoon yesterday with relative low humidity and blue Skys. Non-Drowsy OTC meds work for me and Mrs S.

Life is good at Slippy Lodge!

MountainGirl
05-25-2023, 09:17 AM
Oak Pollen, Pine Pollen, Grass Pollen's ALL GONE AT SLIPPY LODGE! A glorious afternoon yesterday with relative low humidity and blue Skys. Non-Drowsy OTC meds work for me and Mrs S.

Beautiful !!

Prepared One
05-25-2023, 09:33 AM

Been pretty nice here at Ten Oaks as well. Pollen is gone, high 70's low 80's, cool nights, and the humidity isn't to bad either. The kind of weather you move to Texas for. (Sigh) Sadly, June is coming. Hurricane season starts and I know the heat is on it's way.

T-Man 1066
05-25-2023, 10:43 AM
I believe we are past pollen and wasp season, and moving right thru mosquito and dog pecker flea season.

BucketBack
05-25-2023, 12:20 PM
I found a tick on my right butt cheek after showering Wednesday AM

Slippy
05-25-2023, 01:18 PM
I found a tick on my right butt cheek after showering Wednesday AM

NO PICS.

REPEAT; No Pics...:behindsofa:

T-Man 1066
05-25-2023, 01:55 PM
Yea, fk'n ticks. Deer ticks, seed ticks, ticks with big teeth, gay ticks, democrat ticks, all sorts of ticks. Hate em. I have picked off 7 or 8 already this season.

Box of frogs
05-25-2023, 07:30 PM
Yup.
It’s a weekly event here.
They make a flea and tick chew for dogs, why not people ???

Inor
05-25-2023, 08:52 PM
We are in the last of the mesquite pollen here. (Pollen season seems to run from early March until mid-June!) No ticks though - too dry. I definitely DO NOT miss them from MN!

Inor
05-25-2023, 08:53 PM

The digs are looking REALLY sharp! Well done!

BucketBack
05-30-2023, 06:35 AM
I've been on Amoxicillin twice a day, and Singular in addition to my other allergy meds.

I think I've had the sinus infection all this time I thought I was getting the Beer Flu.

Told the doc that I live with 3 -4 dogs , sometimes a cat, and across from a corn field being worked.

He said no more bowhunting his cornfield if it's messing with my sinuses .:shitstorm:

Slippy
05-30-2023, 12:27 PM
Did any of you knuckleheads know that a steroid shot increases blood glucose levels?

Got a steroid shot then bloodwork a week later and after eating virtually zero carbs, my blood glucose levels were 105. Normally 90 to 95.

Thought that was interesting.

BucketBack
05-30-2023, 03:51 PM
I've been hanging out in gyms for awhile. You can tell who takes 'roids in the locker room.

Slippy
05-30-2023, 04:32 PM
I've been hanging out in gyms for awhile. You can tell who takes 'roids in the locker room.

Personally witnessed Bill Kazmeijer (Worlds Strongest Man) bench 633 in Auburn, AL. I don't think Kaz took 'roids.

https://encyclopediaofalabama.org/article/bill-kazmaier/

SOCOM42
05-30-2023, 04:45 PM
I've been on Amoxicillin twice a day, and Singular in addition to my other allergy meds.

I think I've had the sinus infection all this time I thought I was getting the Beer Flu.

Told the doc that I live with 3 -4 dogs , sometimes a cat, and across from a corn field being worked.

He said no more bowhunting his cornfield if it's messing with my sinuses .:shitstorm:

Was it straight Amoxycillin or Amoxycillin/ Clavulanic acid combo???

The clav is what is needed in it for sinus infections.

Did the doc. do a WBC on you first?

My WBC was so high that it was uncountable, they did eosinophils.

Was on the amox/clav. 500's for twenty days.

I tried to do a count on myself, the Neubauer was filled like with bird shot.

I live with three dogs in and two outside,

they don't seem to bother me except when they bring pollen in on their coats.

SOCOM42
05-30-2023, 04:47 PM
Did any of you knuckleheads know that a steroid shot increases blood glucose levels?

Got a steroid shot then bloodwork a week later and after eating virtually zero carbs, my blood glucose levels were 105. Normally 90 to 95.

Thought that was interesting.

Mine are always at 105-106, not been lower in 25 years.

No steroids used here, LOL!

Slippy
05-30-2023, 05:25 PM
Mine are always at 105-106, not been lower in 25 years.

No steroids used here, LOL!

Mine was cortisone for messed up joints, not the anabolic weightlifter type! HA!

Inor
05-30-2023, 07:27 PM
I don't think I've ever had steroids... At least I don't think I've ever had them unless they gave them to me without my knowledge. But before I broke my leg, I had not been to doctor in about 15 years. I heard those steroids break your pecker and there's no way I'm taking the chance with that! With my luck, they would make my pecker fall off! If they made steroids that grew extra peckers, I might take those. It would be pretty cool to grow 5 peckers; I've always wanted my pants to fit like a glove.

Box of frogs
05-30-2023, 07:38 PM
I have a wonderful affliction called PMR
Polymyalgia rheumatica, the cure is long term steroid therapy. Prednisone is the pill of choice.
They start you at a high dose and ween you down to a fraction of a tablet. Therapy goes for 9 - 12 months before they take you off.

I didn’t break my pecker or grow and extra one.
I do remember not having a single allergy symptom that year.

SOCOM42
05-30-2023, 09:07 PM
Mine was cortisone for messed up joints, not the anabolic weightlifter type! HA!

Mine is for type 2 Diabetes, they say it is in a pre-diabetic range.

I gave up finger stabbing 15 years ago, chased my tail with it.

Every three months it gets checked, stays within the 105-106 range all the time.

I have 3 years of Metformin stored for it, could turn it into 6 if needed.

Brother helped out with meds of all sorts.

StratBastard
05-30-2023, 10:09 PM
Personally witnessed Bill Kazmeijer (Worlds Strongest Man) bench 633 in Auburn, AL. I don't think Kaz took 'roids.

https://encyclopediaofalabama.org/article/bill-kazmaier/

Kaz was the most studied human being in history: tested in every manner possible, over a period of years, by teams of doctors and researchers for his unusual genetics. There was no way he could of been taking gear and kept it secret.

Slippy
05-31-2023, 05:40 AM
Kaz was the most studied human being in history: tested in every manner possible, over a period of years, by teams of doctors and researchers for his unusual genetics. There was no way he could of been taking gear and kept it secret.

Yep. An amazing story that I got to witness first hand at Auburn University and The National Strength Research Center. Dr Michael Stone, one of the research PHD's and professors at AU wrote a couple of books on weight training. I was part of the research group, me and about 500 other participants! Weight Training as an elective course in college was a "thing" back in the day, at least at AU!

While Kaz was clean as a whistle, I can tell you that Kaz Fitness Gym in Auburn, AL was D-Bol Central in the 80's! (D-Bol short for Dianabol Anabolic Steroid for those of you not in the know!).

Strat knows what I'm talking about.

BucketBack
05-31-2023, 09:57 AM
Mine is for type 2 Diabetes, they say it is in a pre-diabetic range.

I gave up finger stabbing 15 years ago, chased my tail with it.

Every three months it gets checked, stays within the 105-106 range all the time.

I have 3 years of Metformin stored for it, could turn it into 6 if needed.

Brother helped out with meds of all sorts.

It's AMOX-CLAV and I was supposed to pee on Friday, but the lab was closed Friday when I got out of the docs and walked 100' to it.

I have a years worth of Metformin. A1C was up to 6.6.

I just had a beer , a good time to pee, if the wait isn't long.

StratBastard
05-31-2023, 07:43 PM
Yep. An amazing story that I got to witness first hand at Auburn University and The National Strength Research Center. Dr Michael Stone, one of the research PHD's and professors at AU wrote a couple of books on weight training. I was part of the research group, me and about 500 other participants! Weight Training as an elective course in college was a "thing" back in the day, at least at AU!

While Kaz was clean as a whistle, I can tell you that Kaz Fitness Gym in Auburn, AL was D-Bol Central in the 80's! (D-Bol short for Dianabol Anabolic Steroid for those of you not in the know!).

Strat knows what I'm talking about.

Yeah, I saw a lot of it going on in the gym in the 80's too. Had I used them, I would have been 240 instead of 200 pounds, but I was going for the Zane look, which the ladies seemed to prefer too. Vic, my friend in The Mace thread, would have handily held the world record in the bench and squat, but he never even tried them either. We ate a lot of eggs though LOL... I would slam 6 raw ones first thing out of bed. I had to eat 5 meals a day to maintain my weight too... if I could go back, I'd eat six. I guess we were eating near carnivore Keto long before it became a thing. My doc was worried I had some kind of metabolic disorder when I took my shirt off, because I carried not a scrap of fat. No doc, this is on purpose LOL.