PDA

View Full Version : Brisket Jerky; Where Have You Been All Of My Life?

Slippy
05-26-2023, 09:14 PM
Mrs S and I ran some errands this afternoon and dropped by the Winn Dixie to check out their beef. Saw a nice little Beef Brisket and asked the butcher if he would slice it "jerky thin".

A few minutes later, we were out the door and back to Slippy Lodge.

Laid the brisket slices out on a cutting board, salted them and cut them a few more times into jerky sized pieces.

Been deyhdratring them for about 7 hours so far. Looking forward to morning with a report!

Inor
05-26-2023, 09:20 PM
Mrs S and I ran some errands this afternoon and dropped by the Winn Dixie to check out their beef. Saw a nice little Beef Brisket and asked the butcher if he would slice it "jerky thin".

A few minutes later, we were out the door and back to Slippy Lodge.

Laid the brisket slices out on a cutting board, salted them and cut them a few more times into jerky sized pieces.

Been deyhdratring them for about 7 hours so far. Looking forward to morning with a report!

Great minds must think alike! Last Sunday I started a bacon cure on half a brisket. I will smoke it Monday for 8-10 hours. On Tuesday, I am planning on steaming it for about 5 hours like they do with Montreal Smoked Meat and having it on Rye bread as sammiches for supper on Tuesday night.

Slippy
05-26-2023, 09:32 PM

Slippy
05-27-2023, 06:58 AM
17 hours later and the brisket jerky is looking righteous.

Dang, I should have trimmed more of the fat off the meat! :gossip:

MountainGirl
05-27-2023, 07:46 AM
17 hours later and the brisket jerky is looking righteous.

Dang, I should have trimmed more of the fat off the meat! :gossip:

Oh, I disagree. UNLESS you're wanting it for long term storage - the added flavor is the bomb!
It looks awesome! I bet you'll eat it up fast; let us know if you need help with that. :thumb:

Slippy
05-27-2023, 11:52 AM
OK all you knuckleheads...

I'm not afraid to pat anyone of you on the head and congratulate your successes...

So, I'm here to tell you I just prepared the BEST FREAKIN' BEEF BRISKET JERKY this side of wherever the hell beef brisket jerky was created!

HASH TAG; SLIPPYISAWESOMEATCERTAINTHINGSMOSTOFTHETIME

:chef:

T-Man 1066
05-27-2023, 11:59 AM
You get a trophy for "Best Slippy-made chew Today!!!!!" :beerchug::chucknorris: haha!!

Inor
05-27-2023, 09:10 PM
OK all you knuckleheads...

I'm not afraid to pat anyone of you on the head and congratulate your successes...

So, I'm here to tell you I just prepared the BEST FREAKIN' BEEF BRISKET JERKY this side of wherever the hell beef brisket jerky was created!

HASH TAG; SLIPPYISAWESOMEATCERTAINTHINGSMOSTOFTHETIME

:chef:

Excellent job on the brisket! It does look damn good!

But I have to admit, it took me a while to figure out your hash tag thing. The first thing I saw was:

Slippy I Saw Some Certain Things Most Of The Time.

My first reaction was: Oh my God! Slippy somehow found himself in the middle of a fag convention and saw things that can never be unseen and he "lost his nouns"! Poor guy!!! Get him some eye bleach!

TJC44
05-27-2023, 09:25 PM
Sir Slippy also earned himself the Pitmaster medal. It may not be BBQ, but close enough for OTP purposes!