PDA

View Full Version : DIY Vapor Rub for Cough and Congestion

hawgrider
05-14-2015, 08:32 AM
When it comes to prepping, having the ability to fend for yourself for an extended period is a universal goal. First comes water, then comes food, and next, for many, comes first aid. And therein lies the rub, no pun intended.

A cold or cough can take you down in a flash, whether it is an annoying sniffle or a wracking, chest pounding cough. It is no fun and you are going to want to get rid of it fast. Alas, there are all types of over-the-counter remedies available to you but there are a few problems with them. http://survivallife.com/2015/05/14/diy-healing-vapor-rub/

1moretoy
05-14-2015, 09:39 AM
I see peppermint oil is a main ingredient. I've been using that for years for stuffy nose or sinus pressure relief. A little dab on the upper lip will open you right up. Also good for a mid-day pick me up if you find yourself wanting to doze. Put some on a cotton ball and store in an airtight container if you don't want to put it on your skin. (It does burn a little if you get it in your nose) then lift the lid and inhale over the cotton ball.