PDA

View Full Version : Would You be Able to Leave Someone Behind?

hawgrider
04-09-2015, 05:38 AM
"Could you leave someone behind if you had to?"

Myself... If its a family member NO I could not leave them behind.
Id stay and we would all fight until we are all laying in a pile of our own hot brass.:doubleguns:

I routinely think about the potential of bugging out with my family. When I do consider how this would work logistically, I probably paint a rosier picture than is prudent from the standpoint of the circumstances that would necessitate me having to resort to this option. If my family is bugging out, things are very bad. If I am bugging out, it is with the plan that we won’t be coming back and the situation on the ground at my home is one that is not suitable for living any more. As it stands right now, I don’t have a large survival group or network of friends that plan to rendezvous on the outskirts of town at our planned rally point. It would be me and my family which believe it or not does not consist of a high-speed, low drag platoon of Army Rangers.
http://www.theprepperjournal.com/2015/04/09/would-you-be-able-to-leave-someone-behind/

James m
04-09-2015, 06:12 AM
It depends on how well I like that family member :/
You can't let someone take down a family member.

Innkeeper
04-09-2015, 06:58 AM
I have some family members who are leeches on society, so if they could not get their act together.....yes I would leave them behind, better to save most then let all be lost because of Liberal leeches....sadly even I have some in my family. :worried:

Arklatex
04-09-2015, 09:03 AM
I plan on bugging in. My biggest worry is my wife's 90 year old grandmother who lives in the old folks home in town. SHTF we gotta get her home. She is in great health for her age and gets around well with a walker, but she has mild dementia and takes a bunch of meds. What to do...

I feel very sorry for people in the old folks home. Especially after reading 1 second after. Their caretakers will not hang around long after SHTF. Especially if it's an EMP.

Txwheels
04-09-2015, 10:57 AM
I will protect my family above all else. If that means staying and dying to do it, so be it!

Sarge7402
04-09-2015, 11:34 AM
We don't leave folks behind. Crap. Starting to sound like an RVN story

OSFG
04-10-2015, 06:02 PM
I told someone once who asked me why I decided to have 4 kids. I said that I like to camp, and if a bear came after me I wanted to have enough kids to throw to the bear to ensure my escape.

Obviously I'm just kidding. I would never leave any family member but would encourage them to save themselves while I held off the threat.

.....unless it's a bear. Oh and uncles and cousins gotta fend for themselves. and In laws get tripped first.

Inor
04-10-2015, 07:11 PM
I told someone once who asked me why I decided to have 4 kids. I said that I like to camp, and if a bear came after me I wanted to enough kids to throw to the bear to ensure my escape.

Obviously I'm just kidding. I would never leave any family member but would encourage them to save themselves while I held off the threat.

.....unless it's a bear. Oh and uncles and cousins gotta fend for themselves. and In laws get tripped first.

Shit! I am almost out of in-laws. Until I read your plan I was happy about that situation. Now I am not so sure. What should I do?

Pauls
04-10-2015, 09:22 PM
Just off the top of my head I would not suggest new in-laws - I have heard that Mrs. Inor is good enough with a gun that there would be no reason for a divorce or bigamy charges.

Just turn to your loving wife and tell her that bear said her jeans make her look fat. Then get out of the way cause that bear is going to be hams, steaks and sausage in no time.

Inor
04-10-2015, 10:12 PM
Just off the top of my head I would not suggest new in-laws - I have heard that Mrs. Inor is good enough with a gun that there would be no reason for a divorce or bigamy charges.

You know Mrs Inor well enough to know that she is good enough with a gun that divorce or bigamy are ABSOLUTELY out of the question.

Just turn to your loving wife and tell her that bear said her jeans make her look fat. Then get out of the way cause that bear is going to be hams, steaks and sausage in no time.

That might actually work. I am going to file that in the back of my sick, twisted brain. Thanks!

OSFG
04-10-2015, 11:35 PM
Shit! I am almost out of in-laws. Until I read your plan I was happy about that situation. Now I am not so sure. What should I do?

I suggest an extended family camping trip and go Salmon fishing while there and scatter your catch around the camp site...them lace up your running shoes.