PDA

View Full Version : Hooking Up Solar Panels

BucketBack
06-11-2024, 09:48 AM
Brad, the guy who gave us the 15" Cerwin Vega's, and 1000 watt Carver Amp is having us pick up 4 free new in the box solar panels that he says are heavy and about 4' x 5' each. He is looking for an inverter for them.

So I have another project to do, and I spotted a shiny black Vette @ the beer gas station Monday, and the driver asked me when will I be ready for a couple free pigs?

IDK if I can have pigs here due to zoning

Brad is a Desert Storm era audiophile, so they should be quality

BucketBack
06-11-2024, 01:24 PM
Should be here by Thursday

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07281BDDY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/ZJUAAOSw7ill745H/s-l1600.webp

BucketBack
06-11-2024, 03:02 PM
6 1/4 acres, means 3 swine, some rabbits. We're supposed to get a Fawn Male Pug for the Fawn Krazy Kasey to have a little Both can get AKC papers for a nominal service charge. Them PUGS go for $1200 and under. Mostly under here around $500
Township of Brooks 3 Article III
Zoning Ordinance General Provisions
B. Household Pet
An animal generally accepted as spending much of their time in the residence kept as a pet
including, but not limited to all dogs and cats. Dangerous or exotic animals as defined herein shall
not be permitted as household pets.
C. Kennels (amended 8/31/11)
1. Kennel – Commercial: Any land, building, or structure where a total of four (4) or more dogs,
cats or combination thereof, six months of age or older, are boarded, housed, bred, trained and
offered for sale or compensation.
2. Kennel – Private: Any land, building, or structure used for the private enjoyment of 6 to 10
dogs, cats or combination thereof, six months of age and older.
D. Restraint
An animal shall be deemed under restraint if:
1. It is under the control of its owner or other responsible person by means of a leash, cord, rope,
strap, chain, or lead held by such owner or person and securely fastened to the collar or harness
attached to the animal; or
2. It is securely enclosed, confined, or restrained on the premises where it may lawfully be so as
to be unable to enter upon the public way or to molest persons lawfully using the public way.
E. Sanitary Conditions
Space free from health hazards including excessive animal waste, overcrowding of animals, or
other conditions that endanger the animal’s health.
F. Shelter
Adequate protection from the elements suitable for the age and species of the animal and weather
conditions to maintain the animal in a state of good health, including structures or natural features
such as trees and topography.
G. State of Good Health
Freedom from disease and illness, and in a condition of proper body weight and temperature for
the age and species of the animal, unless the animal is undergoing appropriate treatment.
RESTRICTIONS:
A. The keeping or housing of dogs or cats shall be permitted as an accessory use in all zoning districts.
No more than five (5) total dogs or cats in any combination shall be permitted, unless authorized
as a Private Kennel or Commercial Kennel as appropriate.
B. The keeping or housing of fowl and/or rabbits and/or other small animals commonly raised for
human consumption in numbers no greater than is required to satisfy the personal needs of the
human occupiers of the premises. Said small animals and/or fowl shall be properly contained.
Holding areas shall be a minimum of 25’ from all property lines.
C. The keeping or housing of large animals shall be limited as follows: one (1) horse or cow or pig
for each two (2) acres, and one additional animal for each additional acre provided that any pig pen
shall be a minimum of fifty feet (50 ft.) from any property line. A shelter must be proved for large
animals not housed in a barn. Shelter Standards: Constructed of durable material in a work like
manner, A minimum of three (3) sides and roof, Sized appropriately for the number and type of
animal, Accessible to animals year round, Be kept clean and dry, Be maintained at all times in a
state of good repair, with all braces, Fasteners, supporting frame, etc. free from deterioration and
rot, Area of shelter be 50 square feet per animal. (Effective 7-31-13, Updated 8/20/19)

red442joe
06-11-2024, 06:56 PM
Poorly worded^^^
At first it looks like five pigs....
Worth asking...

Joe

BucketBack
06-13-2024, 05:57 AM
She said the pigs wouldn't be ready for winter so to wait until spring

I have 4 - 4' x 5' and 4 - 2' x 3' solar panels though to install

Mad Trapper
06-13-2024, 06:39 AM
She said the pigs wouldn't be ready for winter so to wait until spring

I have 4 - 4' x 5' and 4 - 2' x 3' solar panels though to install

Bucket, let us know how this goes. I'll watch this thread

I might be getting 8 FREE 200 watt panels and have to do the install and get inverter/battery bank.

red442joe
06-13-2024, 12:14 PM
Put em in the sun!
LOLz, I crack me up!
I'll see my self out...

Joe

Mad Trapper
06-13-2024, 01:47 PM
]Put em in the sun![/B]
LOLz, I crack me up!
I'll see my self out...

Joe

Ah yup.

I need to learn more details on wiring in the controller/inverter/batteries, and hooking up the house..........might not matter, I think someone snagged the free ones before me.

BucketBack
06-13-2024, 02:39 PM
That's why we snapped them up

Mad Trapper
06-13-2024, 04:15 PM
That's why we snapped them up

These had just, < 1hr, popped up on CL "free".

Last week I got two whole PT decks with no rot. One the same size that is shot/rotted at one of my places.

TJC44
06-16-2024, 07:29 PM
What you need for the solar panels, even before the inverter, is a solar controller. These may differ from unit to unit, depending on the output of the panels. Do your research, get the details on the panels. A marine type (trickle charge) battery is also needed. Again, it depends on the output of the solar controller. Only after that can you use an inverter (I assume you mean DC to 120V AC). Knowing the Ah output of the panels would be helpful too.
Don't start hooking up untill you know your putting a round plug into a round hole.:nuke:

BucketBack
06-17-2024, 05:58 AM
I was doing that and had to bring Brads tester back since he lost power to his home. Again.

My tester needs a battery. I took home wiring in 9th grade electric class, so it should be complicated, as that was Back in '72 technology

I sitting here in sweat pants and a flannel since it's 68 degrees inside and out, 33 % humidity in, 91 % humidity outside, 74 dewpoint

TJC44
06-17-2024, 07:43 PM
I was doing that and had to bring Brads tester back since he lost power to his home. Again.

My tester needs a battery. I took home wiring in 9th grade electric class, so it should be complicated, as that was Back in '72 technology

I sitting here in sweat pants and a flannel since it's 68 degrees inside and out, 33 % humidity in, 91 % humidity outside, 74 dewpoint

"What are you wearing, Jake from State Farm?"

BB: Sweat pants & Flannel

:biglaugh:

BucketBack
06-25-2024, 04:27 PM
What you need for the solar panels, even before the inverter, is a solar controller. These may differ from unit to unit, depending on the output of the panels. Do your research, get the details on the panels. A marine type (trickle charge) battery is also needed. Again, it depends on the output of the solar controller. Only after that can you use an inverter (I assume you mean DC to 120V AC). Knowing the Ah output of the panels would be helpful too.
Don't start hooking up untill you know your putting a round plug into a round hole.:nuke:

Brad just remembered about the controller, he stopped by with his Mom after 3.5 hrs in GR with back infusions. Yeah he ain't doing good

Joe Says Lilly would clean up good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyLjMMHiK5A&t=141s

BucketBack
06-27-2024, 04:04 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyF-53UCcjw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyLjMMHiK5A&t=141s