PDA

View Full Version : Civil war

Chiefster23
09-17-2024, 02:56 PM
As I’ve stated before, I also subscribe to the AVOW blog. (Mormon church prepper site). Lots of good info over there, but
I ain’t Mormon. But lately I’m seeing more threads concerning CW. How to prepare. What to expect. Etc. So seems like some folks are waking up to the fact that CW is becoming more and more possible. When Democratic leadership and TV talking heads are promoting a Trump assassination, this shit is getting real.

Also talking about the cackling hyena’s price control plan. Of course it will cause shortages but the site is explaining what became scarce during WW2 rationing. Good food for thought. If she gets elected it might be a good idea to go crazy on certain preps and of course more food and garden supplies. I think I’m gonna buy my seeds now instead of waiting till spring. Maybe a couple of sleeves of canning lids too. Fertilizer, check!

Lots to think about.

MountainGirl
09-17-2024, 03:21 PM
PO ordered us a case of Chicken Ala King. I blame Strat for that. :)

Good thread, Chief. It's coming for sure.

T-Man 1066
09-17-2024, 04:44 PM
What I hate about my preparedness is I feel that I am NOWHERE near where I feel I should be, but yet better prepped than about 98% of anybody I know...

Good grief, Charlie Brown!!!

Inor
09-17-2024, 04:52 PM
As I’ve stated before, I also subscribe to the AVOW blog. (Mormon church prepper site). Lots of good info over there, but
I ain’t Mormon. But lately I’m seeing more threads concerning CW. How to prepare. What to expect. Etc. So seems like some folks are waking up to the fact that CW is becoming more and more possible. When Democratic leadership and TV talking heads are promoting a Trump assassination, this shit is getting real.

Also talking about the cackling hyena’s price control plan. Of course it will cause shortages but the site is explaining what became scarce during WW2 rationing. Good food for thought. If she gets elected it might be a good idea to go crazy on certain preps and of course more food and garden supplies. I think I’m gonna buy my seeds now instead of waiting till spring. Maybe a couple of sleeves of canning lids too. Fertilizer, check!

Lots to think about.

Consider getting some of these:

https://www.reusablecanninglids.com/

I bought a case of the large ones and a case of the small ones about 15 years ago and they are still going strong. I HIGHLY recommend them.

Sasquatch
09-17-2024, 05:07 PM
The only people who benefit from CW is the government. Because they can then use that to take away more freedoms and be authoritarian.

IF a CW did go hot I know for a fact it would not turn out how the democrat voters think it would.

Democrat voters have been brainwashed and drawn into a cult. We talk a little about this on the last show. I am not sure what could be done, if anything, to bring them back.

Sparkyprep
09-17-2024, 05:07 PM
Fertilizer is effing expensive right now.... I had to shell out $2000 for just enough to fertilize 5 acres of pasture.

Chiefster23
09-17-2024, 06:03 PM
I’m only talking about yard raised bed garden plots. I don’t have the land, machinery, or stamina to go big. I can raise enough to supplement our diet but not to go full bore. If things get stupid crazy, we will starve here too. It will just take a little longer for us to die!

MG. I can’t find chicken ala-king in any local stores. How does it taste, and where do you buy you case lots full of cans from?

Chiefster23
09-17-2024, 06:06 PM
“Democrat voters have been brainwashed and drawn into a cult. We talk a little about this on the last show. I am not sure what could be done, if anything, to bring them back.”

No bringing them back. If it goes hot, it’s going to be to the bitter end.

MountainGirl
09-17-2024, 06:41 PM
I’m only talking about yard raised bed garden plots. I don’t have the land, machinery, or stamina to go big. I can raise enough to supplement our diet but not to go full bore. If things get stupid crazy, we will starve here too. It will just take a little longer for us to die!

MG. I can’t find chicken ala-king in any local stores. How does it taste, and where do you buy you case lots full of cans from?

They're supposed to be delivered tomorrow, I'll let you know with pics. :)

Inor
09-17-2024, 07:16 PM
Fertilizer is effing expensive right now.... I had to shell out $2000 for just enough to fertilize 5 acres of pasture.

Yep... All 3 main types of fertilizer are in short supply right now.

Nitrogen fertilizer is made from natural gas. Biden/Trudeau are strangling production in North America due to global warming. Europe can't make it because they blew up the Nord Stream pipeline. So no natural gas...

Potassium fertilizer mostly came from Asia. But both China and India (where most of it came from) will not export it because they are both in the middle of a rice shortage and rice requires a huge amount to produce.

Potash mostly comes from Canada, Russia and Ukraine. We all know how that is currently working...

The short answer as near as I can tell from the futures markets, be prepared for fertilizer to be expensive (if we can even get it) for several years.

1skrewsloose
09-17-2024, 07:30 PM
I just laugh at all these commies/libs and cw2, they're going to be in such a world of hurt and their precious be all, gov will do nothing to help them. Serves them right!!

T-Man 1066
09-17-2024, 08:17 PM

Nitrogen fertilizer is made from natural gas. Biden/Trudeau are strangling production in North America due to global warming. Europe can't make it because they blew up the Nord Stream pipeline. So no natural gas...

Potassium fertilizer mostly came from Asia. But both China and India (where most of it came from) will not export it because they are both in the middle of a rice shortage and rice requires a huge amount to produce.

Potash mostly comes from Canada, Russia and Ukraine. We all know how that is currently working...

The short answer as near as I can tell from the futures markets, be prepared for fertilizer to be expensive (if we can even get it) for several years.

Gonna be black market NPK!

Dwight55
09-17-2024, 11:36 PM
I want to see the libs come knocking on my door for food.

Half ounce of gold for one can of campbells soup . . . full ounce for a quart of gasoline . . .

Watch em squirm . . .

May God bless
Dwight

MountainGirl
09-18-2024, 05:38 AM
I want to see the libs come knocking on my door for food.

Half ounce of gold for one can of campbells soup . . . full ounce for a quart of gasoline . . .

Watch em squirm . . .

May God bless
Dwight

Keep your soup and gas.
Offer them lead for their chance to leave.

stevekozak
09-18-2024, 06:53 AM
Keep your soup and gas.
Offer them lead for their chance to leave.

This is the correct response!!!! :yessir:

Dwight55
09-18-2024, 07:34 AM
I figure maybe some day the world may quiet down again . . .

And I will have acquired a small pool of valuable metals.

Besides that . . . if I run out of lead . . . I can do the Lone Ranger trick . . . make my own bullets out of precious metal

May God bless,
Dwight

Prepared One
09-18-2024, 08:43 AM

I ordered them off Amazon. I have never eaten it but according to MG and Strat they are good.

Prepared One
09-18-2024, 09:05 AM
I think Civil War has already started. What else do you call it when one political party cheats the vote and tries to assassinate the leader of another political party in order to maintain power? This is right out of Stalin's play book. Hell, it's out of Putin's play book. Ohhhh, they will denounce political violence (Wink Wink) while they set the table up for it and encourage it with snide comments and sly innuendo. If they should succeed this could go hot real fast.

Chiefster23
09-18-2024, 09:26 AM
What I hate about my preparedness is I feel that I am NOWHERE near where I feel I should be, but yet better prepped than about 98% of anybody I know...

Good grief, Charlie Brown!!!

My sentiments exactly! This time it feels different. There is just too much bad shit going on at one time. Way too much! If Trump gets shot, or Ukraine, Middle East, or Taiwan goes hot, then all bets are off and things could explode. There are plenty of articles out there speculating that the Dems want a war thinking it will help them elect the hyena. Dangerous times we live in.

What kind of a sick individual wants a war for political gain without even considering the cost in human lives?

Mad Trapper
09-18-2024, 09:39 AM

Thoughts on this.

1) I need to get a big bag of dried blood as I use that more for a repellent than a fertilizer. Seems to work on most all mammals, Even keeps voles off root crops (carrots beets potatoes turnips...). Be good to get cheaper N sources too, urea/ammonium sulfate (for acid loving plants)

2) I heat with hardwood and save all my ash. Excellent source of potassium, and significant phosphorus, but highly basic. Can be used to correct garden PH.

https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s13762-021-03506-9

3) Piss is high in nitrogen/urea. A few piss jugs and a barrel outside. Start now and you'll be ready for spring gardens. Not for the squeamish. I'd apply before tilling/cover cropping, or as a side dressing well before harvesting.

4) If you raise animals, the rotted shit has ample NPK.

5) Remnants from processing fish and animals are high in plant nutrients (fish racks, animal slaughter/hunting remains,.....). Will attract scavengers, but bury to let rot or well buried/covered in large compost piles. Indians put fish racks under hills of planted corn/beans/squash

MountainGirl
09-18-2024, 09:41 AM
What kind of a sick individual wants a war for political gain without even considering the cost in human lives?

Every POTUS since Eisenhower, except Reagan &Trump.

MountainGirl
09-18-2024, 04:17 PM

PO ordered them from Amazon, $24 for a dozen 10.5oz cans. Tastes pretty good!
Mom used to serve it over those dry chinese noodle thingys... haven't seen those for years. It'll be good over rice or noodles or even toast! Like creamed tuna on toast, only different. :D
Actually, if need be, it's pretty good right outta the can. We both tried that and agreed. He wants to stock up several more dozen; best by date Jan 2026, so they should be good for at least 5yrs. Not that they'd last that long, lol. It's like comfort food. :)

Box of frogs
09-18-2024, 07:02 PM
Mom used to serve it over those dry chinese noodle thingys... haven't seen those for years. It'll be good over rice or noodles or even toast! Like creamed tuna on toast, only different. :D
Actually, if need be, it's pretty good right outta the can. We both tried that and agreed. He wants to stock up several more dozen; best by date Jan 2026, so they should be good for at least 5yrs. Not that they'd last that long, lol. It's like comfort food. :)

Used to have that over toast as a teenager at my parents.
It was fast to make and tasted pretty good.

1skrewsloose
09-18-2024, 07:35 PM
Everyone should invest in the cookbook, 101 ways to WOK a dog or cat. Bad joke, sorry.

hawgrider
09-18-2024, 08:01 PM
Everyone should invest in the cookbook, 101 ways to WOK a dog or cat. Bad joke, sorry.

I'd eat the neighbors dog. And cats taste like squirrels just sayin :pig::hungry:

Big Ken
09-18-2024, 08:15 PM
Mom used to serve it over those dry chinese noodle thingys... haven't seen those for years.

This? We have these all the time.

Inor
09-18-2024, 09:00 PM
I'd eat the neighbors dog. And cats taste like squirrels just sayin :pig::hungry:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mc1W_Pys88U

Ricekila
09-18-2024, 09:05 PM
https://hosting.photobucket.com/albums/v667/RICEKILA/Food/.highres/e2fd6b15.jpg?width=180&height=180&fit=bounds (https://hosting.photobucket.com/albums/v667/RICEKILA/Food/.highres/e2fd6b15.jpg?width=180&height=180&fit=bounds)

1skrewsloose
09-18-2024, 09:15 PM
https://hosting.photobucket.com/albums/v667/RICEKILA/Food/.highres/e2fd6b15.jpg?width=180&height=180&fit=bounds (https://hosting.photobucket.com/albums/v667/RICEKILA/Food/.highres/e2fd6b15.jpg?width=180&height=180&fit=bounds)

False advertisement. Protein level should have been much higher.

Dwight55
09-18-2024, 09:26 PM

That stuff and mac n cheese . . . are both French made poisons . . .

Everyone who eats that stuff either has already died . . . or will.

Either one will kill you.

May God bless,
Dwight

1skrewsloose
09-18-2024, 09:31 PM
On a long enough timeline we're all going to die from one thing or another, why worry about it. Millions of people die who led so called "healthy lifestyles". Eat bacon and eggs till you puke, is my motto.:)

T-Man 1066
09-19-2024, 06:59 AM
Dont forget fried cheese curds with ranch!

MountainGirl
09-19-2024, 07:39 AM
This? We have these all the time.

Yep! Thems the ones. :)

MountainGirl
09-19-2024, 07:55 AM
Used to have that over toast as a teenager at my parents.
It was fast to make and tasted pretty good.

Breakfast :)

Box of frogs
09-19-2024, 08:47 AM
Breakfast :)

Hey MG
Another good fast meal was Swanson chicken ala king.
It came in a bag that you boiled in water to heat it up.
Cut one side of the bag and pour it over toast or biscuits.
Yummy. I don’t ever see those boil in a bag meals anymore.
I think the microwave oven made the not practical.
BoF

Edit: might have been Banquet or Stoffers brand.

StratBastard
09-21-2024, 04:01 AM

These are a good quick and cheap tasty hot meal. Put 'em over toast, noodles, rice, pasta, even potatoes... whatever's lying around. Great prep item IMO.

Prepared One
09-21-2024, 04:57 PM
These are a good quick and cheap tasty hot meal. Put 'em over toast, noodles, rice, pasta, even potatoes... whatever's lying around. Great prep item IMO.

Plus a bit of hot sauce. Yeah baby!

Dwight55
09-21-2024, 08:04 PM
I've somehow gotten all away from that sort of stuff.

Canned beans, corn, beef, pork, carrots, tomatoes . . . all that is good.

Once they start adding 40 eleven ingredients . . . then comes the 5 things on the ingredient label . . . you can't pronounce . . . have no idea what it is . . . and is supposed to make this stuff shelf stable into the 22nd century.

Plus I ain't too sure that ain't some of that "grown in a stainless steel vat" type chicken. If it ain't today . . . probably the next case off the assby line probably will be.

Y'all have fun with it . . . just don't invite me to dinner.

I like looking at my chicken . . . and recognizing the parts from when I used to chop em . . . pluck em . . . singe em . . . gut em . . . cut em up . . . and have them on the table in less than 3 hours.

May God bless,
Dwight

1skrewsloose
09-21-2024, 10:09 PM
I've somehow gotten all away from that sort of stuff.

Canned beans, corn, beef, pork, carrots, tomatoes . . . all that is good.

Once they start adding 40 eleven ingredients . . . then comes the 5 things on the ingredient label . . . you can't pronounce . . . have no idea what it is . . . and is supposed to make this stuff shelf stable into the 22nd century.

Plus I ain't too sure that ain't some of that "grown in a stainless steel vat" type chicken. If it ain't today . . . probably the next case off the assby line probably will be.

Y'all have fun with it . . . just don't invite me to dinner.

I like looking at my chicken . . . and recognizing the parts from when I used to chop em . . . pluck em . . . singe em . . . gut em . . . cut em up . . . and have them on the table in less than 3 hours.

May God bless,
Dwight

You'd love going out to eat chicken for dinner in Peru, they're running live in the back of the restaurant, you pick out which one you want to eat. Talk about fresh. Sad thing is that they can't afford refrigeration.

1skrewsloose
09-21-2024, 10:19 PM
^ Which seems sanitary compared to London in the mid 80's with chickens and slabs of beef hanging in open air store windows for who knows how long.

1skrewsloose
09-21-2024, 10:38 PM
Seems hard to believe, but, vendors would push carts through the streets of Peru selling/exchange lp tanks for in house home cooking. And people squawk about how bad off they are here!!?? Rant over. just fed the fuck up with all this pissing, moaning and I deserve better just because bullshit. If they worked a single day in their life it would kill em.

1skrewsloose
09-21-2024, 10:39 PM
After all that, I think I need a drink.:) Just bothers me no end when folks don't appreciate what they have. Maybe cause they have never gone without?

Dwight55
09-21-2024, 11:50 PM
Beyond the political operative who uses the phrase . . .

I TRULY WAS raised in a middle class family . . . but early on . . . there were 10 of us living in basically a 4 room house . . . with no running water . . . no electricity . . . the house had one side on the edge of the hill . . . the rest held up by sandstone 12 x 12 pillars . . . heated by a fireplace in one end . . . and a wood cook stove in the other end.

5 of the ten were us boys . . . the oldest of which was almost 3 . . . and all that was before Huggies and Luvs.

Later it was a 100 yr old farm house . . . 3 bedrooms upstairs . . . 3 rooms downstairs . . . coal furnace in the basement. I came home from school . . . mom asked me if I wanted chicken for dinner . . . if I nodded yes . . . she said go get one . . . and I did.

Our chicken and eggs came from out in the barn . . . rabbits from the bunny pen . . . they tasted pretty good too . . . till my step dad killed my pet rabbit.

I know how to drive a tractor . . . hoe the weeds . . . kill a snake . . . pick and snap beans . . .

Plus spent 27 months gathering hostile fire pay almost 60 years ago.

I don't want to . . . but I could get involved in a civil war . . . and could hold my own . . . at least for a while.

May God bless,
Dwight