PDA

View Full Version : Beryl

TJC44
07-06-2024, 08:09 AM
https://www.nhc.noaa.gov/graphics_at2.shtml?start#contents

Beryl dropped to TS after crossing the Yucatan (Thanks Mexico!), but is expected to re-strengthen again over the water before taking aim at Texas.
I'm sure all of our Texas people are already watching it. It's not expected to get back up to Cat 4, but stranger things have happenned.

I think it's going to be a crazy hurricane season if we are seeing Cat 4 hurricanes this early.

Mad Trapper
07-06-2024, 09:40 AM
It's Trump's fault......

Sparkyprep
07-06-2024, 11:14 AM
I am personally worried about Cozumel, Mexico. They nearly took a direct hit, and it is one of my favorite islands.

Slippy
07-06-2024, 11:45 AM
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Global warming because all of us rednecks didn't buy an EV or pray to the climate gods or separate our trash or some such nonsense...

#Taxation is theft even if its disguised as save the whales or babybirds or abortion...

Piratesailor
07-06-2024, 01:32 PM
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Global warming because all of us rednecks didn't buy an EV or pray to the climate gods or separate our trash or some such nonsense...

#Taxation is theft even if its disguised as save the whales or babybirds or abortion...

It’s all the cow farts. They make hurricanes spin faster

Mad Trapper
07-06-2024, 08:22 PM
It’s all the cow farts. They make hurricanes spin faster

1skrewsloose
07-06-2024, 10:09 PM
Why do all the weathermen pronounce Beryl, Barrel? Had a classmate in high school, his name spelled the same, said it was pronounced, Burrl. Guess you can say your name anyway you want. Merriam-webster says its barrel, just don't sound right.

red442joe
07-07-2024, 07:30 AM
Bare-ill, not bare-ell.
Fentan-ill, not fentan-all.

Joe

Mad Trapper
07-07-2024, 08:11 AM
Why do all the weathermen pronounce Beryl, Barrel? Had a classmate in high school, his name spelled the same, said it was pronounced, Burrl. Guess you can say your name anyway you want. Merriam-webster says its barrel, just don't sound right.

Kiev

Ki-ev not Keev

Inor
07-07-2024, 08:43 AM
Kiev

Ki-ev not Keev

I just call it "Blowed up".

Prepared One
07-07-2024, 08:53 AM
Beryl is expected to hit landfall around Matagorda Bay as a cat 1 and then bank east. We will get rain but not much in the way of winds. In our area they are predicting around 4" or so. If it stays on it's current track I am not expecting that much. Pretty mild as Hurricanes go. That said, I checked the generators, propane, etc. yesterday and we are good to go.

Mad Trapper
07-07-2024, 09:13 AM
I just call it "Blowed up".

Hope Zelensky is at the center when it does, blow up.

MFer bought all kinds of stuff with our tax dollars, not at all for the war. If he comes here, he should be persecuted, then on a gibbet.