PDA

View Full Version : My EDC

RWalls
02-16-2014, 11:50 PM
I carry an assisted opening knife made by Benchmade. Rumor has it, Benchmade may be discontinuing this model for a more expensive version.
I can tell you from experience that Benchmade does honor their lifetime warranty. I broke the spring that assists the opening and shipped the knife back to them. A week or two later (I forget exact time frame) they sent it back to me with new everything, even the blade was new, only the handle was original.

I can tell you I carry and use this knife every day at work or play. I have accidentally left it at home a few times and I feel naked. But I do always have a leatherman backup in the center console, just not the same as a good knife.

What are others carrying? I am always interested in what knife someone carries and why they chose it. If you got a pic throw it up here. I prefer a blade that keeps an edge well, which reminds me, I need to sharpen this dull thing. I use to keep my knives sharp all the time but have been slacking a bit.

BugMan
02-17-2014, 09:39 AM
I carry that exact same Benchmade and an SOG Power Assist Multitool 90% of the time. Sometimes I carry the Griptillian or my ZT350. All are great EDC knives. Yea, and when I can't carry for some reason it feels like I'm missing an appendage.

GeneC
02-17-2014, 09:42 AM
My EDC is a OTF, but I prefer fixed blades.

SquirrelBait
07-26-2014, 07:39 PM
579 580

My EDC.

machinejjh
07-26-2014, 07:54 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/07/27/ynapu6y8.jpg

Arizona Infidel
07-26-2014, 07:58 PM
I carry an assisted opening knife made by Benchmade. Rumor has it, Benchmade may be discontinuing this model for a more expensive version.
I can tell you from experience that Benchmade does honor their lifetime warranty. I broke the spring that assists the opening and shipped the knife back to them. A week or two later (I forget exact time frame) they sent it back to me with new everything, even the blade was new, only the handle was original.

I can tell you I carry and use this knife every day at work or play. I have accidentally left it at home a few times and I feel naked. But I do always have a leatherman backup in the center console, just not the same as a good knife.

What are others carrying? I am always interested in what knife someone carries and why they chose it. If you got a pic throw it up here. I prefer a blade that keeps an edge well, which reminds me, I need to sharpen this dull thing. I use to keep my knives sharp all the time but have been slacking a bit.

Nice. 580 barrage combo blade, right? Or is it the 585 mini?
I've got the "fancier" more expensive 586 mini.
They aren't "replacing" they would just be discontinuing as they already have the 586 and 581 in the lineup.
You've got the S197 blade, mines the M390 so called "super steel". I've already chipped the edge in 2 places.
When I ordered my 586 I did so off Amazon. I received a 585 combo blade in a 586 box. 581582
Amazon returned my money and I reordered it straight from Benchmade.
I picked the 586 because of its size and it looked nice and I was interested in this "super steel". I like a smaller "pocket" knife.
Overall I like the knife. Don't know about this blade material though.