Modfan
06-03-2023, 11:42 AM
Palmetto has a new Springfield XDM 4.5, 5 magazines, and a case for $379.00

Piratesailor
06-03-2023, 02:29 PM
Good price!

BucketBack
06-03-2023, 03:12 PM
I have a XDM 3" and a XD45 4.5" both work well with reloads, but, I wouldn't buy them again.

Like Red Dog Master says, life is too short for cheep guns

Slippy
06-03-2023, 04:22 PM

Very good price indeed...if you want an XDM!:toilet:

Inor
06-03-2023, 04:32 PM
I use an XD .45 as my EDC. I like it for what I bought it for. It goes bang every time and if I do ever have to use it for self-defense, I won't feel too bad when the cops take it away from me.

Slippy
06-03-2023, 05:53 PM
I use an XD .45 as my EDC. I like it for what I bought it for. It goes bang every time and if I do ever have to use it for self-defense, I won't feel too bad when the cops take it away from me.

Inor is so right.

(I don't know what has happened to me but I have turned into such a "gun snob" its unbelievable! :verysorry:)

Dwight55
06-03-2023, 08:04 PM

There was a story I read a few years back . . . guy had a really high end 1911 . . . and I guess it was "purty" as well.

Used it in an altercation . . . cops took it "for evidence" of course.

When he finally got it back a couple years later . . . barrel was shot out . . . scratched from stem to stern . . . filthy dirty.

There was more to it . . . don't recall all of it . . . made me quit carrying my pretty little Springfield . . . except for BBQ parties.

May God bless,
Dwight

Inor
06-03-2023, 08:11 PM
Inor is so right.

(I don't know what has happened to me but I have turned into such a "gun snob" its unbelievable! :verysorry:)

There's nothing wrong with that!

Box of frogs
06-04-2023, 04:52 AM
Inor is so right.

A cheap gun is unreliable, is not accurate, and fits the users needs poorly.
A inexpensive gun will do the job every time you pull the trigger without breaking the bank.
I believe you have a Taurus G2 with a 30 round magazine placed in your house where you can get to it quickly. At least you used too.

That is a great example of an inexpensive gun. I own 3 of them and keep two on my vehicles and one in my GHB.

Thus sayeth the frog…

BoF

Box of frogs
06-04-2023, 04:58 AM

I couldn’t find this deal. It was 499.00 when I went to the site.
BoF

BucketBack
06-04-2023, 06:49 AM
The XD45 is in my snap on tool bag and travels around with me. For when I need a bit more firepower than the LCP and PM9's

Modfan
06-04-2023, 01:46 PM
Here is what I got in my email23132

Box of frogs
06-04-2023, 02:51 PM
Here is what I got in my email23132

Found it. Unfortunately that model is double action only. Otherwise I was on it like a duck on a June bug.
BoF

Big Ken
06-04-2023, 03:55 PM

I kinda feel the same way, I'm sure most of us here can carry what ever they want, I'm very fond of Sigs and Colts along with a many revolvers but what I choose to to carry is a inexpensive Kahr CW9, it shoots very well and wouldn't break the bank if it disappeared one way or another. BTW I shot my first S&W Shield at the range the other day and liked it so if one comes my way one day that my be another carry option.

Inor
06-04-2023, 07:44 PM
I kinda feel the same way, I'm sure most of us here can carry what ever they want, I'm very fond of Sigs and Colts along with a many revolvers but what I choose to to carry is a inexpensive Kahr CW9, it shoots very well and wouldn't break the bank if it disappeared one way or another. BTW I shot my first S&W Shield at the range the other day and liked it so if one comes my way one day that my be another carry option.

Mrs Inor carries a 9mm Shield. And yes, I like it a lot too for a disposable gun. I am thinking about getting two more of them just to keep in our vehicles. It would be handy to not have to remember to take a pistol with us every time we leave home.

Prepared One
06-05-2023, 08:51 AM
Mrs Inor carries a 9mm Shield. And yes, I like it a lot too for a disposable gun. I am thinking about getting two more of them just to keep in our vehicles. It would be handy to not have to remember to take a pistol with us every time we leave home.

I carry the 9mm Shield as well, I have two of them in fact. I also carry the the Hellcat. They are all accurate within reason and go bang every time. Good carry pistols. At the price point of these pistols I wouldn't be to terribly upset if one disappears, unlike some of my other pistols.

BucketBack
06-06-2023, 09:25 AM
I paid $250 for the LCP, $350 each for the PM9's, one came with 5 mags and night sights. I paid $350 for the XD's and my G_locks in trade values. $350 is what the GP100 cost.

The Good Ole Days of the $350 Armslist gun deals

Modfan
07-04-2023, 06:46 PM
I bought one of the XD-M 9mm compacts. It is now my favorite pistol. It actually shoots better then these old eyes can see.