PDA

View Full Version : Inside the 'Doomsday' Vault Past the Arctic Circle

hawgrider
03-04-2015, 06:47 AM
Yeah... what else is in there ?

http://l3.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/43APiJEAe969GTgedANgUg--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7Zmk9ZmlsbDtoPTU0MDtpbD1wbGFuZTtweW 9mZj0wO3E9NzU7dz05NjA-/http://media.zenfs.com/en_us/gma/us.abcnews.go.com/RT_norway_seed_vault_jtm_150303_16x9_992.jpg

Tree seeds that will be stored safely in a "doomsday" vault have been deposited on a Norwegian archipelago in the Arctic Ocean.

The Svalbard Global Seed Vault, more than 807 miles beyond the Arctic Circle, in mountainous permafrost, is the "world's largest secure seed storage vault.

http://news.yahoo.com/inside-doomsday-vault-past-arctic-circle-171729031--abc-news-topstories.html

MrsInor
03-04-2015, 08:38 AM
The missing Lerner emails.

Inor
03-04-2015, 08:47 AM
If that is the seed vault in Norway, I have it on good authority that is where my ancestors kept the Sweeds that we harvest body parts from.

Montana Rancher
03-08-2015, 11:56 PM
I tend to ignore these types of articles, I'm not sure why they are necessary, almost everyone I know has eirloom seeds.

Pauls
03-10-2015, 12:47 PM
Those seed vaults contain heirloom seeds for domesticated and wild versions of nearly all the plants that have been used as food worldwide. If a blight or pest wiped out one of the food sources it could be replaced enmass.
They are "noahs arks" for the food plants on earth.

Laufen
03-18-2015, 12:23 PM
Those seed vaults contain heirloom seeds for domesticated and wild versions of nearly all the plants that have been used as food worldwide. If a blight or pest wiped out one of the food sources it could be replaced enmass.
They are "noahs arks" for the food plants on earth.

Noah's Arks....but real.

hawgrider
03-18-2015, 12:27 PM
Noah's Arks....but real.So you sayin Noahs Ark was not real...... Got a cite for me on that ? I need some proof because I was told Noah's Ark was real.

Laufen
03-18-2015, 12:36 PM
So you sayin Noahs Ark was not real...... Got a cite for me on that ? I need some proof because I was told Noah's Ark was real.

It's a real part of christian mythology, but that's it.

How did ol' noah get those Kangaroos to Oz, and keep those polar bears cold in the middle east? lol

hawgrider
03-18-2015, 12:44 PM
It's a real part of christian mythology, but that's it.

How did ol' noah get those Kangaroos to Oz, and keep those polar bears cold in the middle east? lolOK fine then. No cite? Then your statement has no teeth.:owned::eyebrows:

Laufen
03-18-2015, 12:50 PM
OK fine then. No cite? Then your statement has no teeth.:owned::eyebrows:

You want me to prove a negative? And that's your basis for claiming "victory"? lol

hawgrider
03-18-2015, 12:52 PM
You want me to prove a negative? And that's your basis for claiming "victory"? lolDamn right I am. Prove to me it didn't happen!

Otherwise it did.:D

Laufen
03-18-2015, 12:53 PM
Damn right I am. Prove to me it didn't happen!

Otherwise it did.

Prove I didn't just fly to the moon.

hawgrider
03-18-2015, 12:54 PM
Prove I didn't just eat a cobra.What do you mean? Cobra taste good with A little garlic salt.

Laufen
03-18-2015, 12:55 PM
What do you mean? Cobra taste good with A little garlic salt.

Prove I didn't.

hawgrider
03-18-2015, 12:55 PM
Prove I didn't just fly to the moon.Ohhh busted ninja edit. You said cobra not moon ....LMAO!

Laufen
03-18-2015, 12:57 PM
Ohhh busted ninja edit. You said cobra not moon ....LMAO!

Prove I didn't just eat a cobra while flying to the moon. Otherwise I did.

hawgrider
03-18-2015, 12:57 PM
Prove I didn't just eat a cobra while flying to the moon. Otherwise I did.Hahahahaha funny shit right there !

Laufen
03-18-2015, 12:58 PM
Hahahahaha funny shit right there !

Seriously, can you prove it didn't happen?

hawgrider
03-18-2015, 12:59 PM
Seriously, can you prove it didn't happen?Umm seriously neither can you so Noah Ark was real. Are we done yet ?

Laufen
03-18-2015, 01:01 PM
Umm seriously neither can you so Noah Ark was real. Are we done yet ?

Excellent logic. Enjoy the rest of your existence.

hawgrider
03-18-2015, 01:02 PM
Excellent logic. Enjoy the rest of your existence. Don't go away mad just because you cant prove Noah's ark was not real.....

I had fun didn't you ?

Laufen
03-18-2015, 01:03 PM
Don't go away mad just because you cant prove Noah's ark was not real.....

I had fun didn't you ?

I'm not mad.

So, how did those old kangaroos get to Oz?

hawgrider
03-18-2015, 01:04 PM
I'm not mad.

So, how did those old kangaroos get to Oz?The same stork that delivers babies took them there.

Laufen
03-18-2015, 01:05 PM
The same stork that delivers babies took them there.

Exactly.

I'll leave you to your myths.

Pauls
03-18-2015, 01:07 PM
In a truly logical arguement, one cannot disprove the existance of an artifact. It is up to the believer to prove that it did exist.

I personally believe the Bible but I am also aware of the lack of real evidence that there was a world-wide flood. There is no world-wide clay layer that would be the residue of a world wide flood. The clay layers that do exist do not have the same geological position from one location to another. There is one clay layer that can be dated to the time proposed by the Bible of the great flood but it is localized to the area between the Tigris and Euphrates river system and is only 100 miles wide and 500 miles long. That flood was recorded in Sumerian history as a great flood but not a "global" event. It is interesting that the tablets that show the record of the flood talk of a trader who, along with his family and trade goods (including some livestock), was traveling the river when the flood hit. He and his family survived and from the story they told they ended up on an island in what is now called the Persian Gulf.

This history was recorded in the city of Ur which is the same city that Abram was from - before his name was changed to Abraham. The first story of a world wide flood comes from the Babylonians who conquored Sumer and continued to use their written language. (Cuneiform) The Hebrew texts and the Babylonian flood story are nearly the exact same story with different names for the heros.

That doesn't change my faith but it does give me pause as to the literal translations of certain parts of the Bible. Like the parables that Jesus used to teach, I am sure the there are many parables throughout the Bible.

hawgrider
03-18-2015, 01:08 PM
Exactly.

I'll leave you to your myths.I sense that your pissed.... WTF So lets hear it your an atheist or agnostic apparently?

If you want me to be serious then personally I believe Jesus died on the cross for my sins.

Id say I'll see you in hell but ....Im pretty sure I wont LOL!!!!

Laufen
03-18-2015, 01:09 PM
In a truly logical arguement, one cannot disprove the existance of an artifact. It is up to the believer to prove that it did exist.

I personally believe the Bible but I am also aware of the lack of real evidence that there was a world-wide flood. There is no world-wide clay layer that would be the residue of a world wide flood. The clay layers that do exist do not hane the same geological position from one location to another. There is one clay layer that can be dated to the time proposed by the Bible of the great flood but it is localized to the area between the Tigris and Euphrates river system and is only 100 miles wide and 500 miles long. That flood was recorded in Sumerian history as a great flood but not a "global" event. It is interesting that the tablets that show the record of the flood talk of a trader who, along with his family and trade goods (including some livestock), was traveling the river when the flood hit. He and his family survived and from the story they told they ended up on an island in what is now called the Persian Gulf.

This history was recorded in the city of Ur which is the same city that Abram was from - before his name was changed to Abraham. The first story of a world wide flood comes from the Babylonians who conquored Sumer and continued to use their written language. (Cuneiform) The Hebrew texts and the Babylonian flood story are nearly the exact same story with different names for the heros.

That doesn't change my faith but it does give me pause as to the literal translations of certain parts of the Bible. Like the parables that Jesus used to teach, I am sure the there are many parables throughout the Bible.

How have you decided which parts of the bible are literal and which are figurative?

Laufen
03-18-2015, 01:10 PM
I sense that you pissed.... WTF So lets hear it your an atheist or agnostic apparently?

If you want me to be serious then personally I believe Jesus died on the cross for my sins.

Id say I'll see you in hell but ....Im pretty sure I wont LOL!!!!

I'm not pissed at all...not at all. Why would I be angry?

I am an atheist.

hawgrider
03-18-2015, 01:12 PM
I'm not pissed at all...not at all. Why would I be angry?

I am an atheist.

Yeah I could tell but I just wanted to hear you say it. Well I had fun but gotta run for now. Thanks for the entertainment.:D

Laufen
03-18-2015, 01:14 PM
Yeah I could tell but I just wanted to hear you say it. Well I had fun but gotta run for now. Thanks for the entertainment.:D

lol, ok. Glad you were entertained by the illumination of your lack of logic and reason. Bon Jour.

Pauls
03-18-2015, 01:25 PM
How have you decided which parts of the bible are literal and which are figurative?

I read the Bible "in the Spirit". It doesn't matter what is fact or myth because the end result is that it teaches us how to live our spiritual lives not our physical lives.
We don't stone unbelievers to death any more or own slaves and it is OK to use tools and do some work on the sabath - as long as it is done for the right reasons and not "for profit".

I happen to believe in a very real and personal God and I have communed with an "aspect" of God. It was a very intense and wondrous moment in my life and made profound changes in my life.

It doesn't matter to me that you are an atheist - you have the same "spark" of deity within you that all other things have. Maybe some day you will recognize it, maybe not. I can't say whether you will go to heaven or hell or logically say they even exist. I do believe that God is a lot bigger than most Christians give Him credit for. You might be in for a wonderful surprise.

The Bible tells me that I will be judged as I judge so I try not to close the door on others until I witness the "fruits" of their lives.

Laufen
03-18-2015, 01:28 PM
I read the Bible "in the Spirit". It doesn't matter what is fact or myth because the end result is that it teaches us how to live our spiritual lives not our physical lives.
We don't stone unbelievers to death any more or own slaves and it is OK to use tools and do some work on the sabath - as long as it is done for the right reasons and not "for profit".

I happen to believe in a very real and personal God and I have communed with an "aspect" of God. It was a very intense and wondrous moment in my life and made profound changes in my life.

It doesn't matter to me that you are an atheist - you have the same "spark" of deity within you that all other things have. Maybe some day you will recognize it, maybe not. I can't say whether you will go to heaven or hell or logically say they even exist. I do believe that God is a lot bigger than most Christians give Him credit for. You might be in for a wonderful surprise.

The Bible tells me that I will be judged as I judge so I try not to close the door on others until I witness the "fruits" of their lives.
I was actually a missionary for a time. Ironically it was on a missions trip that I became an atheist. There won't be any going back to religion for me.

Pauls
03-18-2015, 02:23 PM
I was actually a missionary for a time. Ironically it was on a missions trip that I became an atheist. There won't be any going back to religion for me.

Religion isn't necessary for a spiritual life. All that is required for spiritual life is the acceptance that we don't know what is not known and that there is some force greater than ourselves that you feel compelled to know as well as you can.

As an atheist you believe there is "proof" that God cannot exist. An Agnostic believes there is much we don't know and that could include a deity of some form. I have gone through several stages in my spiritual developement but my personal experience has convinced me that God exists as a personal "partner" for me. I believe He is big enough to fill many definitions and go by many different names.

Just because a rose is called many different things in other languages and cultures does not change that we are all talking about the same flower. The same is true with God. Those who believe they have the only true name for God do so in the belief that they are the only "chosen" group that will be in heaven. Jesus told us that there will be many mansions in heaven - I believe that each of us has a place in heaven if we want it.

Laufen
03-18-2015, 02:32 PM
Religion isn't necessary for a spiritual life. All that is required for spiritual life is the acceptance that we don't know what is not known and that there is some force greater than ourselves that you feel compelled to know as well as you can.

As an atheist you believe there is "proof" that God cannot exist. An Agnostic believes there is much we don't know and that could include a deity of some form. I have gone through several stages in my spiritual developement but my personal experience has convinced me that God exists as a personal "partner" for me. I believe He is big enough to fill many definitions and go by many different names.

Just because a rose is called many different things in other languages and cultures does not change that we are all talking about the same flower. The same is true with God. Those who believe they have the only true name for God do so in the belief that they are the only "chosen" group that will be in heaven. Jesus told us that there will be many mansions in heaven - I believe that each of us has a place in heaven if we want it.

I'm not going to live forever in any state. I do not have a supernatural soul, do not worship gods or goddesses and take comfort in the fact that when I die I am gone.

Pauls
03-18-2015, 02:37 PM
Good for you! You should live what you believe. I have faith in the after-life and I believe in the theorum of conservation of energy and that matter and energy are the same thing in different states.

Both theorums have shown successful proofs and it is easy to apply that science to my faith. It is much more difficult to apply my faith to science but then faith is a spiritual act and science is based in the physical world.