PDA

View Full Version : Sisters Survive 13 Days in Michigan Wilderness on Girl Scout Cookies, Cheese Puffs

hawgrider
04-28-2015, 05:41 AM
Thin Mints and Tagalongs are not exactly meant to be used as emergency rations, but eight boxes of Girl Scout cookies meant the difference between life and death for two women stranded in Michigan’s Upper Peninsula.

According to CNN, Leslie Roy, 52, and Lee Wright, 56, were driving to Kalamazoo in the southwestern Lower Peninsula after visiting a relative when their truck got stuck in heavy snow on a backwoods road in Luce County. For nearly two weeks,

http://www.outdoorhub.com/news/2015/04/27/sisters-survive-13-days-michigan-wilderness-girl-scout-cookies-cheese-puffs/

Baglady
04-28-2015, 10:52 PM
Amazing outcome to what could have been a tragedy. Of course, it may have been different if they were a lot younger, and didnt have the benefit of years under thier belts. IMO, age = experience, and that usually = resourcefulness.

hawgrider
04-29-2015, 05:06 AM
Amazing outcome to what could have been a tragedy. Of course, it may have been different if they were a lot younger, and didnt have the benefit of years under thier belts. IMO, age = experience, and that usually = resourcefulness.I guess I need to reevaluate my opinion of cheese puffs! LOL

MI.oldguy
04-29-2015, 09:50 AM
that happened a hundred mile or so from us.lots of people looking for them.I guess you can survive on junk food.They were afraid to hike out because there were bears in the area just waking up.

hawgrider
04-29-2015, 10:00 AM
Lions tigers and Bears Oh my!:ughh:

Baglady
04-30-2015, 08:54 PM
that happened a hundred mile or so from us.lots of people looking for them.I guess you can survive on junk food.They were afraid to hike out because there were bears in the area just waking up.Some experts advise to stay put if your lost like that. Makes sense to me...especially with hungry bears around!!