PDA

View Full Version : Never a dull moment at M.T. Acres

Inor
08-06-2023, 09:22 PM
We put the turkeys into the pasture about a month and a half ago. We figured they would be fine with the steer but we were not so sure about the donkey.

The donkey's job is to be a guard animal. It is a job that she takes very seriously. I have seen her dropkick 2 yotes through the goalposts of life. She has even run off a bobcat and a mountain lion. (Thankfully the mountain lion went away on its own rather than face off with her because I am pretty sure the mountain lion would have won that battle). But, given that she is so protective of "her" pasture, we were not quite sure how she would react to being invaded by a bunch of turkeys. We went out yesterday morning to feed and were greeted with this:

I guess we really did not have to worry about it...

hawgrider
08-06-2023, 09:28 PM
Scratch my back bitches or else! :pig:

Sasquatch
08-07-2023, 12:21 AM
You should send that picture to the DNC. It incapsulates their party so well, a jackass and some jive turkeys.

Mad Trapper
08-07-2023, 03:36 AM
They turks are keeping the bugs off the Donkey, win win

Give us Donkeys name, or we will call her Jackass Democrat!

Slippy
08-07-2023, 06:15 AM
We put the turkeys into the pasture about a month and a half ago. We figured they would be fine with the steer but we were not so sure about the donkey.

The donkey's job is to be a guard animal. It is a job that she takes very seriously. I have seen her dropkick 2 yotes through the goalposts of life. She has even run off a bobcat and a mountain lion. (Thankfully the mountain lion went away on its own rather than face off with her because I am pretty sure the mountain lion would have won that battle). But, given that she is so protective of "her" pasture, we were not quite sure how she would react to being invaded by a bunch of turkeys. We went out yesterday morning to feed and were greeted with this:

Kumbaya at MT Acres!

T-Man 1066
08-07-2023, 07:10 AM

Its funny how animals will stand on each other. Years ago, I had the haybaler parked under a tree, and walk out one day, one of my goats was standing on top of the baler, and a kid was standing on her back to reach the leaves. Wish I would have had my phone on me then!

Inor
08-07-2023, 11:32 AM
They turks are keeping the bugs off the Donkey, win win

Give us Donkeys name, or we will call her Jackass Democrat!

We call donkey Rosa.

hawgrider
08-07-2023, 12:56 PM
We call donkey Rosa.

Rosa Parks lol!

Mad Trapper
08-07-2023, 05:24 PM
Rosa is nice.

I'd have started calling her Hillary......

MountainGirl
08-07-2023, 05:44 PM
Rosa is nice.

I find no reason to insult the donkey to that degree.

Inor
08-07-2023, 07:35 PM
Rosa is nice.

She's a good donkey. Although we do not have any other experience with donkeys, so we wouldn't really know a "good" one from a "bad" one. But she does everything we ask of her, so I guess that qualifies as "good"?

stevekozak
08-10-2023, 06:25 AM
She's a good donkey. Although we do not have any other experience with donkeys, so we wouldn't really know a "good" one from a "bad" one. But she does everything we ask of her, so I guess that qualifies as "good"?

That is the definition of a good donkey!!!

Mad Trapper
08-10-2023, 07:59 AM
Good donkey!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-4pxz_shxc

Dwight55
08-10-2023, 01:41 PM
Sometimes other places can get a bit exciting . . .

If it had not been for my cat . . . I would probably have had an incident with this little guy. He was eating in my cat's food pan . . . and my cat was all aggravated . . . standing up on the hood of my jeep when I walked out of my leather shop.

Stopped to figure out what was going on with Tiger . . . and Uh-Oh . . . yep . . . we'll stop right here . . . and slowly back out.

El stinko kept on chewing . . .

When I hit the garage door opener . . . I guess the noise scared him . . . he was gone . . .

Whew . . .

May God bless,
Dwight