PDA

View Full Version : What Kind Of Person Is A Prepper?

hawgrider
03-11-2015, 05:30 AM
First of all, and unfortunately, the word ‘prepper’ has become somewhat of a bad word, thanks to the mainstream and the way that they’ve portrayed a minority of the overall preparedness-minded crowd, having often hand-picked the most extreme examples they could come up with and affixing their ways to the label of ‘prepper’.

Having said that, I often use the phrase ‘preparedness-minded’ to represent my own general interpretation of the prepper majority.

So, that aside, what is the general mindset of the prepper? I suspect that a preparedness-minded person may posses one or more of the following traits:

http://modernsurvivalblog.com/modern-survival-ideology/what-kind-of-person-is-a-prepper/#more-1150

mhans
03-11-2015, 07:43 AM
http://modernsurvivalblog.com/modern-survival-ideology/what-kind-of-person-is-a-prepper/#more-1150

Im not a prepper... Im an "outdoorsman"... there, that should take me off the DHS list. :shocked:

Big Country1
03-11-2015, 08:39 AM
I don't like to be labeled but if I had to I would prefer the term "Rationalist." Because what I do is infact rational. This “othering” is the primary means by which a greater population can be turned against individuals, groups, and even entire communities. It’s all related to what in social science is known as symbology. Specific titles/labels themselves can become symbolic and people often react to symbols in the same way as what the symbol represents. So it’s better to not to be associated with symbols, titles, or labels in the first place. The more adept propagandist can demonize anything eventually.

Inor
03-11-2015, 09:58 AM
I am just an extreme Do It Yourselfer.

hawgrider
03-11-2015, 10:04 AM
Im not a prepper... Im an "outdoorsman"... there, that should take me off the DHS list. :shocked:If I had to be labeled I too would accept Outdoorsman. With a kicker in the "Art of self reliance"

Pauls
03-11-2015, 06:00 PM
I plan in order to be prepared when the unexpected happens.

I use a seatbelt - just in case.
I carry a gun - just in case.
I carry a spare tire - just in case.
I take reasonable precautions - just in case.

Who will take care of you and your loved ones if don't plan ahead?

Montana Rancher
03-12-2015, 02:51 AM

I would prefer you state your position and elaborate on it.

Posting a 900 work link and sitting back in the cheap seats is lazy

hawgrider
03-12-2015, 05:11 AM
I would prefer you state your position and elaborate on it.

Posting a 900 work link and sitting back in the cheap seats is lazyReading comprehension a problem for you this morning ?
If I had to be labeled I too would accept Outdoorsman. With a kicker in the "Art of self reliance"
What the **** part of this didn't you understand Hey go **** with someone else Richard ! I prefer you weren't such a Richard! You have a burr up your bum over your buddy Arizona Infidel ?