PDA

View Full Version : Secure communications - is it or will it be necessary?

Pauls
03-13-2015, 02:38 PM
I have been busy writing a "book" not a story but a list of words and assembling it into a paged format with the intent of writing software that can substitute a text note into numbers that point to the locations of the words in my book. On the other end the numbers could be entered and the words would be output to duplicate the note.

We have discussed different codes and cyphers in the past but how many think it might be necessary to have some form of secure communications in the future? Do you think it is necessary now?
After all everything you say, type or twit electronically is being observed by one branch of the government or more.

Inor
03-13-2015, 05:10 PM
I have been busy writing a "book" not a story but a list of words and assembling it into a paged format with the intent of writing software that can substitute a text note into numbers that point to the locations of the words in my book. On the other end the numbers could be entered and the words would be output to duplicate the note.

We have discussed different codes and cyphers in the past but how many think it might be necessary to have some form of secure communications in the future? Do you think it is necessary now?
After all everything you say, type or twit electronically is being observed by one branch of the government or more.

AJ and I wrote software that does exactly that a few months back for Old SF Guy. Please PM me with an e-mail and I will send it to you along with instructions for use.