PDA

View Full Version : 2023 Toyota Land Cruiser Model 70 Double Cab Diesel PickUp

Slippy
07-01-2023, 08:52 AM
The US Federal Govt sucks. Big time.

For not allowing this truck into the US;

https://www.toyota.com.au/landcruiser-70/prices

What an awesome off road indestructible work horse of a truck.

Good Lord as my witness, I hope to figure out how to get one in the country one day...

hawgrider
07-01-2023, 12:26 PM
Someone has hit that thing with an ugly stick!

Slippy
07-01-2023, 02:19 PM

Hell yeah! Part of the "charm" of it, indestructible AND ugly!!! :grim:

Count me in!

Box of frogs
07-01-2023, 03:09 PM
Hell yeah! Part of the "charm" of it, indestructible AND ugly!!! :grim:

Count me in!

There was a short lived period in my twenties when I thought the same way about women in juke joints near closing time.
BoF

Piratesailor
07-01-2023, 03:49 PM

Good Lord as my witness, I hope to figure out how to get one in the country one day...

They won’t.

Because we’d turn it into a technical

Inor
07-01-2023, 05:59 PM

I don't care how ugly it is! The two-door, flat bed version looks like *EXACTLY* what I need for around here.

Slippy
07-01-2023, 06:09 PM
There was a short lived period in my twenties when I thought the same way about women in juke joints near closing time.
BoF

That was funny...and so dang true...if memory serves...!

Slippy
07-01-2023, 06:11 PM
I don't care how ugly it is! The two-door, flat bed version looks like *EXACTLY* what I need for around here.

I'm telling you, the Land Cruiser P/U Model 70 would round out my stable of vehicles very nicely! Count me in.

shootbrownelk
07-01-2023, 09:14 PM
I wonder what the price is for a stripped down model 4 dr. flat bed? I also wonder what mileage the 4.5 turbo diesel would get.

Mad Trapper
07-01-2023, 09:25 PM
I like the manual transmission and differential locks. I'd go with the 2-dr flat bed.

I've got a 62 Willys wagon. Looks like this:

StratBastard
07-01-2023, 09:28 PM
I like the manual transmission and differential locks. I'd go with the 2-dr flat bed.

Love those!

Mad Trapper
07-01-2023, 09:44 PM
Love those!

Long story on how I got it. Don't want to hijack Slippy's thread.

Slippy
07-01-2023, 10:49 PM

Classic!

Slippy
07-01-2023, 10:51 PM

Tell us! Looking forward to a good story!

I'm just wishful thanking about the Land Cruiser, you got a real story, Mad!

red442joe
07-02-2023, 07:39 AM

Start a new thread.

Joe

MountainGirl
07-02-2023, 07:45 AM
And I just read about FAA's approval for a flying car, that you can pre-order.
Talk about extremes - I'm gonna need drugs.
I'll start a thread on it.

Mad Trapper
07-02-2023, 08:34 AM
And I just read about FAA's approval for a flying car, that you can pre-order.
Talk about extremes - I'm gonna need drugs.
I'll start a thread on it.

Is it "green" and electric powered?

MountainGirl
07-02-2023, 09:03 AM
Is it "green" and electric powered?

ROFL - Don't know, don't care.
Here's the link -

https://theoutdoortradingpost.com/showthread.php?20932-Flying-Car-It-s-here-it-s-real

Piratesailor
07-15-2023, 05:47 PM

Cooling my heels in the mountains of Colorado last week and ran across this.

This is why we wont’ have it in the US.

Slippy
07-15-2023, 05:49 PM
Cooling my heels in the mountains of Colorado last week and ran across this.

This is why we wont’ have it in the US.

Awesome PS!

Where you be in the mountains?

Jealous and needing to get me some Mountain Time!

Piratesailor
07-15-2023, 09:07 PM
Awesome PS!

Where you be in the mountains?

Jealous and needing to get me some Mountain Time!

Partly in Littleton for my sisters bday (a surprise). the rest of it was about 40 miles south of Gunnison Colorado and the around the buffalo pass, also in Colorado down 114 if you know the area. Dispersed camping at its best.

Little trivia… the mountain in the pic is where Alfred Packer got lost while guiding a group trying to reach lake city.

MountainGirl
07-16-2023, 06:47 AM
Partly in Littleton for my sisters bday (a surprise). the rest of it was about 40 miles south of Gunnison Colorado and the around the buffalo pass, also in Colorado down 114 if you know the area. Dispersed camping at its best.

Little trivia… the mountain in the pic is where Alfred Packer got lost while guiding a group trying to reach lake city.

!!!! I know the area very well.... and You were so close to Ouray! Do you know the story there? Tale has it that she was so taken back by there and the area that Ayn Rand used Ouray as the model for the Gulch. I was there in 2003. We dropped in down through Silverton in December - not recommended. :biglaugh:
Beauty country, and very much worth considering. Slippy? Got yer ears on?? :attention:

Slippy
07-16-2023, 07:44 AM

Slippy Approved! Beautiful view!

(figured I'd tilt the pic sideways!)

Slippy
07-16-2023, 07:47 AM
!!!! I know the area very well.... and You were so close to Ouray! Do you know the story there? Tale has it that she was so taken back by there and the area that Ayn Rand used Ouray as the model for the Gulch. I was there in 2003. We dropped in down through Silverton in December - not recommended. :biglaugh:
Beauty country, and very much worth considering. Slippy? Got yer ears on?? :attention:

Making notes! Appreciate it and will look into Ouray, CO!

MountainGirl
07-16-2023, 07:55 AM
Here's a little tip for those considering moving to snow country:

IF you plan it out right, you don't have to shovel a big area.
Keep what you need really close & walkways covered.
Just sayin. :bounce:

Box of frogs
07-16-2023, 08:06 AM
Here's a little tip for those considering moving to snow country:

IF you plan it out right, you don't have to shovel a big area.
Keep what you need really close & walkways covered.
Just sayin. :bounce:

That’s a whole bunch of wood and angled cuts for a walking path !!
That must be some fancy shmansy lodge

MountainGirl
07-16-2023, 08:17 AM
That’s a whole bunch of wood and angled cuts for a walking path !!
That must be some fancy shmansy lodge

LOL Wood is abundant out there, and all it needs to be is covered.
Simple works too! :mocking:

Here's a bit more on Ouray, then I'll cease derailing.

Surrounded on all sides by snow-capped peaks and set at the narrow head of a deep valley, Ouray touts itself as the "Switzerland of America." With no nearby ski area to attract the tourism of other alpine Colorado towns, Ouray has kept much of its authentic turn-of-the-century charm. - TripAdvisor

Per Wiki demographics - in 2010: 95+% white. There was 1 black, 4 indians, 8 asians.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ouray,_Colorado

Ok, that's all. :)

Prepared One
07-16-2023, 08:35 AM

That's beautiful country. I used to live in Denver and My Mom used to live in a small town called Nederland up in the mountains west of Boulder so I am familiar with the area. The scenery is magnificent. My Mom lived up there for years before moving to her husbands ranch in Kansas. (No scenery there)

It used to be affordable to live up in the mountains but no more. 300 K for a 2 bedroom one bath cabin is not uncommon. That and the liberals from Kalifornia are absolutely destroying Colorado.

shootbrownelk
07-16-2023, 09:10 AM
That's beautiful country. I used to live in Denver and My Mom used to live in a small town called Nederland up in the mountains west of Boulder so I am familiar with the area. The scenery is magnificent. My Mom lived up there for years before moving to her husbands ranch in Kansas. (No scenery there)

It used to be affordable to live up in the mountains but no more. 300 K for a 2 bedroom one bath cabin is not uncommon. That and the liberals from Kalifornia are absolutely destroying Colorado.

The Liberals from California HAVE destroyed Colorado. FIFY

Slippy
07-16-2023, 09:43 AM
LOL Wood is abundant out there, and all it needs to be is covered.
Simple works too! :mocking:

Here's a bit more on Ouray, then I'll cease derailing.

Surrounded on all sides by snow-capped peaks and set at the narrow head of a deep valley, Ouray touts itself as the "Switzerland of America." With no nearby ski area to attract the tourism of other alpine Colorado towns, Ouray has kept much of its authentic turn-of-the-century charm. - TripAdvisor

Per Wiki demographics - in 2010: 95+% white. There was 1 black, 4 indians, 8 asians.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ouray,_Colorado

Ok, that's all. :)

Demographics (cultural) are increasingly important...knowhatimsayin'?

Box of frogs
07-16-2023, 09:53 AM
Demographics (cultural) are increasingly important...knowhatimsayin'?

Yes they are

Piratesailor
07-16-2023, 01:11 PM
My folks had a house in gunnison and two of my siblings went to school there so we spent a lot of time in the area. We’ve been in and around that area since the 60’s. Beautiful and the western slope is fairly free of the liberal crazies.

My camping partner’s great grandfather settled gunnison and the area. Streets are named after family and members.

He was a great guide while camping (not to mention being an expert).

Slippy
10-07-2023, 07:36 AM
Toyota brings back the Land Cruiser for 2024
https://www.musclecarsandtrucks.com/2024-toyota-land-cruiser-official-details/

shootbrownelk
10-07-2023, 09:07 AM
Toyota brings back the Land Cruiser for 2024
https://www.musclecarsandtrucks.com/2024-toyota-land-cruiser-official-details/

Looks like the stuck an air hose in the tailpipe of an F-J and blew it up some. Looks like a new Bronco. It getting so you can't tell vehicles apart anymore. A turbocharged 4 cylinder motor?