PDA

View Full Version : Moving Sucks, The Mrs. Hired Help To Move

BucketBack
07-14-2023, 06:44 AM
Off Fakebook, from White Cloud, a very poor area, to help move .

All the food is here, she wants them to help put the food away.

What could go wrong? :censored::censored:

I told her it was raining and to cancel. I better get the food shelf in from off the trailer.....

Slippy
07-14-2023, 06:48 AM
Off Fakebook, from White Cloud, a very poor area, to help move .

All the food is here, she wants them to help put the food away.

What could go wrong? :censored::censored:

I told her it was raining and to cancel. I better get the food shelf in from off the trailer.....

Where are you and the Mrs moving to?

TJC44
07-14-2023, 07:48 AM
Shit, I moved myself, most of my household goods, twice in a year. I still have a few things in a storage unit to empty out.
I may need to move again soon.

Sent from my SM-A037U using Tapatalk

Dwight55
07-14-2023, 07:58 AM
At 78 . . . and health becoming so-so . . . I'm looking at one more move some day . . . assisted living of some sort probably.

It'll be the biggest yard sale anyone has seen in these parts.

May God bless,
Dwight

Michael_Js
07-14-2023, 09:55 AM
Can't stand packing, cleaning out, moving, unpacking, etc... :(

Best of success, quickly...

Prepared One
07-14-2023, 10:33 AM
I have moved a lot in my life for many reasons, not fun packing and moving no matter the circumstances. I just did my last move a year ago. I am dying right here at Ten Oaks come hell or high water. I ain't moving again.

Big Ken
07-14-2023, 11:07 AM
At 78 . . . and health becoming so-so . . . I'm looking at one more move some day . . . assisted living of some sort probably.

It'll be the biggest yard sale anyone has seen in these parts.

May God bless,
Dwight

Are you going to sell some guns? :uzi:

Dwight55
07-14-2023, 01:49 PM
Are you going to sell some guns? :uzi:

My son already "owns" them so to speak.

May God bless,
Dwight

Ricekila
07-14-2023, 02:53 PM
"I" - moved maybe a dozen times in my life -- the last time I had to use a local moving co. --- I just came out of the hospital -- so I couldn't lift anything --- all I could do was sit in a chair & point --

The last move was a total of 2 miles -- the moving co. truck followed us to the apartment -- going down the main road I had to keep pulling over waiting for them to catch up --- then they pulled into a McDonalds' - ( Ok - they bought lunch ? ) ------- it took them over an hour -- and when they arived --- no lunch just bull-shiting by they're truck --

Then bringing our stuff in -- a 1/2 dead snail could have moved faster ----

I thought -- What The Fuck is going on ---- then I saw the bill --over 4 hours moving time -- $1000. bucks to move 8 pieces of furniture ( we gave away a ton of stuff ) and about 20 boxes Squeaky and her daughter had packed up --

Again -- I couldn't do for myself -- and I / we got fucked !

Jester-ND
07-14-2023, 03:21 PM
3 moves = 1 fire.....

Prepared One
07-14-2023, 05:44 PM
Back in the old days when I was running the bars I could get my so called friends to help me. I buy the booze and the food. Wasn't to bad as long as I kept them from drinking to much till the the heavy shit and delicates were done. Did a lot of moves that way when I was younger. That's not an option these days. Don't do the bars and don't trust anyone. MG and I did most of the moving and hired movers to do the one time heavy lifting with their truck.

I am done with moving.

BucketBack
07-14-2023, 08:14 PM
The couple that was to help got pulled over Wednesday night with too much pot and the car got impounded for the cops to look for more shit.As we were waiting I flagged down a car that was searching for us.

I thought it was help for moving, they were Jehovah Witnesses and we had a chat

BucketBack
07-14-2023, 08:51 PM
The heavy is done now for the most part.I just have to change out the bed

BucketBack
07-27-2023, 07:22 PM
Spending the first night, her plants are inside, things are good

hawgrider
07-27-2023, 07:28 PM
Spending the first night, her plants are inside, things are good

Still in the new way to go area?

BucketBack
07-27-2023, 07:36 PM
Yup, we've had it since the Tigers saved Detroit after the Black Blind Pig was raided.

BucketBack
07-30-2023, 11:31 PM
I finally got the cat into the pet carrier Sunday and over here with only one small scratch. The Mrs says the cat can't go out for a couple days or he'll go back to Grant as he did once before.

The cat goes out at night usually, but this is new, and he's up and teasing the Pug.:needbeer:

BucketBack
07-31-2023, 12:19 AM
I have a case of ice cold Coors Light in the cooler outside (used to be 2 cases), but I have to drink fridge beer or else the cat will escape captivity.

BucketBack
08-02-2023, 09:52 AM
So the cat is somewhere on the property, and when I took my first shower here in 1.5 years this morning, I was reminded that the hot water tank was set on LOw.

All the good stuff is out of Grant, except the garden, and the electric is in her name since Grimey can't put in his name because of a $100 past balance of a renter, so we got a garden.

What is good and we don't want is being left therefor Doris or the other drunks that want to move in after the renovation. $350 month with no renovation is easy for a lazy one to choose.

The Mrs wants to set up "Doris" in that trailer for $350 rent and $200 in utilities.

Grimey can't remove disabled people if they don't want to move, so Doris is going to be a squatter with money if he wants to take it.

Otherwise try to kick the Mrs out :beathead:

We'll have to catch up on the gossip at the Post

Normally a F/M renter wood give him wood, but she has to sneak up on a glass of water.

hawgrider
08-02-2023, 10:20 AM
So the cat is somewhere on the property, and when I took my first shower here in 1.5 years this morning, I was reminded that the hot water tank was set on LOw.

All the good stuff is out of Grant, except the garden, and the electric is in her name since Grimey can't put in his name because of a $100 past balance of a renter, so we got a garden.

What is good and we don't want is being left therefor Doris or the other drunks that want to move in after the renovation. $350 month with no renovation is easy for a lazy one to choose.

The Mrs wants to set up "Doris" in that trailer for $350 rent and $200 in utilities.

Grimey can't remove disabled people if they don't want to move, so Doris is going to be a squatter with money if he wants to take it.

Otherwise try to kick the Mrs out :beathead:

We'll have to catch up on the gossip at the Post

Normally a F/M renter wood give him wood, but she has to sneak up on a glass of water.

Got yer self a regular Jerry Springer show.

Grimey and Doris LOLOL

Slippy
08-02-2023, 10:31 AM
Yup, we've had it since the Tigers saved Detroit after the Black Blind Pig was raided.

I have to ask my Mom, but she and Dad took us to Detroit once as kids in the 60's. Dad loved cars. Loved them and Detroit was Motor City. They dragged us to museums and all around the city.

Mom and Dad both liked baseball and we took summer vacations and always hit a major or minor league game somewhere. "Thanks Mom and Dad"!

This trip, my goal was to see a Detroit Tigers game and we did, at old Tiger Stadium. Pretty sure Al Kaline was in the lineup. Mom has a Polaroid of us sitting behind a freakin' pilar watching the game. Probably in a box somewhere or thrown away by now.

While some of our members were enjoying an Uncle Sam vacation in SE Asia, I was wearing goofy short pants, riding around the US in my old man's Bonneville sitting in the backseat breathing his unfiltered Camel's, visiting ballpark's and staying in Howard Johnson's and roadside motels a week or 2 in the summer times.
Simpler times.

StratBastard
08-02-2023, 12:50 PM
I have to ask my Mom, but she and Dad took us to Detroit once as kids in the 60's. Dad loved cars. Loved them and Detroit was Motor City. They dragged us to museums and all around the city.

Mom and Dad both liked baseball and we took summer vacations and always hit a major or minor league game somewhere. "Thanks Mom and Dad"!

This trip, my goal was to see a Detroit Tigers game and we did, at old Tiger Stadium. Pretty sure Al Kaline was in the lineup. Mom has a Polaroid of us sitting behind a freakin' pilar watching the game. Probably in a box somewhere or thrown away by now.

While some of our members were enjoying an Uncle Sam vacation in SE Asia, I was wearing goofy short pants, riding around the US in my old man's Bonneville sitting in the backseat breathing his unfiltered Camel's, visiting ballpark's and staying in Howard Johnson's and roadside motels a week or 2 in the summer times.
Simpler times.

I spent a week in Detroit in '71 travelling with the family. I hear it's a shithole now, but back then it was a pretty robust industrial town where everyone had good jobs.

BucketBack
08-02-2023, 12:52 PM
I was one of the reasons for no beer in da bleachers

Inor
08-02-2023, 12:52 PM

The old Tiger Stadium was freakin' awesome! I caught a game between my Minnesota Twins and the Tigers there in 1987. Even being stuck behind a pillar just added to experience. Now all the stadiums are just friggin' homo stadiums. At a lot of them, you have to go searching just to find normal "baseball" snacks (hotdogs, peanuts, Cracker Jack, etc.). Who the hell ever heard of eating sushi at a baseball game?!? (They have it at the Nationals park).

I won't even waste my time or money going to a MLB park anymore. Some of the minor league parks are still good. But even some of those are starting to turn woke now with shit snacks and stupid expensive tickets!

Slippy
08-02-2023, 01:53 PM
The old Tiger Stadium was freakin' awesome! I caught a game between my Minnesota Twins and the Tigers there in 1987. Even being stuck behind a pillar just added to experience. Now all the stadiums are just friggin' homo stadiums. At a lot of them, you have to go searching just to find normal "baseball" snacks (hotdogs, peanuts, Cracker Jack, etc.). Who the hell ever heard of eating sushi at a baseball game?!? (They have it at the Nationals park).

I won't even waste my time or money going to a MLB park anymore. Some of the minor league parks are still good. But even some of those are starting to turn woke now with shit snacks and stupid expensive tickets!

100% truth^^^

Inor, I'm "stuck" at 26 different ballparks in my life. My brother and I have had an ongoing contest who could visit the most MLB stadiums. A few years ago I bailed and decided I'm not wasting my time on this woke bull-shat.

BucketBack
08-04-2023, 07:43 AM
We were asked by the neighbor if they could still use " The Path ". I have a steel cable 1' inside my property line so I can maintain the line, and trees and brush stacked. What part of staying on your own side don't they get.

I think some exchange of commodities was going on while I was astray the last year and a half

Prepared One
08-04-2023, 08:14 AM
100% truth^^^

Inor, I'm "stuck" at 26 different ballparks in my life. My brother and I have had an ongoing contest who could visit the most MLB stadiums. A few years ago I bailed and decided I'm not wasting my time on this woke bull-shat.

Sad isn't it? I remember those lazy sunny afternoons at Wrigley Field. We didn't care that the cubs sucked.